Author Topic: Tumult in the Sky? and Thanks  (Read 456 times)

Offline Syzygyone

• Silver Member
Tumult in the Sky? and Thanks
« on: September 06, 2001, 10:37:00 AM »
This is a note of thanks to the likes of Lephturn, Urchin, and all the others, too many to mention (no snub intended if not mentioned).  As well as thanks to those people who have taken the time to set up web sites where we ace wannabes can go study.  I can't tell you how great I think this community is in this regard.  I can't wait till I get the DSL and get to the MA.  I might even survive for, like, 90 seconds, because of what I have learned from you people.

Also, on a more serious note, for what its worth and a question.
This WWII Flight combat stuff, and all the trouble I and many others have just learning the concepts let alone how to employ them, makes me really really appreciate what our grandfathers and fathers did in the the real thing.  In literally do or die situations, they all (German, British, American, Russian, whatever), stepped up and engaged in these terrible battles.    Wow!
There is a quote from a WWI Geman Ace I think, about being called to the terrible tumult in the sky?  Anybody know what that exact quote is and who said it.  I'd like to get it.

Again, thanks much for your help.  Hopefully, someday I will become a worthy adversary.

:rolleyes: Duh, where'd he go?
   :eek: Oh, there he is on my six!

[ 09-06-2001: Message edited by: Syzygy ]