Author Topic: <S> Vudak  (Read 610 times)

Offline Puff

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.massivestudios.net/ah
<S> Vudak
« on: March 10, 2005, 09:21:42 AM »
A few nights ago Vudak and myself got into a few 1 vs. 1 matches in the MA and it was a white knuckle kind of occassion.  We decided to head to the DA and have some fun.  First things first its always good to learn new tricks and he taught me a few things that I hadn't even thought of before (when I say taught, I mean he blew my bellybutton off then told me how he did it).  After I was up to speed we had 4 or 5 outstanding merges.  Great combat and hard fought battles.  I believe in the end it came out about even on the kill/death ratio.  Just wanted to tip my hat to Vudak, an outstanding pilot and asset to AH.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
<S> Vudak
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2005, 09:24:34 AM »
I'll second that.

had some awesome fights in the past.

I'm sure he was going easy on me ;)
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
<S> Vudak
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2005, 09:32:35 AM »
Guys you're making me blush :o  :)

But Puff, on the flip side, its very refreshing to find someone who's willing  to have their butt shot down a few times just to figure out how to get even!

Looking forward to more great fights, and thanks!

!
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline Goth

• Nickel Member
<S> Vudak
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2005, 10:41:05 AM »
Always considered myself a decent FW pilot up until about a month-month and a half ago. Merged with Vudak, he in a 190a5-8 and myself in a spitV. I was pretty confident, and got the kill, but that man made me work.

He was very aggressive, using the verticle well. It was not extend grab and remerge fight, it was a twisting turning fight from about 15k on down to 5k. One of these days I'm gonna grab you Vudak and drain your brain of FW moves, you have an excellent grasp on those birds.

Offline RedDg

• Silver Member
<S> Vudak
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2005, 11:01:20 AM »
I always enjoy seeing posts like this.

Offline DipStick

• Gold Member
      • http://www.theblueknights.com
<S> Vudak
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2005, 07:32:34 PM »
I've had several great fights with Vudak as well. Always look forward to meeting him in the air. Always tough and never runs -- gets my respect every time.

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
<S> Vudak
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2005, 09:23:33 AM »
Originally posted by Goth
Always considered myself a decent FW pilot up until about a month-month and a half ago. Merged with Vudak, he in a 190a5-8 and myself in a spitV. I was pretty confident, and got the kill, but that man made me work.

He was very aggressive, using the verticle well. It was not extend grab and remerge fight, it was a twisting turning fight from about 15k on down to 5k. One of these days I'm gonna grab you Vudak and drain your brain of FW moves, you have an excellent grasp on those birds.

Thas was a fun fight, wasn't it? :)  It was an A8, btw (I figure if I'm going to be turn-fighting spities I'd better kill them w/ one snap shot if they give me it :D  )

I'm not really sure you could drain my brain for much.  I seem to recall I was working on a little crazy theory I had at the time.  (Most of the time it got me killed, some of the time it didn't, all of the time it made for a fun fight (I'm SURE the spits agreed ;)  ).  That makes it a sound theory in my book.

Basically I'm just trying to merge as hard as possible and set up into a quick scissors type deal.  If everything goes to plan, I have a snap shot by the 2nd scissor.  If everything doesn't, having 10k of alt to work the vert scissors with really helps, at least to prolong the fight.  Nose low turns also help - just to keep maneuvering speed.

Of course, more often then not, this gets you admonished by people and makes you look stupid.  Just the other day I'm in a D11 in the CT fighting a Zero in this fashion.

(After fight 1)
Zero:  "Don't ever, EVER try to turn with a Zero.  You will die EVERY time.

(After fight 2)
Zero:  "This is like shooting fish in a barrel lol"

(After fight 3)
Vudak: "You were saying? ;) "

:) For all I know, that could have been 1/10 by the time we were through, but that 1 is what it's all about :) ...  It's unfortunate that most tend to disagree.

Oh - and Dipstick - always fun fights man! One of the best things about flying Rook or Bish a few hours is knowing I'll be running into you and your squad, S!
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline thrila

• Gold Member
      • The Few Squadron
<S> Vudak
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2005, 10:29:03 AM »
It's nice to see people fly aggressively in a  plane that produces timidity in the majority of it's pilots.  Wtg vudak!:)   Aggression will surprise 90% of pilots into AH, causing them to get caught between 2 minds.
"Willy's gone and made another,
Something like it's elder brother-
Wing tips rounded, spinner's bigger.
Unbraced tailplane ends it's figure.
One-O-nine F is it's name-
F is for futile, not for fame."

Offline Zaphod

• Copper Member
<S> Vudak
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2005, 01:57:13 PM »
If you have a film of it Vudak could you post it please....pretty please?  I learn alot by watching them and I'm a pretty inexperienced in the wulfs.

Thanks,
Zaphod

Offline Misfit

• Nickel Member
<S> Vudak
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2005, 02:32:39 PM »
WTFG VUDAK!!!!!!

Thadda BOY! :D

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
<S> Vudak
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2005, 04:43:17 PM »
Originally posted by Zaphod
If you have a film of it Vudak could you post it please....pretty please?  I learn alot by watching them and I'm a pretty inexperienced in the wulfs.

Thanks,
Zaphod

Zaphod, there are many, MANY wulf pilots much more skilled than I am and you'd undoubtedly be better off watching their films.  That said, I'll *try* to film what I'm talking about to at least get you started...  But, as I stated before it's pretty much a hit or miss, 1/10 thing with me, so it could take awhile :D

If one of the real pros would like to post some aggressive FW flying, I for one would be extremely interested in watching it.  Let's get some FW's fighting :)
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group