Author Topic: at my wits end.............  (Read 683 times)

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
at my wits end.............
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2005, 10:02:03 AM »
Try using the Omega drivers for the XT card and from within the advanced smartgart options turn OFF the AGP writes only. Leave the AGP reads ON.
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo
2 x 2Gb Corsair 1066 DDR2 memory

Offline buzkill

• Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2005, 10:23:08 AM »
Originally posted by Siaf__csf
Why buzkill? It's a lot more secure and I've had no probs whatsoever in all my 3 computers.

it seemed like a big system hog on my old system, and i really don't worry about making windows secure.....you can't.....the only way you can is by never going online:rolleyes:

Offline Siaf__csf

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2005, 11:14:08 AM »
Heh buzkill users like you are the reason why all the exploits do the damage they do. Every unsecured box is another zombie in the network.

The truth is that if you patch your box in time, windows is safe for 95% of the known attacks. It's unlikely to fall victim to the remaining 5. You commented on SP2 being a resource hog. How come? I can't see a noticeable difference after disabling unnecessary features such as built-in firewall and such.

The worst mistake you can do is to think it's ok to give up if something is hard security wise.

Offline buzkill

• Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2005, 07:37:55 PM »
didnt say my box is unsecure.....just that by the time they "fix" a security hole in windows,hackers (such as angry microsoft employees) have already cracked it. and it takes a pretty foolish person to put alot of faith in it. i didn't give up. just went a different way:p and i said on my old system it was a hog....but so was everything else