Author Topic: Black Hawk Down Game  (Read 615 times)

Offline Halo

• Gold Member
Black Hawk Down Game
« on: March 28, 2005, 04:34:51 PM »
Any of you playing Black Hawk Down?  Some friends are really into it, including on line, but I haven't seen much about it on the Aces High forums.  

Any opinions on it?  Any other similar games you recommend instead of it?  I'm doing a little America's Army and Far Cry but no other first person shooters at the moment.
Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. (Seneca, 1st century AD, et al)
Practice random acts of kindness and senseless beauty. (Anne Herbert, 1982, Sausalito, CA)
Paramedic to Perkaholics Anonymous

Offline tapakeg

• Nickel Member
Black Hawk Down Game
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2005, 05:36:03 PM »
First person shooter?  

Half Life 2,  run don't walk
You know that your landing gear is up and locked when it takes full power to taxi to the terminal

Offline Raider179

• Gold Member
Black Hawk Down Game
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2005, 05:40:26 PM »
dont forget Joint Operation Typhoon Rising!

Offline Ripper29

• Nickel Member
Black Hawk Down Game
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2005, 06:22:56 PM »
Originally posted by Raider179
dont forget Joint Operation Typhoon Rising!

Or Escalation................... ..:D

Offline Dux

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
Black Hawk Down Game
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2005, 08:44:00 AM »
Halo, any of the last few Novalogic games are pretty good... BHD, BHD:TS, JO, JO:E.

There were several of us in here that met up in Joint Operations for a while. Lots of fun.
Rogue Squadron, CO
5th AF, FSO Squadron, Member

We all have a blind date with Destiny... and it looks like she's ordered the lobster.

Offline TheDudeDVant

• Gold Member
Black Hawk Down Game
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2005, 12:54:30 PM »
BHD is a good game.. I played it forawhile.. Least until JO came around.. JO is just a better game though..  For certain JO is abit harder, but a better game..

If you decide to check it out, look me up and I will give all the pointers you need..

http://www.armyofmuppets.com

I play as Treefrog-AOM- in JO..

We are growing in JO and have about 18 members playing JO...  Many more playing BHD and LW..  We are also beginning to compete in scrims and matches..

That invitation goes to anyone that might be interested.. I ran into JDW one night playing.. Cant remember what his JO name was though.. hehe

kappa

Offline EagleEyes

• Silver Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/bassim
Black Hawk Down Game
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2005, 01:16:11 PM »
I LOVED blackhawk down, mostly for the online play. But a couple of months a go, i had to put my computer "back in time", due to software problems.  But when i did that, Blackhawk down was unistalled and because i had just moved the day before, i had lost the intallation code, so now i can't install BHD!:( :(   But im keeping my fingers crossed in hopes that someday i will find them and beable to get back to my snipping!!:aok  

Egle31st
Joedog31

GL IV./JG4 for Red Storm Krupp Steel
***The Flying Circus*** MA
334th FS "The Eagles" - FSO

Offline Estes

• Gold Member
Black Hawk Down Game
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2005, 01:23:56 PM »
Originally posted by TheDudeDVant
BHD is a good game.. I played it forawhile.. Least until JO came around.. JO is just a better game though..  For certain JO is abit harder, but a better game..

If you decide to check it out, look me up and I will give all the pointers you need..

We are growing in JO and have about 18 members playing JO...  Many more playing BHD and LW..  We are also beginning to compete in scrims and matches..

That invitation goes to anyone that might be interested.. I ran into JDW one night playing.. Cant remember what his JO name was though.. hehe

kappa

It was me and JDW. :) We were the GoldMembers. :)

Offline TheDudeDVant

• Gold Member
Black Hawk Down Game
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2005, 01:34:36 PM »
Originally posted by Estes
It was me and JDW. :) We were the GoldMembers. :)

lol right on.. its all coming back to me now!    hehe   If you guys are still playing come check us out m8.. 8)

Offline Cobra412

• Silver Member
Black Hawk Down Game
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2005, 02:06:59 PM »
I saw an Aces High server in JO the other day when I was on.  Not sure if it's someone from here who was hosting it but the server was locked.

Halo I've been playing the Delta Force series since they came out.  BHD was a pretty decent change to the old series but it had a ways to go I think in some areas.  What's nice with JO is you can actually fly or drive a ton of vehicles.  The new Escalation pack adds even more vehicles to fly or drive.  I have yet to figure out how to get my CH setup to work with the aircraft though.  I flew a few heli sims in the past and got pretty good.  Without being able to map my setup it makes it extremely difficult to fly their rigs.

Overall though I'd say get Joint Operations and the Escalation pack. If you want BHD just to play with your friends then it's a pretty good game.  Not sure how bad the cheats have gotten in it though.  Their were a ton of cheats and they pretty much ruined the game.  There is some sites out there that have custom progams that can assist you and your friends if you plan on hosting. It gives you map cycling abilities, quick entry without having to go into BHD to search through servers and banning abilities.  It also gives you the option to save certain servers that you like so you don't have to weed through a thousand servers to find the one you want.  You can just open the program see if the servers up and join from outside the game.

Offline Raider179

• Gold Member
Black Hawk Down Game
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2005, 02:12:31 PM »
Originally posted by TheDudeDVant

kappa

What servers do you play on?

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
Black Hawk Down Game
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2005, 02:27:12 PM »
I play JO E:,  a fine FPS
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
Black Hawk Down Game
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2005, 04:38:28 PM »
Red Orchestra - the best bar none. Haven't played a game like it and in the new version, we're about to see the MG-42 created realistically for the first time (1200 rpm has never been properly created in an FPS).
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
Black Hawk Down Game
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2005, 05:59:05 PM »
Ive really enjoyed Joint Ops.  As Ive said before, its one of the very very few games I've paid $39 for, plus $29 later for Escalation, that i've really played the heck out of

Ask Estes...I think he, myself, Abunabi, Log and others really loved played that game everything for 4-5 hours!  It wasnt unusual to start a game at 10pm and end when the sun was coming up!

Offline Sox62

• Silver Member
Black Hawk Down Game
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2005, 08:47:27 PM »
I've played the Delta series since Landwarrior.

I really liked JO at first,but quit playing when they nerfed the sniper class to placate the whiners.