Author Topic: Cant Open TE  (Read 461 times)

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
Cant Open TE
« on: March 05, 2005, 06:56:20 PM »
I was working on a map, saved it then closed it. Later I came back and tried opening the terrain editor but got an error and it closed. I figured there must be something wrong with the map because this new editor automatically opens the last map you were working on, so I went to c:/programs/HTC/ah2edit/ahterr and selected a different map's .oba file and tried opening that using the terrain editor but got the same error.

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
Cant Open TE
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2005, 10:04:42 PM »
I moved the map folder to another directory just to see if it would help, the TE works now so I know there was something wrong with the map. I moved the map folder back and opened up the folder to see if any bmps were not the right size but noticed this instead.

It looks like my .oba file somehow changed to a rich text file and I have no idea how this happened. It still says its an OBA file but I dunno, any thoughts on how to fix this?

Offline FalconSS

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Cant Open TE
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2005, 08:03:00 AM »
Hi Raptor, go to control panal then folder options then to file types, here is where you can change many differant type of files, I guess first you need to right click on that oba file and change what it opens w/a.k.a run as, but where I directed you is where this is done, hope this helps <>
Marty McFly

Offline NHawk

• Silver Member
Cant Open TE
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2005, 08:39:03 AM »
I sure hope that's a partial listing of files. Otherwise you're missing some. :)

And what the file shows it opens with isn't relevant. My FLD file show as File Maker Pro files. And I have no problem.
Most of the people you meet in life are like slinkies. Pretty much useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.
-------------------------------
Sometimes I think I have alzheimers. But then I forget about it and it's not a problem anymore.

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
Cant Open TE
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2005, 12:12:25 PM »
yeah thats a partial list, didnt feel the need to post the entire screen. Falcon I got it to work about 10 minutes after I last posted, but ALL objects had been deleted. Atleast my texsrc folder was still there because I think I spent more time making textures than placing objects, I think I can have them all set in an hour or so.

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
Cant Open TE
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2005, 02:02:14 PM »
gah, it did it again! It always happens when I add ships to the map. Can we not use the sr2 (destroyer with no guns) and sr3 (cruiser with no guns) from the Object editor?

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Cant Open TE
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2005, 03:02:58 PM »
Did you make them ships or just structures? They would not work as ships.

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
Cant Open TE
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2005, 06:16:32 PM »
that explains it, thanks