Author Topic: Here it is! assaultweaponswatch  (Read 2442 times)

Offline rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
Here it is! assaultweaponswatch
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2005, 09:25:03 PM »
and they don't fire full automatic.

So you are saying the us should outright ban full auto's?

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2005, 09:51:56 PM »
God forbid they have a folding stock.

Lot of drive by bayonetting must have been going so, so we can understand why they banned the bayonet lug.

Flash suppressors were banned, and that only makes sense, since many of the mass killings must have been at night and we want the flash to interfere with the night vision of the shooter.

So, a rifle like the AR15 had to have the flash suppressor removed, the same with the bayonet lug.  The weapon did not become more or less lethal.  But, some do-gooders who don't really have a clue decided these items had to go.  

Now, the ban has expired and the manufacturers can once again install the components that were irrelevant except for appearance.  The lefties tremble at the thought of a scarey looking weapon being back in the hands of the owners, being used at ranges and service rifle competitions.

Reality is that "assault weapons" are legal.  Full auto weapons are not outlawed despite the common misconception that they are.  They are registered, and the purchaser has to pass a background check and pay a federal fee ($200 last time I checked) in the form of buying a stamp for a class 3 weapon, but they can be purchased, owned and fired.

And, I have seen that websight before, it is really funny.

dago
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2005, 09:57:56 PM »
Whats so special about assault rifles? If you want home protection, just use a hunting rifle, shotgun, or a handgun. Fully automatic weapons are just going to get you, your family, or innocent bystanders killed. The only countries I know of that commonly allow fully automatic weapons are African hell-holes, where the life expectancy is about 36 years old.

Theres a mentally ill and partially autistic guy I work with whos a big gun enthusiast. He goes to machine gun shoot-outs and wears fatigues to work every day. Hes a ticking time bomb. And I am pretty sure he has several guns. Laws need to be in place to protect innocent people from guys like this.

And the true feelings come out.

I trust a 5 year old with a gun who has taken a safety class more then I will ever trust a communist hippie who was handed a gun.
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline SunTracker

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2005, 10:01:33 PM »
Some assault rifles are easily modified to be fully automatic.  Look here, a common cheap rifle from Walmarts, the mini-14 .  Now here is a website that sells a book on how to make it fully automatic.  

Nutjobs can easily have something more potent than a semi-automatic assault rifle just by modifying a gun to be fully automatic.

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2005, 10:06:58 PM »
Originally posted by Dago
God forbid they have a folding stock.

They can be quite dangerous.  I pinched my finger in one and got a blood blister.  I am thinking of getting in touch with a lawyer and get a class action suit going.
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2005, 10:07:41 PM »
Originally posted by SunTracker
Some assault rifles are easily modified to be fully automatic.  Look here, a common cheap rifle from Walmarts, the mini-14 .  Now here is a website that sells a book on how to make it fully automatic.  

Nutjobs can easily have something more potent than a semi-automatic assault rifle just by modifying a gun to be fully automatic.

Would you care to point out exactly how many numbers of semi-autos have been converted to machine guns and used in crimes?  

I think you will find the number surprisingly low.  

And since that very act  is quite illegal, why would you think another law or two would change anything or prevent it in the future?
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2005, 10:09:10 PM »
Originally posted by Holden McGroin
They can be quite dangerous.  I pinched my finger in one and got a blood blister.  I am thinking of getting in touch with a lawyer and get a class action suit going.

:aok

Please avoid McDonalds coffee.

I own an "assault rifle".  More people have died as a result of Ted Kennedy owning a car than of me owning an "assault rifle".  

dago

Offline vorticon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2005, 10:11:44 PM »
"Whats so special about assault rifles? If you want home protection, just use a hunting rifle, shotgun, or a handgun"

yeah, dern things just arnt that good in close quarters personal protection anyway, your much better off with a submachine gun...

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2005, 10:16:18 PM »
Originally posted by vorticon
"Whats so special about assault rifles? If you want home protection, just use a hunting rifle, shotgun, or a handgun"

yeah, dern things just arnt that good in close quarters personal protection anyway, your much better off with a submachine gun...

True True.  Spray and Pray.  Scare 'em right out the door.

My choice if I felt the need for a home self-defense weapon would be my .45 with Glazer Safety Slugs.

Easier to move around with, to enter a room with and not have it taken control of. The safety slugs would help prevent shooting through walls and hit a family member.

In my house, I dont feel the need to keep a loaded weapon around, or even quickly available.  I am lucky about that.

dago

Offline SunTracker

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2005, 10:46:40 PM »
Would you care to point out exactly how many numbers of semi-autos have been converted to machine guns and used in crimes?

