Author Topic: Black Hawk Down Game  (Read 614 times)

Offline wombatt

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Black Hawk Down Game
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2005, 08:58:59 PM »
Originally posted by Sox62
I've played the Delta series since Landwarrior.

I really liked JO at first,but quit playing when they nerfed the sniper class to placate the whiners.

Amen to that.
But I came across a mod to give you back scope zoom LOL.

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
Black Hawk Down Game
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2005, 09:08:29 PM »
JO snipers= Ghey

I played sniper a bit at first... .was easy, boring, and often of little help to your team.  Zoom or no zoom, any player w/ more than a weeks experience can make himself an extremely difficult target for snipers.

Are there a lot of scopes on the market now that can change between 2X and 20X magnification, on the fly, stay in focus, and on target?
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Halo

• Gold Member
Black Hawk Down Game
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2005, 10:13:51 PM »
Thanks, guys, those are good endorsements.  I'm a little slow to get into the first person shooter mode.  I think I'm mostly reluctant to assimilate all the movement and weapon chases.  

Combat flight sims almost seem easy by comparison, but that's probably because I've been doing them so long.
Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. (Seneca, 1st century AD, et al)
Practice random acts of kindness and senseless beauty. (Anne Herbert, 1982, Sausalito, CA)
Paramedic to Perkaholics Anonymous

Offline Estes

• Gold Member
Black Hawk Down Game
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2005, 12:03:50 AM »
Originally posted by LePaul
Ive really enjoyed Joint Ops.  As Ive said before, its one of the very very few games I've paid $39 for, plus $29 later for Escalation, that i've really played the heck out of

Ask Estes...I think he, myself, Abunabi, Log and others really loved played that game everything for 4-5 hours!  It wasnt unusual to start a game at 10pm and end when the sun was coming up!

By the way Paul, Since Larry is finnaly working. I can start up a game some night if you and Abu wanna play some.

Offline Raider179

• Gold Member
Black Hawk Down Game
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2005, 01:46:11 AM »
Sniping is still easy as hell is JO. So is avoiding a sniper. Personally  I like presenting myself as a target then getting a vector on a sniper. Then I go sneak up throw a flash, talk some trash and knife the lamer. A good sniper takes his shot and moves. A noob stays in the same position. Variable zoom has no factor if you are good.

Offline TheDudeDVant

• Gold Member
Black Hawk Down Game
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2005, 08:22:38 AM »
Originally posted by Raider179
What servers do you play on?

Usually on the NA server.. Seems my group really enjoys playing TDM. We play in ParadiseGreen 2 most of the time.. But we do shuffle abit.. I'm tryin to get more of us involved in AAS.. A much better game and we have played TDM for too long.. hehe

It is fun though with a group that can coordinate.. lol  We played a map the other night and had the entire badguy team pinned in their spawn.. lmao It was a TDM server. Was like 6-8 muppets on and out team won the map something like 640 to 120.. hehe  I myself went 136-6..   omg it was mad.. I will post the SS later of that map.. hehe

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
Black Hawk Down Game
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2005, 11:17:23 AM »
Kappa, I think I've seem Treefrog a time or two.  Probably in Domino Theory 2(Paradise Green is always timed out for me).  A good AAS server is the white Knights server.  It has FF on, no tracers.  The white knights are average players( a couple of good ones) but tend to all play on the same team and use the other team as shills when there are few good non WK's online.  They're a good bunch of guys though.

If you ever want to go in their server and slap them around let me know, I'd love to tag along.

136-6.  Lol dude.  My best, AFAIK, is 55-3.   Non sniper of course, sniper scores don't count.

Offline TheDudeDVant

• Gold Member
Black Hawk Down Game
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2005, 12:47:01 PM »
What server is that on Steve?? Is that the NA server?? That sounds good! Would love to join you in there so I will try to look it up!  We have a teamspeak server too we use. I could give you the info if you are interested..  What name do you go by in JO? I have noticed a Steve playing from time to time and have wondered.. hehe Think I tryed typing one night and asked if it was you but don't remember a reply..  

I like no tracers but I dont care much for FF .. lol  Its hard to kill the knifers w/out killing your friendly and I always seem to jump infront of friendly fire.. hehe

Anyhow would be great to hook up with you! My MSN is TreefrogAOM@hotmail.com.  Or you could drop a note at our site http://www.armyofmuppets.com (site is being updated atm but should still work).  I run with a really good group of peps from all over the world actually.. lol  We have done an outstanding job at recruiting.. hehe  I think if you ran with us you would really enjoy yourself and I'm certain I could get us a few more to invade the white knights server with..

I'll post that SS this afternoon.. Its funny actually.. But we used nade trucks so it really doesn't count either.. hehe

Offline Estes

• Gold Member
Black Hawk Down Game
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2005, 01:32:51 PM »
Dude, I added you to my MSN buddy list.

I'm interested in playing with you guys.

I'll drop you a message next time you come online.

Offline TheDudeDVant

• Gold Member
Black Hawk Down Game
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2005, 01:34:10 PM »
Righton man.. I was just on but seems MSN is feked atm... Will keep tryin to login.. 8)

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
Black Hawk Down Game
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2005, 02:10:24 PM »
Kappa, the WK server is a NA server.  I believe it is simply called : White Knights.  My in game name is FishinBum although recently I changed my name to  Can O Spam.  I'll stop by your site.  I'd love to run w/ you guys, just don't expect 136-6 numbers from me!  lol

Offline TheDudeDVant

• Gold Member
Black Hawk Down Game
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2005, 02:33:13 PM »
lol Righton man..  That was just a chance happening.. I do good to stay positive with my ratio.. lol

I will keep an eye for you.. Also you can always do a search too using the 'player' tab and filter.. I'll look for their server though next time I login.. 8)

Offline TheDudeDVant

• Gold Member
Black Hawk Down Game
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2005, 04:14:14 PM »
Fun! hehe

Steve, I will have to install Esc this afternoon to play on the WK server..I did not have it installed last night... hehe  Should be fun though!
« Last Edit: March 31, 2005, 07:28:29 AM by TheDudeDVant »