Author Topic: Jose Padilla anyone know who this is?  (Read 6619 times)

Offline Raider179

• Gold Member
Jose Padilla anyone know who this is? "is this justice thread"
« Reply #120 on: March 03, 2005, 04:02:47 PM »
Originally posted by Martlet
That's correct.  If you are a treasonous terrorist, you can be locked up indefinitely.

Thankfully.

lol I don't understand. Treason is a crime. That kid from california got a trial and he was caught on the battlefield. So your ok with the government just rounding up whomever it says are terrorists and then locking them up and throwing the key away, with absolutely no evidence ever being presented to justify it? Is that what you are saying is ok? Because that is not ok. That to me is the terrorists winning. Turning us against ourselves. I would rather risk a bomb every now and then, than the government locking up citizens at its own discretion.

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
Jose Padilla anyone know who this is? "is this justice thread"
« Reply #121 on: March 03, 2005, 04:16:04 PM »
Originally posted by Raider179
lol I don't understand. Treason is a crime. That kid from california got a trial and he was caught on the battlefield. So your ok with the government just rounding up whomever it says are terrorists and then locking them up and throwing the key away, with absolutely no evidence ever being presented to justify it? Is that what you are saying is ok? Because that is not ok. That to me is the terrorists winning. Turning us against ourselves. I would rather risk a bomb every now and then, than the government locking up citizens at its own discretion.

Apparently you have a reading problem.  That same question was already posed to me and answered.  I'll post it again just for you.

What I said was:

If they claimed a chicago gang banger with a rap sheet as long as my truck, who changed his name to mohammed and moved to the middle east to train with al al qaeda was a terrorist, I'm not going to lose much sleep over it.