Author Topic: Jose Padilla anyone know who this is?  (Read 6789 times)

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Jose Padilla anyone know who this is?
« on: November 11, 2003, 03:47:29 PM »
This guy is a scummbag but he is being held without charge. Unlike the last guy in that other "is this justice thread"

A page about it.

NO JUSTICE HERE: March 26 The government is refusing the judge's order to have Padilla meet with his lawyers, and is appealing the case.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On June 9, 2002 Jose Padilla--a.k.a. Abdullah Al Muhajir--was transferred from control of the U.S. Department of Justice to military control. Since that time, Padilla has been held in a navy brig in South Carolina.
Padilla has not been charged with a crime, and does not have access to a lawyer in his detention. This is a clear violation of the 5th Amendment, and probably a violation of the 6th Amendment. It is also a clearly abominable violation of the democratic traditions of the United States.

Padilla has been accused of plotting heinous acts of terrorism, particularly the setting off of a "dirty bomb". He has been accused of conspiring with members of al-Queda, and planning to scout for that terrorist organization, using the benefits of his U.S. citizenship. President Bush has designated Padilla an "enemy combatant".

These are frightening accusations, and they may be true. Accusations do not give the President the authority to lock someone away, however. According to the laws and traditions of the U.S., the way to determine who gets imprisoned is through the due process of a trial by jury.

Jose Padilla may be a traitor and a terrorist. But he was not captured in Afghanistan with a gun in his hand. He was arrested at Chicago O'Hare airport. If Jose Padilla can be held without criminal charges, strictly on the say-so of the President, then any American can be. That is tyranny. We must put an end to it.

It is essential that Padilla be either freed or charged with a crime.

Unlike that other thread where the guy was held as a witness and was indeed a witness even though his site claimed otherwise. This guy is not being held as a witness and I see no way this is legal.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2003, 04:38:05 PM by GtoRA2 »

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
Jose Padilla anyone know who this is? "is this justice thread"
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2003, 09:45:02 PM »
If Bush and Ashcroft say it's legal, then by god, it must be.
sand

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2003, 09:50:53 AM »
Sandman
 Why all the fire over the other guy, and none for this guy? This may be against the law.

Offline Mighty1

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2003, 10:17:03 AM »
He's being sarcastic.

Padilla has been accused of plotting heinous acts of terrorism, particularly the setting off of a "dirty bomb". He has been accused of conspiring with members of al-Queda, and planning to scout for that terrorist organization, using the benefits of his U.S. citizenship. President Bush has designated Padilla an "enemy combatant".

Good enough for me!
I have been reborn a new man!

Notice I never said a better man.

Offline DmdNexus

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2003, 10:26:42 AM »
It is essential that Padilla be either freed or charged with a crime.

Can't the Administration just use a high voltage cattle prod to get a confession?

Offline capt. apathy

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.moviewavs.com/cgi-bin/moviewavs.cgi?Bandits=danger.wav
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2003, 10:51:50 AM »

they say he's accused but won't formally accuse him.  

since when does the president designate who will be locked-up.(since the 2000 elections I guess)

charge him or free him.

the greatest threat to our american way of life is this administration.

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2003, 11:23:08 AM »
Capt
 I agree about this. But just this and not the rest of the tenbears LDV nexus tin hat BS.

This is wrong. He should be charged or let go. not held in limbo.

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2003, 11:46:55 AM »
He's right where he belongs.  I'm glad they have him tucked away where dirt bag lawyers can't get at him.

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2003, 11:57:36 AM »
Martlet
The guy is a scumbag but you really think it is ok take the right to a fair trail and to be charged with a crime before being jailed  is a good thing for this country?

Offline DmdNexus

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2003, 12:00:15 PM »
Originally posted by GtoRA2
Capt
I agree about this. But just this and not the rest of the tenbears LDV nexus tin hat BS.

That's because you've been tooled, just like the rest of the neo-cons.

Resistance is futile... You shall be assimilated :rofl

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2003, 12:26:07 PM »
Originally posted by GtoRA2
Martlet
The guy is a scumbag but you really think it is ok take the right to a fair trail and to be charged with a crime before being jailed  is a good thing for this country?

It completely depends on the circumstances surrounding the incident.  I can't make a blanket statement like that.  In this case, yes.   I can see why others wouldn't, though.  I, personally, only need to be shown that a person was working with Al Queda.  After that, I don't care what happens to them.

Why?  Because I do believe this is a war on terror.  It isn't a traditional war, where people don their sides uniform.  It's different.  If someone can show me a person was participating in this war, and was on the other side, then they can hold him for as long as they'd like with no complaint from me.   That question has been answered to my satisfaction in this case.

Offline Seeker

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2003, 12:29:46 PM »
Couldn't you guys see which way your country was developing once the government assinated Dennis Weavers family?

Offline DmdNexus

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2003, 12:44:41 PM »
Originally posted by Martlet
Why?  Because I do believe this is a war on terror.  It isn't a traditional war, where people don their sides uniform.  It's different.  If someone can show me a person was participating in this war, and was on the other side, then they can hold him for as long as they'd like with no complaint from me.   That question has been answered to my satisfaction in this case.

I agree :aok

Just like how Senator Joe McCarthy was good at finding all the commie spies the Russians had birthed here in the US. He saved our country from being over taken by the terror of communism.

Because good ol' Joe could spot a commie just by what they said and how they looked!

Thankfully all those jewish hollywood writers that were black listed weren't able to get their subversive commie message out to our people and brainswash them and convert them to commism.

In times of war... sacrifices have to be made... and during martial law... the constitution protection doesn't apply... it's for the good of the country...

We should stop all anti-regime debate and support meine fruer..eh.. president.. because he's doing what's right to protect the nationalism in this country.

Any one the government arrests or suspects must be guilty...
just like Richard Jewel the Olympic bomber,

and those 40 drug dealers in Tulia Texas - they were arrested, found guilty by a jury and then put into prison, then the liberals got involved and prooved the police falsified everything... the prosecutors were duped...any one knows that black people in Texas are criminals... eventually.... might as well throw them in jail before they commit any crimes.

And worse of all are the several hundred people released from prison after DNA evidence proved they were innocent.... obviously, the liberals were tampering with the evidence and switched it.

If GWB and the goveronment says someone did something wrong... that's good enough for me! Lock them up, throw away the key!

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2003, 12:48:27 PM »
Seeker
 You should back a statement like that up with some links and info.

I have no idea who this weever fellow is. But if you are one of the tin hat conspericy wackos or just a moron like nexus don't bother.

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2003, 12:50:23 PM »
When we stop protecting the scumbags... we are on the road to not protecting YOU!