Author Topic: Help with nose art ..  (Read 454 times)

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
Help with nose art ..
« on: August 31, 2001, 05:14:00 AM »
It wasn't until recently the 'nose art' wasn't in here just for fashion. I asked about it and people have said that the nose art was VISIBLE!! in AH planes. I don't think I ever recall seeing a plane with different markings, but then again, You don't get to see planes from the side too often - usually most U see is their rear end  :D

Is it true these original markings, which can be custom built, is visble in the game??

I was excited about it and tried building a small 64x64, 256 color marking for me myself(and yes, I looked up in the Help section and put the background with color 217,217,217).. I went to squads menu, (and since I'm the owner of my squad whose member iis me), and used "Upload Noseart" button.

Hmm.. nothing in the text buffer.. no "Nose art uploaded" or something.. but anyway, I tried this yesterday. I come in today, record a film and see if I can see my marking on my plane. Hmm.. I don't see any markings.  :(

Does it take time after nose art upload? If so, how much time? Or is it just invisble from film but it's really visible to other people?  

Yes I made a nose art BMP pic. Now, what do I have to do to see 'em on my plane?

:)

Offline flakbait

• Silver Member
      • http://www.worldaccessnet.com/~delta6
Help with nose art ..
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2001, 07:01:00 AM »
Yeah it's visible alright. Ripsnort had a shot of my Panzer way back when that had my nose art on it. The transparent background isn't 217, it's 176. The only way to see your nose art is to either A: relog and fly a bomber, using the external view to spot it. Or B: create your squad in the training arena and upload the art in there.

-----------------------
Flakbait [Delta6]
Delta Six's Flight School
Put the P-61B in Aces High
"With all due respect Chaplian, I don't think my maker wants to hear from me right now. I'm gonna go out there and remove one of His creations from this universe.
And when I get back I'm gonna drink a bottle of Scotch like it was Chiggy von
Richthofen's blood and celebrate his death."
Col. McQueen, Space: Above and Beyond

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
Help with nose art ..
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2001, 10:31:00 AM »
Nose art must be "approved" by HTC, usually takes a day or 2 i think.

SKurj

Offline Enduro

• Silver Member
Help with nose art ..
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2001, 01:30:00 PM »
LOL.  luv the sign on your plane, flakbait.

:D

Enduro
TBolt
Last edited by hitech on 09-08-2004 at 10:51 AM for flaming everone.

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
Help with nose art ..
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2001, 05:09:00 PM »
kweassa that nose art i posted for you have been ready to go.

just rename it and and save in ah/squad file. Takes a couple of days for htc to approve it tho. You will not see it when watchind a film. The best way is check it is to up in a buff and goto external view

ps the nose art was no bigger then 64x64 it was smaller to adjust it to fit also was in 256 colors.