Author Topic: FILM - Val Goodness  (Read 693 times)

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
FILM - Val Goodness
« on: March 11, 2005, 02:08:29 AM »
Sometimes you just have to unwind with a nice dweeb flight.  In this film, NathBDP and I wing in D3A Vals to take on the brave and foolhearty Bishops.  Ten kills and one very angry Schmucky later, here's the film.  Enjoy!

Here is the link.  The film is about 4MB zipped up.

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
FILM - Val Goodness
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2005, 02:11:39 AM »
Oh my  :D

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
FILM - Val Goodness
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2005, 03:29:11 AM »
damn VAL dweebs!

get a mans plane!

like the 190! :D
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
FILM - Val Goodness
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2005, 07:01:00 AM »
:D

One for the tabloids.
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline Dipper

• Zinc Member
FILM - Val Goodness
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2005, 07:20:01 AM »
I dont understand how one can even get one kill with those "2x7.7mm Type 97 1000 rpg" bb guns :confused:

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
FILM - Val Goodness
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2005, 08:10:59 AM »
not that hard dipper, just got to concentrate fire for a few seconds in one place.   as shown.

oh....and a have multiple 40mm guns helping you out also ;)
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
FILM - Val Goodness
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2005, 03:43:12 PM »
As always, very impressive Levi!:aok
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline airbumba

• Silver Member
FILM - Val Goodness
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2005, 12:43:23 AM »
...awww  now that's just silly. Cool Levi. What I learned from that was how important it is to hit the wings. I learned more watching that then reading anything, Thanks.

..."hurry back. Cya in a week".

or.."I'm fleeing, at 200 mph." lol.

Now if ya could give me some tips for when I'll be flying the Val with Mechanic in the Coral Sea scenario, and I wanna show him some moves, hehe.....I'll send ya a bribe if u send me the magic moves.

airbumba@yahoo.ca

Thanks, and thanks for the entertainment, .
I used to be a fatalist,
but that part of me died.

Offline Ryusei

• Zinc Member
FILM - Val Goodness
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2005, 04:51:54 AM »
Absolutely nice flying of the Val:aok
I've been flying Val a lot since the last two tours: Scored 100+ kills while being shot down 200+ times.  I believe this plane is a real fun, and excellent for learning ACM, too.  
I will watch this film over and over to improve my gunnery.  

!

Ryusei

Offline steely07

• Silver Member
FILM - Val Goodness
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2005, 09:04:11 PM »
That was a hoot,thanks Leviathan!!
Aces High, Wing Commander, Dickweed Heavy Bomber Group: www.dickweedhbg.com

FSO Films : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFs6CAXBQoVBctljybD65fA?view_as=subscriber

Offline MOSQ

• Silver Member
FILM - Val Goodness
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2005, 11:05:18 AM »
DMF,
Great film. The last two nights I've followed ya'lls lead by flying the Hurricane I, what a hoot! It's not as Zen like as a kill in a Val, but I'm just a mosquito in the presence of the Masters.

One question, what's with all the Tempest kills lately?
"Leviathn landed 22 kills in a Tempest of the Blue Knights" is becoming a regular occurrance.  Did you get tired of La-7s running from your Spit V? Now you have a plane that no one can escape from?

Just curious.

Mosquito

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
FILM - Val Goodness
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2005, 11:14:30 AM »
Thanks for the comments, everyone.  I'm glad you enjoyed the film!

Mosq, the reason you see so many Tempest flights is because I've decided to make this my Tempest Tour 2005 month where all of my fighter sorties have been in Tempests.  The plane is such a beast that you pretty much don't die in it unless you want to die.  The fact that you can run down anything is icing on the cake.

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline MOSQ

• Silver Member
FILM - Val Goodness
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2005, 12:13:17 PM »
DMF,

I'd really like to see a Tempest film of yours. Mostly to compare your previous Spit V flying style with your Tempest style.

I just can't imagine you doing endless BnZ. My guess is your flying that Tempest with ACM unlike 99% of the BnZ Tempest flyers.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
FILM - Val Goodness
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2005, 01:16:06 AM »
forgive me for jumping in but i have witnessed DMF flying the temp a few times and stolen one factor.

it would seem to me that when flying into a storm at 6k, he would appear an easy traget.

BUT, everytime i've seen him low in the temp he is travelling very, VERY fast.

my only conclusion is that he may prep an attack by diving at least a few thousand feet before icon range to give the impession of a low slow tempest, that is infact a bloody fast tempest with the option to engage or climb way above his opponent(s) being present at all times.

could be wrong here but i have found this stolen, assumed technique to be extremely effective and very disconcerting to enemies who think they have you 'out E'd'.

add to this Levi's inhuman ACM skill and you have a plane you want to avoid like the plauge....

batfink