Author Topic: Diplomacy Pinky and the Brain 2 Brazil is gone  (Read 393 times)

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
Diplomacy Pinky and the Brain 2 Brazil is gone
« on: February 25, 2005, 12:17:36 PM »
Brazil betrayed me, they are gone.

Who is next?

The USA betrayed me, China betrayed me.  I will see to their destruction now.  I have yet to decide who dies first.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Habu

• Silver Member
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2005, 12:35:18 PM »
What?

Who are you and how did I betray you?

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2005, 12:53:22 PM »
Habu, it's a different game than the one you've been playing as Brazil.

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
!
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2005, 03:53:27 PM »
I don't see how I betrayed you but oh well if you were Britain I was attempting to work with you....you dweeb!

:rofl
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2005, 04:09:40 PM »
Hehehe.  I just didn't see it that way. I couldn't see how taking the Falklands, then Haiti from me without warning was working with me.  Guess I am a dweeb because I certainly never saw you working with me.

Offline Tarmac

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2005, 04:24:37 PM »
Nothing personal Reschke.   I just didn't believe you when you said that you'd leave me alone once France was out of South America.  :)

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2005, 04:38:59 PM »
Haiti is a non-issue Steve. I was forced there since I didn't have anywhere else to go. The Falklands were only attacked and conquered in order to free a fleet into heading east to Africa but that never happened because of the Dutch backstabbing me in the north.

As for you Tarmac....I only attacked you long after you invaded the Amazon. Which was well after I had petioned you for support and even ordered my Army unit (Spring 1863) to support you into the French territory. The following move you made was to bring in the forces and start attacking in concert with the French. I hope they went to their knees but if they end up screwing you I hope they give you a reach around. I know I didn't get one from you...:rofl
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2005, 11:10:19 PM »
The Falklands were only attacked and conquered in order to free a fleet into heading east to Africa but that never happened because of the Dutch backstabbing me in the north.

Sorry I'm such a dweeb.  I can't believe I considered you an enemy simply because you conquered one of my Home bases without discussing it w/ me first.  I'm such a dweeb.

Somehow, I'll have to press on in spite of the knowledge that I'm a dweeb and you have been wiped off the face of our Earth.  I'll struggle through it, somehow.

Offline Pei

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2005, 11:15:49 PM »
You are playing diplomacy and you didn't expect betrayal?

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2005, 11:37:05 PM »
WHats going on in the Oclub Game?
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2005, 12:29:25 AM »
You are playing diplomacy and you didn't expect betrayal?

Yes I expect it.  I also expect to mete out retribution, which I and my allies are doing in spades.

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2005, 01:04:20 AM »
I don't understand taking this game personally.  It's just a game, enjoy it, and all the stabs that go with it! :D

Originally posted by Nefarious
WHats going on in the Oclub Game?

First off, we finally wiped off those filthy U.S. Imperialist bastards off the face of the earth.  There will be no war for oil in their future! :p

France was evicted from the AHOA for unruly behavior.  He was disturbing the other residents, and just had one too many complaints filed against him, so management gave him a 72-hour eviction notice . . . but only after throwing his stuff out into the street.

The government of the CSA was overthrown recently, and a new leader came to power.  It is rumored that he has ties with the Brazilian President.

Holland's PM Jan van der SOB missed a critical military movement, and civil disorder was declared.  He was found later wandering the red light district in Amsterdam, smelling of smoked herbs and wearing nothing but a pair of women's undies on his head.

Meanwhile, President Dowding of Mexico seems to have come out of his Peyote-induced coma.
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2005, 01:18:01 AM »
That was beautiful.

:D

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2005, 03:10:51 AM »
I don't understand taking this game personally. It's just a game, enjoy it, and all the stabs that go with it!

This is my first game. I'm not sure if your comment was directed at me or not but, for me, making deals and seeing if they are going to go through or not is half(more?) the fun for me.  I'm not enacting retribution from taking betrayals personally, I'm doing so as part of the game and the "role" we all play.

I was in a verbal fencing match with China for much of the first part of our game... it was by far the part I enjoyed most, so far.
He betrayed me in Hong kong (who wouldn't, if they were China?)
and we bantered back and forth quite a bit about our mutual border in the India-Bengal area.  It was great fun!

The USA betrayed me after promising friendship.  He then told me that he is Native American and he is going to restore the whole of the continent to  his people.  Great stuff.  He sends peace offerings to me then works with Russia against me at every turn.  I keep my fingers crossed that he will one day see the light!  Until then, I am fighting a stalling action in an effort to keep him from taking over the entire continent.

Russia is a personality all its own.  The csar is a man of his word, when he speaks in specifics.  He made his wishes to have  KRC and KAs known.  I held them and kept him out until china came to his aid.  Now they each own one of the territories.  I was able to rush armies to India and have thus far thwarted Russia's expansion there.

I was also able to sack Bengal from the Chinese.  I broke my word there but China was too smart to be fooled.  I took it by force.

France and Holland have been boon allies but since there can only be one winner, I know that one day, if we persevere against our enemies, assuming alliances/enemies stay as they are,  tha they will turn against me and destroy the far flung British empire.
No matter, I can already say I'm having a blast!

Offline Tarmac

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2005, 04:54:56 PM »
Hey Steve -- enjoy the game, not winning, because people that only enjoy success usually don't enjoy Diplomacy -- mainly because you'll almost never actually win.  :D

SOB is one of the best people to play diplomacy with, simply because the fun he has in the game is contagious.  Whether you're allied with him, bitter enemies with him, or completely indifferent to him, you can't help but laugh at nearly every one of his messages.