Author Topic: how high?  (Read 1217 times)

Offline Fish323

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.bomberbarons.us
how high?
« on: March 19, 2005, 12:56:10 AM »
I may be speaking out of place here, but when a plane is 100 feet off the runway and you shoot him out of the air, how does he get a ditch? Does this mean that some actually believe that a pilot would live through this? If so, why does a player die when he falls off a CV at 1/10th the speed, and into water no less.
   What is the use of shooting a plane down if you dont get credit for shooting it down? It probably wouldn't bother me if it was a rare occurance, but it's ridiculously constsnt and totally unrealistic, not to mention that one of the main objectives of the game is to shoot them down. And to make matters worse bailing out of an untouched airplane will give the closest opponent the kill even if he never saw you, but shooting them down often gets you nothing. Makes sense, ha! I guess that, according to the game, if an allied pilot blew a plane out of the air and it was witnessed and confirmed, he sometimes got no kill credit for it. Are y'all sure about that?
To win a dogfight, allbeit at low speeds, and to get nothing for it is frustrating to say the least.

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
how high?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2005, 12:58:49 AM »
Fishy, he was 100 feet off the runway.  Perhaps you should have waited another 100 feet or so before you vulched him.

:aok

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
how high?
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2005, 01:49:22 AM »
Its not the fall that kills you.
Its the sudden stop.

You fall off a CV and you go straight down and splat

You get clipped while traveling at 200 knots and you might skid accross the ground
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Fish323

• Zinc Member
how high?
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2005, 02:57:01 AM »
Still haven't answered the question, if you blew a plane out of the air in WW2 was it a kill? Yes it was and it should be in here.Oh yeah, skidding across ground may break your fall, but have we forgotten about all of the high octane fuel that was involved? Airplanes typically exploded with that sort of turbulent landing. I have not seen that happen once, not ONCE.

BTW Stang, it happens in stallfights, slow dogfights and yes, vulches. I guess the pilots in WW2 "waited" for the planes to get another 100 ft off the ground for them to be recorded as kills too.

Offline Dipper

• Zinc Member
how high?
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2005, 03:00:00 AM »
The vulch and camp game.

Cant belive it come to this. Vulch whine.

By all means. The vulcher should get the credit for his extra ordinery skill of shooting a plane of the run way !

BTW, what is a troll?

Offline eilif

• Silver Member
how high?
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2005, 03:48:45 AM »
who cares about killing the poor guy, let him ditch, its how many planes you shoot down, not how many pilots you explode. irl if you downed a plane it didnt matter if the pilot lived or not, if a pilot ditches you still get a little victory symbol to put on your plane, and i assume ah scores it that way as well.

Offline Fish323

• Zinc Member
how high?
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2005, 05:00:39 AM »
Like I said dipper it wasn't a vulch, read next time huh, just makes the process move a whole lot faster.

Where is the little victory symbol on my plane? We dont have those in AH2 so we are supposed to be awarded the kill in the text buffer. See how it's supposed to work? No text message, nothing awarded. You assumed wrong.

After my last post I went back to MA and lit a A6M2 up with my Tempest's 20mm's with no apparent damage. On second pass I hit him and he burst into flames. He then did a scisors, a hard turn asd landed sucessfully. So, let me get this straight. A pilot will die from a single bullet wound, but being on fire does not hamper his or his planes ability to land? I guess the thousands of airmen that were burned beyond recognition were the exceptions to the rule? Most burning planes just maneuvered away and RTB'd for a hot cup of coffee. I guess I'm the only one who has noticed that most zero's burst into flames when hit but loose no performance, visability or maneuverability. It's one of the few constants in AH.

I filmed the A6M fight and landing (he scrambled to takeoff in film but lifted off at 174mph and went vertical with my 300mph Tempest ROFL) and will post it at my website. What compression should I use in the AH2 film viewer?

Offline SunTracker

• Silver Member
how high?
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2005, 05:39:25 AM »
George is getting angry!

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
how high?
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2005, 05:53:01 AM »
to be honest i prefer the realism this provides.

nothing more gamey than death death death in every situation.

If the pilot is too scared to let you decide his fate and he hits the tower then you still have a victory in my mind.

Its the guys that sit there and give you the option to hose them that i leave to .ef at will.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Balsy

• Nickel Member
how high?
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2005, 06:34:16 AM »
Fishy,

Go home and tell your wife, or girfriend that you got the kill,  I promise I wont call her and tell her any different.

Is your AH stats tied to your bank account balance or something?

LOL

Lighten up.

Offline Dipper

• Zinc Member
how high?
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2005, 06:51:02 AM »
Sure sure 100 feet of runway is where the dog fight is suppoce to be. That does not sound like vuclhing at all.

My fault, sorry.

Offline killnu

• Gold Member
how high?
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2005, 07:45:42 AM »
happens in low alt fights no where near airfield as well, hope that helps.  ive taken wings off nikis very low, had him land in a tree top safely for a ditch.  he couldnt believe it either.  was on top of the tree, was crazy to see.
Karma, it follows you every where you go...

++The Blue Knights++

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
how high?
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2005, 07:58:34 AM »
:D  Aint this a peach?
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
how high?
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2005, 08:40:01 AM »
Fish,
if this is any consolation..

Last week i spotted a low 262 and dived on him with my d40.  I ended up about 200 yards behind him at 50 feet over the water, nearly 500mph...  I blew both of his wings off and he dropped down to the water... slid to a stop and got the ditch with nothing left but his cockpit.

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
how high?
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2005, 09:02:19 AM »
It's the ditch model. Big freakin deal!

Jeez, why is it people are so bent about score?

Do you measure your manhood by a GAME?

Do you measure your place in life by a GAME?

Complain about something else that really matters.

There are any number of other issues with this game that are
a lot bigger problem than the ditch model and kill scoring.

I hope if I get obsessed with score in this game I have enough sense to delete my account and delete the game from my computer and get a life. It must be a really miserable existance to worry about every kill and every death. I'm as competitive about games and sports as most anyone, I love to win, and I hate to lose, but I count a lot of things to be far more important than "scoring glitches".
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe