Author Topic: Guitar players post your stuuf  (Read 490 times)

Offline wombatt

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Guitar players post your stuuf
« on: February 22, 2005, 01:52:21 AM »
This is very very raw as it is my first attempt at writing and recording songs.

http://audioshots.com/auditorium/download.php?id=228

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2005, 02:19:10 AM »
lol

Didn't your geetar teacher say your fingers were to fast for your own good?! I guess you slowed it down, and removed any vibrato as well!  Can't find the thread, too many mrblacks.

Anywho, that was rockin!

Offline nirvana

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2005, 02:44:00 AM »
Not bad Wombatt.  I've tried writing songs I work on lyrics mostly but I do enjoy the occasional session of trying to figure some good stuff out.  Kind of sound like that "Fly Like and Eagle" song at times.  

What kind of set up do you have?  I mainly play a Fender Stratocaster (so n00bish isn't it?  it's my baby:D ) with an EMG 81 humbucker at the bridge.  Crate 15 watt amp and an overdrive/distortion pedal from Boss.  That sums up my set up.
Who are you to wave your finger?

Offline Rolex

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2005, 05:19:21 AM »
I'm speechless.  :eek:

Offline wombatt

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2005, 03:09:26 PM »
Originally posted by nirvana
Not bad Wombatt.  I've tried writing songs I work on lyrics mostly but I do enjoy the occasional session of trying to figure some good stuff out.  Kind of sound like that "Fly Like and Eagle" song at times.  

What kind of set up do you have?  I mainly play a Fender Stratocaster (so n00bish isn't it?  it's my baby:D ) with an EMG 81 humbucker at the bridge.  Crate 15 watt amp and an overdrive/distortion pedal from Boss.  That sums up my set up.

I use a Fender SRV sig strat with Van Zandt Pick ups.
For the Amp its a fender blues Jr.
Used a 4 track recorder and an external mike.

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2005, 05:43:37 PM »
« Last Edit: February 22, 2005, 06:29:42 PM by DiabloTX »
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Denmark I eat a danish for peace." - Diablo

Offline patrone

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2005, 06:54:31 PM »
Mic the blues jr from behind, inside the cabinet, the best way to do it. A shure sm 57 is my favorite for micing amplifiers.

And thanx, wombatt for the links to the "fenderforum", very nice.

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2005, 08:32:41 PM »
wombat, what kind of 4-track do you have?

Since you have 3 other tracks ( without bouncing tracks) , why not put some other guitar parts down or even a vocal?

Offline wombatt

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2005, 08:38:04 PM »
It's a tascam MF-po1

As far as vocals go LOL I sound like a ruptured duck.
I am thinking of trying to mix in some bass.

But I am holding out for this little tool.

http://www.digitech.com/products/GNX4.htm
« Last Edit: February 22, 2005, 09:00:12 PM by wombatt »

Offline patrone

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2005, 05:38:34 AM »
Wombatt

Most misstake people does is to do it all by themselfs. Nothing is more dynamic then a couple of others playing along and putting in their mind into the music. Alone is very difficult to get it "good".

NO matter what gear and methods one is using. To learn how to play in time and to follow others, even in the "misstakes" is very important. When its good its good, recorded on a singletrack or a 48 multitrack, it does not really matter.
(LOL, then arguments will always be a part of the creative process. A good thing, but sometimes a pain in the ***.)

Live performance are the only way to do it. Studiofreaks never get their stuff out of their room.
Mix a couple of wellknown covers with some own material. Eventully people will get use to the tunes and start to like them and even ask for them.

TO go beyond the "amatuer" level in music is very,very difficult and just wont happpend to you or me. Play to have fun, earn a couple of bucks on some live gigs down the local pub/bar and enjoy the moments.
Cause one things for sure: People love music.

Edit.
My gear is as follows:
Guitars Aucustics: Montana cutaway, Fender catalina. Sigma 12 string, Nippon
Electric: Fender 72 custom tele. Fender American standard tele.
Squire tele -82 (my favourite and very first electric!) Fender strat with EMG81. Fender strat custom made with 2 p90 (Johan Lundgren)+seymore duncan singlecoil in midpos.
Pianos: Fender Rhodes -72 mark 2, yamaha electric/midi piano with Hammondmodule.
Bass: yamaha 5 string, tokai 4 string.
Drums: red Gretch and another set of yamaha+pearls in mix.
Amplifiers: Roland jc 120, Fender superreveb silverface -72, Fender reverb blackface -65 (reissue) Fender reverb Folkesson custom. Peavy classic VT. Trace Elliot (bass) and a 50w bassman head throug a Fender 4x12.
Mixers: Soundcraft 16 channels, monitor mix: Yamaha 16 channels.
Output:Lab 2000+lab 500
Recording: 2XM-audio 1010 giving 16 channels of input/output.
Using Steinberg software on a dual xeon HP with 4 hotswop. 9,2 gb HD.(16 all in all)
Then a whole lot of diffrent eqs. multireverbs/effects, boxes, etc.etc. Mics from Shure, akg.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2005, 06:25:13 AM by patrone »

Offline nirvana

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2005, 10:24:41 PM »
patrone you gonna post a song of your own for us?  Sounds like you got some neat equipment.  How do you like your Strat with the 81?

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2005, 10:28:31 PM »
I feel like recording some crap myself and posting it here. It's been a long time, but I still have some okay gear.

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2005, 12:02:37 AM »
I will post a song within 1 week. You girls will then love me, as I deserve to be loved.

Offline patrone

• Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2005, 09:02:33 AM »
Originally posted by nirvana
patrone you gonna post a song of your own for us?  Sounds like you got some neat equipment.  How do you like your Strat with the 81?

I hate the strat, with the EMG´s. Rosewood neck, its a disaster. And if it was´nt for Steve Lukathers signature with dedication in silver on the pickguard, I would get rid of it,,lol
Seriuosly, I think there is something wrong with the EMG´s. Theres no real output and I´ve been trying to find whats wrong, but yet: No luck.

I wish I could post some songs, but I dont know how.
Anyway, my ears been taking a good beating over the years and finely said its ´nough. Developed a trauma called "Tinitus". (I think last Motörhead tour was little to much :138 db, 118 db without PA-system!!! Brought to court and fined 7000$, but I got away in the end.)
I have a little hope to be able to use some kind of "in ear" system in the future, but the system I need is very expensive.
So, during the last year: No music or shooting. Atleast for now.

Will keep the gear, cause my 14 year ol´, is getting pretty good playing that guitar. Good backline should´nt be underestimated.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2005, 09:11:47 AM by patrone »

Offline nirvana

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2005, 05:34:58 PM »
LOL fined for a concert?  Those stupid decibel restrictions in your area too?  My EMG's i have the switch flipped to the top end and they seem to make it get along better but i'm on distortion most of the time anyway:p