Heres one.  My mother works for EMS.  Several years ago she was called in on a shooting of a young black man.  He had been shot by an AK-47.  This happened in Louisville Kentucky.

The purpose of fully automatic weapondry in the military is to suppress the enemy.  This means killing people.  What purpose would an automatic weapon serve the civilian population?

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2005, 10:53:31 PM »
Heres one.  My mother works for EMS.  Several years ago she was called in on a shooting of a young black man.  He had been shot by an AK-47.  This happened in Louisville Kentucky.

The purpose of fully automatic weapondry in the military is to suppress the enemy.  This means killing people.  What purpose would an automatic weapon serve the civilian population?

Suppressing the enemy doesnt mean killing them in its entirty.  Suppressing fire is meant as a distraction as well.  When ALOT of rounds are coming down range one tends to keep his head down.  That means he's no longer shooting his rifle.

Automatic weapons are usually inaccurate unless properly trained.  The biggest problem with them in crime is the fact that alot of innocents get killed while commiting them.

However, I would bet that if you did some research not many that were used for crimes were baught legally.  The people that possess them and use them for crimes never had a backround check....never had a waiting period....never had to get a special
liscense.

PS not all AKs are fully auto either.

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2005, 10:56:56 PM »
Originally posted by Gunslinger

PS not all AKs are fully auto either.

I was going to point that out myself.

The overwhelming majority of the AK47s in this country are semi-auto only.

Here is another fact:  Not all firearms that are called AK47s are actually AK47s.  Its a common practice by those who don't know anything about weapons to call any mean looking weapon an AK47.  

Just like all corporate jets are called "Lear Jets".

dago

Offline SunTracker

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2005, 11:26:36 PM »
Actually, an AK-47 is fully automatic.  The name AK stands for Automatic Kalashnakov.  

How many crimes are there where the weapon is actually recovered?  If the suspect remains at large, then it is hard to tell.

So far laws have done a good job at keeping automatic weapons at bay.  Take a look at prohibition to see what happens when automatic weapons fall into the wrong hands.

Suppressing the enemy doesnt mean killing them in its entirty. Suppressing fire is meant as a distraction as well. When ALOT of rounds are coming down range one tends to keep his head down. That means he's no longer shooting his rifle.

Why would a civilian need this ability?  Also, while we are on the subject of tactics, when one unit is suppressing the enemy, another is supposed to move around and kill them.

Offline wombatt

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2005, 11:38:50 PM »
My post was more for the ban of fully automatic rifles.  I have seen pictures describing the difference between assault rifles and regular rifles.  Assault rifles have a bayonet lug, a muzzle flash suppressor, etc etc.

My post was more for the ban of fully automatic rifles

LOL please do some more reading .
A fully automatic has never been on the assault weapons ban!
You must have a federal lic to own a fully auto weapon.

And as far as a rifle without as to one with a bayonet lug and muzzle flash LOL.

I would bet the one with those features is no more deadly than the ones without them .

OH My GOD Martha that gun has a bayonet lug I bet its more deadly than that one without it LOL.

Heres one. My mother works for EMS. Several years ago she was called in on a shooting of a young black man. He had been shot by an AK-47. This happened in Louisville Kentucky.

LOL and Bobby Kennedy was killed with a 22cal pistol so whats the point here?

Look you wanna know what the most deadly weapon at close range is?

You guessed it the good old 12GA shot gun.

And for long distance ? try your dear old dads hunting rifle.

And you know they are eyeballing Tactical rifles now for there ban happy crusade.

You know the ones they used to call sniper rifles before some azzhats started shooting folks from the trunk of there car.

Yep the new PC name is now tactical rifles LOL.

So think about it if you wanna kill someone and go undetected you would use a high powered rifle.

But as we see time and again the crazy people who are killing
people are not to worried about getting away as when they are done they eat a bullet themselves.

So a very safe assumption is that a kook with any kind of weapon
can kill some one.

Last case in point the 9-11 high jackers used box cutters for God's sake and they managed to kill thousands.

I propose a ban on the sales of box cutters:rolleyes:

Offline Sox62

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2005, 12:20:19 AM »

Wow.

Fully automatic you say?

Betcha you have to obtain certain parts to do the conversion,which you CAN'T legally obtain.

Don't believe me?

Go to a big gunshow,wander around and start asking about "semi-auto conversion kits or parts" for your Mini-14.

Better hope there aren't any ATF working the show when you do.