Author Topic: 205 experts?  (Read 1636 times)

Offline Am0n

• Nickel Member
205 experts?
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2001, 02:27:00 PM »
As i said in my first post
"i am no expert buy any means"  =]

I guess that does make sense though, it would bring all the weight to the center of the plane making it have to use less force to pivit around the center of gravity, thus turning faster.
the word "centrifuge" comes to mind..

Offline batdog

• Silver Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com/
205 experts?
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2001, 05:06:00 PM »
Gatt is the ol'205 ace I think... I'd listen to him and his bro's.  :)

xBAT
Of course, I only see what he posts here and what he does in the MA.  I know virtually nothing about the man.  I think its important for people to realize that we don't really know squat about each other.... definately not enough to use words like "hate".

AKDejaVu

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
205 experts?
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2001, 10:27:00 PM »
gatt,

The G10 is the most difficult....it simply seems able to sustain vertical attacks almost indefinately against the 205.

The G6 is easier but still a very real threat to me....obviously pilot skill is a bigger issue here. I tend to gravitate to an angles mentality...this probably narrows my margin for error and leaves me more open to a vertical counter...The G6 has less potential E than the G10 but still will outclimb the 205 with wep. I think the 205 has tremendous potential at the edge of its envelope...but like all the planes in the game, it requires a lot of time in the saddle to find that fine line.

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline gatt

• Gold Member
205 experts?
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2001, 06:44:00 AM »
Well, AFAIK both the G-2 and the G-6 have a better sustained climb rate than the C.205. But fact is that all the G-2 and G-6 I merge with (lets say in an almost co-E situation, both fast that is) cannot end the maneuver above me. Then they usually cannot outrun, outdive, outclimb or outturn me. Only the G-10 can extend, regain altitude and then come back ... if the G-10 goes for an hammerhead it must do it *very* carefully.

So, the better climb rate cannot do much against the 205 better top speed, (probably) acceleration, E retention and above all better maneuverability at very high speeds.
"And one of the finest aircraft I ever flew was the Macchi C.205. Oh, beautiful. And here you had the perfect combination of italian styling and german engineering .... it really was a delight to fly ... and we did tests on it and were most impressed." - Captain Eric Brown