Author Topic: Open CT to H2H crowd  (Read 498 times)

Offline x0847Marine

• Silver Member
Open CT to H2H crowd
« on: March 21, 2005, 04:32:47 PM »
I have suggested to HT that they open the CT for $5, or other reduced reasonible price to meet or exceed costs, to the H2H'ers... or perhaps make it a 'cheaper' alternative after the free 2 weeks is over.

Full access: usual price
CT only: $5

To start, perhaps offer the H2H'ers 2 free weeks of CT time.. or some other promotion.

Seems perfect to me, the CT would offer limited planes and a 'taste' of what the MA is like... best of all the MA / H2H'ers would get to converse / interact, nobody sells the game better than hardcore MA'ers.

Of course HT would need to cover thier costs and not lose money on the deal, and adjust the price accordengly.. $5 is just a suggestion.

Offline frank3

• Plutonium Member
Open CT to H2H crowd
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2005, 04:56:30 PM »
Like I said in your other post, the h2h'ers already know what it is, and would be DIEING to join the MA or CT, but 9 out of 10 just don't have the money for it (including me)

I host my own 'MA-missions' with externals off, icons off, fuelburn 1.5 and furthermore default settings.
(and ofcourse realistic mission-setting - axis vs allied)

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
Open CT to H2H crowd
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2005, 05:13:24 PM »
What if the CT was free?

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Open CT to H2H crowd
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2005, 05:23:20 PM »
Originally posted by GRUNHERZ
What if the CT was free?

it would be minus one paying customer
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline plank

• Nickel Member
Open CT to H2H crowd
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2005, 05:24:33 PM »
Yeah, if it were free, they'd lose my account as well. No need to pay for the MA brothel that it is.

Offline gear

• Silver Member
Open CT to H2H crowd
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2005, 05:36:06 PM »
yep me too

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Open CT to H2H crowd
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2005, 09:00:37 PM »
if it were free, it would be worse than MA - a giant H2H with limited planeset and every 12 year old tart on the planet - no thanks
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline eilif

• Silver Member
Open CT to H2H crowd
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2005, 12:25:36 AM »
i would pay the 5 dollars if the special events arena was included, squad ops are the greatest thing about ah to me.  

having  a smaller cost for each server sounds pretty cool, i would probably just pay for ct and tod but i doubt this would go over well with the htcs accountants, and would make it hard to advertise the game, just the graphic design work of trying to explain the  "special offer" where it would only be an insiders thing, ppl who were just getting into the game would be like oh cool there is a 5 dollar version, hhm ill go with that cause its cheaper, wait a minute....  whats ct?

this may just make more tension between the players.

if it becomes a standard thing of chopping up htcs clients into sub catagories the community would litteraly split the company in pieces ,  ct may become the property of slash at that point.  

there would be the hardcore  ct'rs fighting the ma' rs.  ct cant compete player wise with ma's popularity, but once tod comes in those players would most likely side with ct,  it would be complete madness, which its going to be even withought the split prices.

who knows , there is a reason i dont work in marketing thats for sure!

storch

Open CT to H2H crowd
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2005, 12:48:34 AM »
is $14.95 a serious issue?  that's $.4915 cents a day.  you could find that in your friend's couch people.  this must be a clever troll.

Offline eilif

• Silver Member
Open CT to H2H crowd
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2005, 12:51:29 AM »
when ah is just one of the mogs you pay for it can add up.

Offline TexMurphy

• Silver Member
Open CT to H2H crowd
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2005, 08:07:12 AM »
Good and bad.

While this would increase the numbers in CT it could also change the gameplay in the CT.

Increased numbers IS a good thing. It would most likely lead to more MA subscribers playing CT. I know I would play CT more if it had higher numbers, with higher numbers I really enjoy CT but since I play EU times it doesnt happen. So yeah I would play more CT.

But. With increased numbers we would see more "2 week dweeb" kind of play. Alot more "skilless" pilots would be in the arena and the risk is that it would turn into an even bigger HO and vulch fest then the MA.

Tex

Offline Redd

• Silver Member
Open CT to H2H crowd
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2005, 12:05:56 AM »
Originally posted by Eagler
if it were free, it would be worse than MA - a giant H2H with limited planeset and every 12 year old tart on the planet - no thanks

or every 50 year old man , pretending to be a 12 year old tart
I come from a land downunder

Offline TrueKill

• Silver Member
Open CT to H2H crowd
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2005, 02:49:23 AM »
Originally posted by Redd
or every 50 year old man , pretending to be a 12 year old tart

:rofl :rofl :rofl