Author Topic: Who served?  (Read 3064 times)

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
Who served?
« Reply #210 on: February 28, 2005, 12:10:10 AM »
As previously pointed out a few pages ago, it says:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Senator Ted Kennedy (D-MA) - U.S. Army, 1951-1953.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If it were honest, it would say of GW Bush
President GW Bush, TXANG, 1968-1973

but instead it says,
quote:
GW Bush - decided that a six-year Nat'l Guard commitment really means four years. Still says that he's "been to war." Huh?

When Ted Kennedy enlisted in the Army in '51, he signed up for four years after being expelled from Harvard for cheating. His father, Ambassador to the UK, pulled strings to get his four year stint shortened to two, and had him serve in Europe rather than combat service in Korea. The future Senator never rose above the rank of Private, and returned to school at Harvard, where he was a "c" Student.

So in order to be intellectually honest, those who hate GW for a connected slide thru a military service term should attack Kennedy as voraciously.
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
Who served?
« Reply #211 on: February 28, 2005, 12:11:58 AM »
Originally posted by Gunslinger
even though the list is inaccurate at best I will agree with you.  The post invasion was planned poorly.  The invasion was a smashing success and a great example of Manuver Warfare at its finest example of perfection.

Guns

I dunno about that... I was over at CDHQ during that time frame.  I struck me to be far more a problem of poor training and poor leadership CFLCC than poor planning.
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline JB88

• Plutonium Member
Who served?
« Reply #212 on: February 28, 2005, 12:23:35 AM »
Originally posted by Holden McGroin
As previously pointed out a few pages ago, it says:

quote:
Senator Ted Kennedy (D-MA) - U.S. Army, 1951-1953.

If it were honest, it would say of GW Bush
President GW Bush, TXANG, 1968-1973

but instead it says,
quote:
GW Bush - decided that a six-year Nat'l Guard commitment really means four years. Still says that he's "been to war." Huh?

When Ted Kennedy enlisted in the Army in '51, he signed up for four years after being expelled from Harvard for cheating. His father, Ambassador to the UK, pulled strings to get his four year stint shortened to two, and had him serve in Europe rather than combat service in Korea. The future Senator never rose above the rank of Private, and returned to school at Harvard, where he was a "c" Student.

So in order to be intellectually honest, those who hate GW for a connected slide thru a military service term should attack Kennedy as voraciously.

muchos gracias for the enlightenment.

now,. if only we could turn them all into candy bearing pinatas.

:)
this thread is doomed.
www.augustbach.com  

To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield. -Ulysses.

word.

Offline Zulu7

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Who served?
« Reply #213 on: February 28, 2005, 03:45:57 AM »
Morning!

While I wait for the shop to open, Its MOT time on my girlfreinds bike.

I was reading this.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/4303629.stm

Seems Things are going swimmingly in the New democracy as usual.

I have to ask what have our nations done realy apart from add more instability to an already unstable region?

Bring on the Paranoia...................

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
Who served?
« Reply #214 on: February 28, 2005, 04:21:07 AM »
You seem to be taking some measure of pleasure from this news.  I hope this is not the case.
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
Who served?
« Reply #215 on: February 28, 2005, 04:53:49 AM »
Of course he does.  He could care less about the terrorists killing civilians.  He gets an erection every time the terrorists kill someone.

Offline Zulu7

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Who served?
« Reply #216 on: February 28, 2005, 05:03:33 AM »
No pleasure at all Holden. It saddens me what a mess our govts are creating.

Martlet you are bang out of order mate.

:mad:

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
Who served?
« Reply #217 on: February 28, 2005, 05:13:26 AM »
Originally posted by Zulu7
No pleasure at all Holden. It saddens me what a mess our govts are creating.

Martlet you are bang out of order mate.

:mad:

Nope.  You can say what you'd like, but your posts tell the story.  You aren't fooling anyone.

My observation was dead on.

Offline Zulu7

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Who served?
« Reply #218 on: February 28, 2005, 05:17:23 AM »
Most people in here argue discuss and present their view. sometimes forcefully sometimes close to the mark. But usualy with a degree of respect.

You on the other hand!

That remark was way out of line and causes considerable offense. Take a long hard look in the mirror.

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
Who served?
« Reply #219 on: February 28, 2005, 05:31:07 AM »
Most people in here argue discuss and present their view. sometimes forcefully sometimes close to the mark. But usualy with a degree of respect.

You on the other hand!

That remark was way out of line and causes considerable offense. Take a long hard look in the mirror.

That remark was dead on.   It bothers you so much because you know it's true.

You should go back and read half the crap you post.  THEN take a long hard look in the mirror.

Offline Zulu7

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Who served?
« Reply #220 on: February 28, 2005, 05:42:26 AM »
You crossed the line of personal insult.  Learn to read properly not selectively.

Nothing more to add as far as you are concerned you can go and swim in it pal.

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
Who served?
« Reply #221 on: February 28, 2005, 05:46:20 AM »
You crossed the line of personal insult.  Learn to read properly not selectively.

Nothing more to add as far as you are concerned you can go and swim in it pal.

Of course you don't have anything more to add.

You've been exposed.  Pick up your toys and spread your hatred in another thread.

Offline Zulu7

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Who served?
« Reply #222 on: February 28, 2005, 05:50:09 AM »
:rolleyes: Pillok:rolleyes:
« Last Edit: February 28, 2005, 10:08:16 AM by Zulu7 »