Author Topic: Smoke for dead shapes?  (Read 275 times)

Offline BlauK

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34/
Smoke for dead shapes?
« on: February 27, 2005, 08:33:26 AM »
How can the dead shapes be made smoking and burning like e.g. the fuel depot does? Is it some definition somewhere?
I tried looking at the exported fuel depot object file, but did not find anything relevant.

BlauKreuz - Lentolaivue 34      

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
Smoke for dead shapes?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2005, 11:33:41 AM »
You seem to be saying you want to build a new fuel factory but might be asking to build a different shape and attach smoke and fire.

You should be able to replace the fuel factory or fuel bunker shape.  The smoke and fire action should be automatic, hard coded into the class of objects based on their name.

It would be cool if we found out the smoke and fire action was separate and could be attached to the object.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline BlauK

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34/
Smoke for dead shapes?
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2005, 12:53:51 PM »
Tnx, I am aiming for the latter. I would like to have the smoke in some of the dead shapes I plan to make for new buildings.

Didn't e.g. VH:s have fire and smoke earlier? I think they stopped smoking at some time during rebuild.. giving kind of warning for the attackers that VH is coming up soon.

I will try the class definition...

BlauKreuz - Lentolaivue 34      

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
Smoke for dead shapes?
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2005, 01:20:25 PM »
VHs have smoke and flame for 10 minutes then flame only for 5 minutes more followed by the VH (or any other hanger) rebuilding.

Seeing a hanger killed message might not be what you want, since it implies a vehicle spawn point but if you used a factory building instead it could effect the countries strat system.

A shape assigned as a fuel bunker might be your best choice.   They don't affect game play anymore so they're not much good for anything else and they may smoke and burn longer then a hanger.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001