Author Topic: talent gap  (Read 1477 times)

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
talent gap
« Reply #45 on: March 07, 2005, 08:53:42 AM »
JAXXO,

I think I know what your problem is.  It is derfinetly not skill.  Your broblem may be upping from bases under attack where everyone comes in 1K may be 2K higher (does not look that bad) but very fast.  You problem may also be that you don't start your attacks after reaching 10K or 15K and after all your friends have made a mess out the bad guys SA.  Your problem may also be that you start fighting as soon as you see the bad guys instead of waiting to see how many are following.

In short, yes I am sure you could improve your combat skills (every one can) but if you are looking to go out and come back with 10 kills, learning how to fly is not going to help you.
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline jaxxo

• Silver Member
talent gap
« Reply #46 on: March 07, 2005, 02:27:32 PM »
call me anytime to go to da superdud..if im not in squad mission ill go with ya. I would really like to just get in different p[lanes and see some new perspectives As for engaging too many cons thats correct..i get bored with grabbing 12k and using "sa" all the time..thats purely my fault. Really i think fighting guys who you know are better than you is the key. sometimes it takes 2 or 3 on one to get that accomplished.

Offline OIO

• Silver Member
talent gap
« Reply #47 on: March 07, 2005, 05:00:50 PM »
Originally posted by JB73
what i dont get is some (and just some not all) of the much better vet sticks make the p38 out to sound like a "God mode" plane.

i know there are those out there that do not think is is the best, and it is odd trying to figure these p38 lovers out.

with no offense intended, i hate the p38. it is smurfy, bad views, and just generally distasteful. i am not a super smart man, but i did do well in school, and learned alot. until i came to AH, i had never studied WWII, only what i had ran across in every day life.

i had never heard of the p38 in my life at 29 years old.

i have yet to find in any of the 20 books i have bought a mention of the p38 being so superior to many planes. in fact i have read about it's major inferiorities in some cases.

what is the facination of the p38? (rehtorical question please don't answer i have heard it here on the BBS for 3 years, and i still dont believe 1 stich of it)

JB its simple.

Performance wise (accel, speed at alts,firepower/ordenance, climb, dive, turn, roll, zoom, range, e-retention) the P-38 is as good or *almost* as good as all other planes in the set. In all categories.  

Its a plane of 'almost as good'. Which means that no matter what plane it faces, it can pull manouvers using those 'almost' abilities against the other plane's weakness to defeat it.

All other fighters have easily known and exploitable advantages and weaknessess.. for example the 109g10 turns for crap and the zero is crap for speed. The P-38 has almost the best performance that all other planes have as their best advantage and has some features unique to the 38 (counter-rotating props and huge arse fowler flaps).

So when you in plane X and meet a 38, you're really meeting the best performance of almost all planes in the set... the only defining element is the pilot IN the 38.

OTH, when you meet any other plane in the arena, you can easily tell what the enemy plane is bad at (speed, turning, etc) and fight accordingly.. a 38 however, can go from being a good turner to being a good energy fighter in the same engagement.

And at almost any altitude.