Author Topic: How do I play?  (Read 1014 times)

Offline Little Mecky

• Zinc Member
How do I play?
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2005, 07:07:52 PM »
I've asked around the Training Arena for some help learning how to fight (in an airplane) many times now, but no one's answering me. Can I contact a trainer? Anyone here willing to help me practice?

Offline daMIG

• Copper Member
refer backto BLUEmako
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2005, 09:08:55 PM »
Originally posted by Blue Mako
BLUEmako's guide to gameplay:

1) Thingy's with red icons are bad thingies.  Making them blow up will result in the respect and admiration of your peers.  Do not let them blow you up.

2) Thingy's with green icons are good.  Do not shoot them or you will be punished.

Here endeth the lesson.

sweet, to the point, and really, other than melting crayons on the lightbulb while you are waiting in a GOON for someone to flatten the little red building in the TOWN, best use of free time.

Salute and Welcome :eek:

Offline daMIG

• Copper Member
Hiyas new to TA
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2005, 09:17:40 PM »
Originally posted by Little Mecky
I've asked around the Training Arena for some help learning how to fight (in an airplane) many times now, but no one's answering me. Can I contact a trainer? Anyone here willing to help me practice?

the TA usually has many seasoned trainers around. I bet you happened to catch them vultching miggy, having fun.

Absolutrly, There are many others far more talented to help train you than I. I would be happy to meet you there and get you started. :)

When is the best time for you? I am in CST. Please drop me an email and we can set up a time.  (how bout friday 3/24/05 at 7 or 8 or 9am cst? )   frank77433@yahoo.com

NICE sig line VWE!! Wooo Hooo

Laters

Offline DamnedRen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
How do I play?
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2005, 08:13:07 AM »
Originally posted by Little Mecky

Well, Ya got one now. I just got back from Washington and are my arms tired.:D

Welcome to AH2.

Lets get together and get you all set up.
Be prepared to tell me if you have a stick and what stick. An hour or so will get you up and flying and give you a flavor of the game.

Email me at ren@hitechcreations.com and let's get going.:)

Offline Blue Mako

• Silver Member
      • http://www.brauncomustangs.org/BLUEmako.htm
How do I play?
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2005, 05:53:53 PM »
Originally posted by VWE
Dang, copy my sig line but don't give me the credit... sheesh

Sorry VWE but I'd never seen your sig on here.  I copied it from someone on another board.  If it bothers you here, post again and I'll change it.  :)

Offline Grizzly

• Nickel Member
How do I play?
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2005, 01:17:05 PM »
All good stuff here, just want to add a few words.

Aces High is not a game... it's a place to meet with other players to play games. There is a basic goal, for three teams to capture each other's bases. But there are almost an unlimited number of games happening inside the main game. Players get together and do what they enjoy best. The main feature of the game is personal interaction... working together with other players.

You can spend hours defending a single base, or attacking another base. You can participate in large missions and capture many bases. You can work with planes, guns, ships, or ground vehicles. You can dogfight, tank fight, be an ainti aircraft gunner, attack bases with tanks, bomb with dive bombers, or drop large salvos of bombs from  huge bombers.

Fighting other planes is the most demanding thing to do. Great skill is required and the are many highly skilled players to fight. Learning will seem slow and the more you learn, the more you will realize you have yet to learn. You will be killed mercilessly and often, the frustration level is horrific, but this makes the occasional kill all the sweeter.

Used properly, Aces High is not a game but a life style and social structure. You don't play Aces High, you emmerse yourself in it. Your life may never be the same.

I hope you enjoy it greatly.

Offline DamnedRen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
How do I play?
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2005, 06:42:17 PM »
Originally posted by Grizzly
Aces High is not a game... it's a place to meet with other players to play games. There is a basic goal, for three teams to capture each other's bases. But there are almost an unlimited number of games happening inside the main game. Players get together and do what they enjoy best. The main feature of the game is personal interaction... working together with other players.

Used properly, Aces High is not a game but a life style and social structure. You don't play Aces High, you emmerse yourself in it. Your life may never be the same.

HiTech....errr...I mean Grizzly. :D Nice writeup! Immerse is about right. Mention the squads, HiTe...errr Griiz and you just about got it.:)

The immersion factor is also a cause of frustration to many players here so never forget it IS a game and you can have lotsa of fun years here. Also, if you begin wearing world war 2 tank commander outfits in public we all gonna start worrying about just how immersed you've become. :rofl

Ren

Offline daMIG

• Copper Member
Grizz and Ren
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2005, 09:32:01 PM »
:D  
"Grizzly wrote and Ren quoted: Players get together and do what they enjoy best. The main feature of the game is personal interaction... working together with other players.

Ren wrote and I quoted" HiTech....errr...I mean Grizzly.  Nice writeup! Immerse is about right. Mention the squads, HiTe...errr Grizz and you just about got it. ""  
:eek:   :aok

Yes, absolutely, yeppers, yessir, righton, it sure aint nintendo. (have you seen the photos of the guys in the gv coveralls at the grocery store getting "supplies"(beer and cheetoes), or the guy in the basement with a "Climbinto Flight Cockpit" mockup - setup.) (they MUST not be married)?
I sat in a meeting this morning, and halfway through a powerpoint presentation I had my pen in my hand like a joystick, rudder pedals under my feet, and trim, flaps and throttle as I tried to pull a vert with Ren, trying to think 3D. **CHECK 6 **    Yep, I got it bad.  Vrrrrrrooommmmmmm.
and hats off to REN and the hours you guys have helped me become a better student of this "Emmersion Experiance".

Offline DamnedRen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: Grizz and Ren
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2005, 07:52:39 AM »
Originally posted by daMIG
I sat in a meeting this morning, and halfway through a powerpoint presentation I had my pen in my hand like a joystick, rudder pedals under my feet, and trim, flaps and throttle as I tried to pull a vert with Ren, trying to think 3D. **CHECK 6 **    Yep, I got it bad.  Vrrrrrrooommmmmmm.

So what yer saying is you've got us all beat because you have found a way to stay awake during a powerpoint presentation! I salute you, sir! :)

Ren

Offline Grizzly

• Nickel Member
How do I play?
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2005, 02:05:57 PM »
Originally posted by DamnedRen
HiTech....errr...I mean Grizzly.  Nice writeup! Immerse is about right. Mention the squads, HiTe...errr Griiz and you just about got it.

Iz my speeling that bad?

HiT.... errrr

Offline DaddyAck

• Silver Member
How do I play?
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2005, 02:08:32 PM »
I personally enjoy this game, It relaxes me.  To stay on the topic though, the one thing you need to learn is gunnery.  You can fly like the dickens but without gunnery skills it is esentially useless.  I know because I have gotten allright at evasive and agresive manuvering, but I lack sufficient gunnerey to capatalize on it.  If you ever want to practive in the training arena let me know. We can spar with each other.  :aok