Author Topic: Couple of Questions about object editor  (Read 493 times)

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
Couple of Questions about object editor
« on: March 10, 2005, 07:13:40 PM »
Is it possible to open a .shp file using OE or AC3D?

Is it possible to get textures to show up on objects in the OE?

Offline BlauK

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34/
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2005, 02:59:55 AM »
You can export the available shapes from OE to .ac format. This export also creates bmp:s from htx:s.

You have to fit the textires on the objects in ac3d.. object/texture/load texture  and then tools/texture coordinate editor (F10).

After saving the object in ac3d (use the OE export folder and use your texture bmp:s also from that same folder!) convert your object from from .ac in OE.. File/convert ac3d file.

BlauKreuz - Lentolaivue 34      

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2005, 03:38:43 PM »
i know all that, thats not what I was asking. See I already placed all my objects using the TE, before figuring ou i need to build the shape in the OE. So when I save the shape group I built in the TE it converts to a .shp file, can I open that file somehow in the OE?

also when working with something in the OE (if the above does not work) I need to see the ground so that I can place the objects in the right place on the tile.

Offline BlauK

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34/
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2005, 03:47:38 PM »
If you copy the shp and its htx to your userlib folder, you should be able to open them it in OE.

To see the ground, make one 5280x5280 size square polygon in ac3d, texture it, save it, convert it in OE and use it as the ground texture for placing your objects. You can alway delete it before building the final shape.

BlauKreuz - Lentolaivue 34      

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2005, 02:19:31 PM »
ok I got the image to show up in OE now so I was able to place the objects there. but now its not building. Is there a limit to how many objects can be on a field when building it? I have about 150, alot of them are things such as taxiways and fences.

Ive built 1 field already and it was about half the size so I dunno if thats why its not working or what.