Author Topic: Respect  (Read 1130 times)

Offline plank

• Nickel Member
Respect
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2005, 10:13:52 PM »
Originally posted by Shane
and to think, i haven't even flown CT for almost 2 months now... :eek:

the more things stay the same, the more they stay the same.

might be time to fly a bit more there and put some wannabees back in their place... :rofl

No worries, I still haven't left my place. I still suck but in my dreams I'm a crime fighting ninja cowboy from Mars Base Alpha fighting against beings from dimension X. So I have that going for me.

Offline Gary26

• Nickel Member
Respect
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2005, 10:15:36 PM »
First off Eagler and Bear. Yes the same thing happens in MA, but there is so much said by so many it is far easier to ignore. The biggest reason i am so bothered by all this is because its like watching your old neighborhhod go to hell or your favorite teenage hangout become a buety salon. When i first started AH ct was all i could fly in cause of a weak cpu. It was a arena of respect. The people that would shoot u down would then help u in getting better. Now all they do is bang there chest and cut u down for trying to extend or running for help. Take Shane for example, as much of an a@$%!$@ as he can be he will take u to the DA whoop ya then teach ya so Shane for being a helpful a@#$%!#. I still will not point fingers, but u know who u are. I just wish it was the old way. When people stayed out of the CT because the pilots were good rather than the amount of trash being thrown around.
IF AH IS NOT A KIDS GAME THAN WHY RUN OFF AT THE MOUTH LIKE A KID. SUCK IT UP, GET BACK IN THE AIR AND TAKE IT OUT ON THE FIRST RED ICON U SEE. AS IT WAS SAID BEFORE IT IS STILL JUST A GAME.:confused:
C.O. VMF-213 Hell Hawks

VMF4

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
Respect
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2005, 11:17:50 PM »
This is also a small microcosm of what society, by and large, is becoming.  Disrespectful.  You can call it "just a game" all you want but remember we are paying for this experience.  There has to be a modicum of respect and maturity or what's the point?  I came here for the immersion of combat flying in WWII in one of the most realistic environments possible.  There is nothing wrong with trash talking and talking smack.  It does *however* get to the point where the smack talk becomes personal and goes to the extreme.  You can rationalize it allyou want; just talking smack, trying to goad someone, etc...but the simple fact remains that respect is left out of the equation.  Without any of that it just boils down to kids on the playground screaming and throwing fits.  Especially when Junior hogs the La-7.
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Denmark I eat a danish for peace." - Diablo

storch

Respect
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2005, 11:24:01 PM »
ah man, I thought this was a thread about mid '60s music.

Offline Squire

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
Respect
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2005, 02:31:43 PM »
Ditto to what Gary26 and DiabloTX said.

I suggested that ch.1 be permanently disabled in the CT for the reasons listed above, but the powers that be felt that was not required. I dont blame the CT staffers for the CT atmosphere, but I disagree with the decision to let ch.1 stay.

Ch.1 is always defended by its supporters as "some usefull tool for new pilots". In actual fact, it is nothing more than an open sewer for all the trash talkers to use, and thats all it will ever be. Those that dont like the no ch.1 in the MA because they cant rant all day go to the CT and call it home. New players can get assistance from the BB, an "open mike" on ch.1 was never needed.

There is no respect in the CT, and precious little goodwill. I know of a few that have left for the same reason, so make of that what you will, but dont ask for new CT players (or squads) and then wonder why they dont stay.

Cya in TOD if it ever shows up.

Take care.
Warloc
Friday Squad Ops CM Team
1841 Squadron Fleet Air Arm
Aces High since Tour 24

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
Respect
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2005, 03:58:38 PM »
I was in the camp of leaving it turned on beliveing its not fair to the players to punishd by the actions of some. I m seriously rethinking that position.

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
Respect
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2005, 05:53:19 PM »
I was originally against turning Ch 1 off, but now that its off in the MA I'd rather have it off that way I dont have to change back and forth when I jump from the CT to the MA.

Offline aztec

• Silver Member
Respect
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2005, 05:41:02 AM »
I agree Gary, !

Offline eilif

• Silver Member
Respect
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2005, 05:59:54 PM »
turn ch1 off.   if ppl want to chat they can tune to that person, i almost always have ch1 squelched, and find it much more enjoyable, as well as imersive, tho i dont want to seem like an arse when someone wants to make some small talk its just not worth it to keep the flood gates open for "keyboard wonders" who take realism away from the game when goading ppl into fighting their way.

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
Respect
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2005, 10:02:44 AM »
Originally posted by Eagler
there are currently several egos in CT that are only eclipsed by their inability in their flying skills to back it up, amazed some can even close their canopy.

some view a low score in CT as a life goal - LOL

shame, it used to not be that way

.squelch/turn off vox (it is usually useless anyway - has ruined the original check 6) - all you can do

Gary

Gee....

I wonder who he could be talking about:lol

Truekill your right....no need to bash the CT in the main BBS...

Looks like even the guuys who still fly it do a fine job here. You want to know the problem in the CT....look in the mirror...

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline Löwe

• Silver Member
      • http://www.geocities.com/duxfordeagles
Respect
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2005, 10:11:25 AM »
Maybe chnl 1 being turned off will cool some of this.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
Respect
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2005, 12:10:37 PM »
Originally posted by Löwe
Maybe chnl 1 being turned off will cool some of this.

ha. ha. ha.

it'll just migrate to ch 200 and/or pvt.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
Respect
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2005, 02:51:32 PM »
it'll just migrate to ch 200 and/or pvt.

Most likely.

Offline Redd

• Silver Member
Respect
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2005, 08:56:23 PM »
Can we get a  command  incorporated like  the .S   one   ?   Save lots of typing  ;)
I come from a land downunder

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
Respect
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2005, 10:11:37 PM »
ROFL Redd!

.STFU redd

Great idea. :)