Author Topic: Offline Film Bug  (Read 231 times)

Offline Alpo

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Silver Member
Offline Film Bug
« on: March 03, 2005, 07:53:23 AM »
Getting ready for Coral Sea scenario I was filming my SBD run on an enemy task force.  I dropped my bomb on the CV and received a few gun battery destroyed messages.

When I went back to review the film, it looked as if I was diving on the left trail destroyer.  I watched as I pulled up, the bomb strike could easily be seen on the CV but I was definitely pulling up from the DD.  Checked all the various extermal view options and everything showed the same.
SkyKnights Fighter Group -CO-
R.I.P.  SKDenny 02/03/1940 - 02/19/2012

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
Offline Film Bug
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2005, 09:45:54 PM »
Semi-related; Watched a P51D dive in on a CV, drop bombs on a destroyer, and watched the CV light afire. Um?
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
Offline Film Bug
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2005, 04:56:01 PM »
I don't think the ships display in the correct location on films. I think I deleted it, but I had a film of a  goon landing on a cv, then the tail fell through the flight deck. In the film, I'm nearly a full wingspan off the CV, seemingly hanging there in midair. was kooky, I'll see if I still have that film.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline RSLQK186

• Silver Member
Offline Film Bug
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2005, 09:07:39 PM »
It may not be a filming problem. Alot of strange things happen around CVs. It  falls right in line with holding on the deck while the CV turns and seeing your Squadies 20 yards out to sea had holding. If we hold on a runway I can look down and see what brand of liquor their totin'.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2005, 09:12:05 PM by RSLQK186 »
Hacksaw- THE UNFORGIVEN
Founder- Special events contingent
"I'm very very sneaky"

Offline jpeg

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.steveo.us
Offline Film Bug
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2005, 09:24:54 PM »
This is not just offline.

I have tried several times to film my carrier landings online (or my attempts anyways) and when viewing the films it appears I'm landing in mid air to the left of the CV

Offline Cobra412

• Silver Member
Offline Film Bug
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2005, 07:38:47 PM »
I've experienced a similiar thing. I was landing on the cv and my squad mates were too.  They kept saying I was off on my cv approach.  They were landing to the far right of me on an invisible cv.

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
Offline Film Bug
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2005, 05:44:38 AM »
Same here... CVs never seem to be in the same place on different front ends.

Our squad once did carrier ops practice. We (about 12 pilots) went through the routine of upping  landing most CV fighters with different loadouts. On my computer it looked like the squad was spread out over the water while waiting for the takeoff signal, the furtherst up to d400 from me... they all claimed to be sitting´on the CV deck. Same after landing...

And do you remeber that 'split personality' CV, seeming to be somwhere else completly for about half of the MA players.
21 is only half the truth.