Author Topic: External view???  (Read 430 times)

Offline ROOSTER3

• Zinc Member
External view???
« on: June 12, 2001, 05:43:00 AM »
OK is there A reason that I can hit F-3 in A bomber and get the external view  but not in the fighters??? It does work for me in the off line mode but not  the on line play. It would be A good thing if I could manage to do this since I can't check my 6 due to the fighter I fly. Any input to this would be very helpful...THX      :confused:

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
External view???
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2001, 06:18:00 AM »
that's an arena setting ON line you don't have external except for bomber.
It's a feature  :)

Offline Rocket

• Nickel Member
External view???
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2001, 06:23:00 AM »
Rooster,
  In bombers you would have up to 10 pairs of eyes to scan the skies for enemy planes attacking, therefore we have the external view to give you a better view.  In a fighter it is only one person hence no external view.
  To get a better view you can adjust each view key to get the best view you like.  Just look the direction you want, use the arrow keys and pageup/pagedown to adjust and hit F10 to save the head position.  You should get a confirmation in the chat buffer that it is saved.  If you don't like a view you set hit home then f10 to get the default view back.

S!
Rocket
AH Training Corp

Offline ROOSTER3

• Zinc Member
External view???
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2001, 06:39:00 AM »
THX for the response... I do use the other views and they do work great was just trying to get alittle edge as far as shaking some one from my six.. OH WELL PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE!!!!! oh what a learning curve we have !!!!  ;)

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
External view???
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2001, 09:00:00 AM »
Also, once you have your views set, take note of the blind spots. We know where those are and that's where we are hiding.  :)
sand