Author Topic: give me a config file please  (Read 419 times)

DEATHWALKER

give me a config file please
« on: February 11, 2000, 01:30:00 AM »
I cant map my joystick, I just spin off the end of the runway. Could someone send me a config or even post one so I can enter it in my aces high file. I only have a 2axis - 2 button stick but i cannot seem to get the program to disregard rudder or something. Help Please

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2000, 02:23:00 AM »
You need to use the Rudder when Taking off, as I don't think you will be able to map the 3 needed Rudder keys on 2 buttons, use the keyboard (A S and D).

Cheers,

------------------
Saw/Saintaw
BISHOP'S FINEST FLYING BRICK

DCO 186th Wardogs (Falcon4 Squad)
 http://www.wardogs.org/
"Firepower Mate, that is what separates the men from the boys..."
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2000, 07:57:00 AM »

Deathwalker, do you think it might be a good idea to say what type of joystick you have?

-Westy

DEATHWALKER

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2000, 10:49:00 AM »
Its a TECH joystick

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2000, 10:52:00 AM »
 Can't help ya      If you had CH or even a Microsoft Sidewinder I could have.
 I've never heard of TECH.

-Westy

Offline Tern

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2000, 10:54:00 AM »

Originally posted by DEATHWALKER:
Its a TECH joystick

Never heard of a "TECH" joystick before.    Can you be a bit more descriptive?  I am running the CH-Pro throttle, Pro-Pedals and F16 Combat Stick setup.  Before I got the pedals, I mapped the 3 finger buttons on the front of the throttle to use as rudders.  Helps a LOT!  
Also, the CH-Pro throttle can program any, (and I mean ANY)joystick.  Not a bad investment for $80+ US.

------------------
O.E. 'Tern' Dillon
"Live to Fly!  Fly to Fight!  Fight to Live!"

DEATHWALKER

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2000, 12:39:00 PM »
look its a crap 2x2 joystick. That means generic 2 axis 2 button just like it says in the install game controller setup. What I need is a config to even out all other controls except up and down and left and right get it. I am disabled and cant reach across the bloody board to use asd keys happy now

Offline snafu

• Silver Member
      • http://www.btinternet.com/~snaffers
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2000, 04:28:00 AM »
Hi Mate,
I started out with a Logitech Wingman light (2 Button, 2 axis). They are alright in flight but are a pain on take off. I used to use the following method.

1). Engage "Auto Angle Autopilot" (Shift x) Read light on in cockpit.

2). Start engine with throttle CLOSED.

3). S L O W L Y Open throtttle to about Half.

4). As plane accelerates open the rest of the way. (Again S L O W L Y).

5). Once clear of the ground get the U/C (& flaps if U Use them for T/O) up asap.

You will find the plane drifts across the field a bit but don't worry as long as you dont hit anything you should be ok.

Sorry if this seem's a bit basic but take offs without rudder are a pain.

And this method does work.

Let me know how U get on CYA up there.

TTFN
snafu

Offline tshred

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2000, 06:06:00 AM »
Deathwalker, unfortunatley you need to apply rudder on take off. But, there is another way! When on the runway, hit shift x or x, this engages the autopilot. Then start engine, apply throttle smoothly, do not move any controls, then when at end of runway, pull back gently to lift off. Once in the air, using autopilot occasionally will help get your trim set so you don't have to worry about your rudders so much, or you can use the j and l keys to adjust your rudder to center.

These flight models require the use of rudder, there is no easy mode yet or any other way to 'dumb down' the FM's. Since you mentioned you are disabled and have trouble reaching the rudder keys, I would suggest that you get a joystick with the rudder built into the stick(twist the stick for rudder) if you can afford one. Microsoft makes one and I think a few others do also! Using rudder will allow you to use every bit of performance available from the fighter of your choice, bombers you probably can get by flying just fine with out them. I would also suggest getting a joystick with as many buttons as possible if/when you can. This game can potentially use a lot of keyboard commands depending on your mission, and mapping as many of them to your joystick as possible will go a long way to helping you out  .

PS Email me if you like, I can meet you online or Head 2 Head(if you and H2H yet, not sure)and help you get off the ground!

ts