Author Topic: Hi my name is Barbara  (Read 7097 times)

Offline AuntBee

• Zinc Member
Hi my name is Barbara
« on: March 30, 2005, 01:22:49 PM »
I am a new member of Aces High, I am a Woman,a female, not a man. This is not a fake ID or another member trying to hide !!!!

I am tired of being ridiculed in the Main Arena, the Dueling Arena and the Training Arena and would like it to stop.

I was born in 1924, that makes me 81 years old !!!! I am sorry that you dont believe me, that is your problem, please stop making it my problem.

It is not my fault I was born in 1924, thats when my parents had me, anymore then it is your fault that most of you are children compared to me. You cant help that either.

I chose my name because that's what my Nephew calls me, it has nothing to do with Andy Grifith, Oppie or any of that rubbish and I have had enough of the jokes.

I have not yet decided if I will pay for this game or not but so far my reception by current members has been less then satisfactory!!! I have been sworn at, called vile and filthy names, made fun of and generally ridiculed but never have I been asked if I needed any help, except by one or two members and of course the official trainers. Mr HiTech is THIS the Aces High you are advertising on the History Channel Sir?

Barbara R Curry

aka AuntBee

Offline MANDO

• Nickel Member
Hi my name is Barbara
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2005, 01:27:49 PM »
Wellcome Barbara. Take a bit more time to know this community, is not that bad as you may think from first impression.

Offline 68DevilM

• Gold Member
Hi my name is Barbara
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2005, 01:37:21 PM »
sour grapes,,,

sometimes you find a couple in the bunch.

welcome, hope you find the right bunch of people to fly with

Offline SunTracker

• Silver Member
Hi my name is Barbara
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2005, 01:39:20 PM »
Hi AuntBee.  Welcome to Aces High.  Sorry for the bad response you received.  Most likely people thought you werent really who you say you are.

Offline JB82

• Copper Member
Hi my name is Barbara
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2005, 01:57:21 PM »
Give it a little more time.  If you ever fly Knights and need help just look me up.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2005, 03:01:35 PM by JB82 »

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
Hi my name is Barbara
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2005, 01:59:45 PM »
Welcome Barbara.   We have quite a few cut ups in the community, so with such famous name from Andy Griffith (my favorite TV show) I assumed you were another one.   My apologies.

Hope you enjoy Aces High!

Offline eilif

• Silver Member
Hi my name is Barbara
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2005, 02:02:32 PM »
i have to say a woman is a rare thing in ah, and an 81 year old one at that is even more rare, i can see how many of the 12 year olds that fill ma could have a hard time believeing that.

Salute, and welcome to ah, its an honor to have such a unique member, im sure you have plenty of things to share about aviation history and i look forward to meeting you online.  

One of the great things about aces high is getting into a squad despite what arenas you play in its a great way to learn the game, and its a pleasure to fly with friendly company. There are some actual ww2 pilots in ah, if you can track them down im sure you would have a fun time flying with them.

Offline SFCHONDO

• Silver Member
Hi my name is Barbara
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2005, 02:06:39 PM »
Hmmmm
« Last Edit: March 31, 2005, 02:32:06 PM by SFCHONDO »
        HONDO
DENVER BRONCOS    

Retired from AH

Offline Grizzly

• Nickel Member
Hi my name is Barbara
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2005, 02:29:47 PM »
You've had a poor introduction to Aces High, AuntBee. There are many kinds of people here, a few of which try to make up with their mouths what they can't do with their guns. The remaining 99% of the players here are great people. Send an email to HiTech with names and quotes. He enjoys ripping their hearts out... he's baaad yanno.

I want you to try to make contact with a player named Flossy. She's a female player from the UK who is a fantastic person, loved by all, and does volunteer work to help provide scenarios and special events for the rest of us. She will help you and give you the proper impression of what we're all about.

It might be a little sticky getting someone to help at first... it seems we get caught up in the game and let someone else take the initiative. But help is there for you.

Many hours of intense glory and pain await you... I wish you great fun.

Offline Clifra Jones

• Silver Member
Hi my name is Barbara
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2005, 02:29:57 PM »
Welcome AuntBee!

As other have said, please excuse the the rude ones in our community.

To squash any more comments, I checked (inteliUS.com) and she is for real. There is a Barbara R Curry, approx age 81 who live in MA.

So, with this knowledge I say "I am honored to have you among us!"

If you ever fly Bishop, look me up in the MA. Myself and the rest of the Unforgiven would be honored to wing with you.

ClifRa

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
Hi my name is Barbara
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2005, 02:32:11 PM »
LOL....what a troll....

For the record I've been on numerous times when "aunt bee" is baiting and insulting other players. Send her back to late night cable where she belongs:rofl

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline Clifra Jones

• Silver Member
Hi my name is Barbara
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2005, 02:35:21 PM »
Originally posted by humble
LOL....what a troll....

For the record I've been on numerous times when "aunt bee" is baiting and insulting other players. Send her back to late night cable where she belongs:rofl

If someone went that far out of their way to play a troll like this they have absolutly no life.

ClifRa

Offline jaxxo

• Silver Member
Hi my name is Barbara
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2005, 02:39:18 PM »
Sell crazy someplace else, were all stocked up here! 81 yr old woman playin ah2 MUWAHAAHAAAHAAHAHAAAA!!!!!!!! What a great troll lol. Why is that men believe a "woman" so much more and give her so much more respect? Is this why guys change to female handles sometimes?  DISCLAIMER: (all apologies and please ignore this last message if you are in fact a smack talking, ch. 200 using, 81 yr old female killing machine)

Offline JB88

• Plutonium Member
Hi my name is Barbara
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2005, 02:52:12 PM »
holding ten foot pole...stepping slowly away.

;)
this thread is doomed.
www.augustbach.com  

To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield. -Ulysses.

word.

Offline DaddyAck

• Silver Member
Hi my name is Barbara
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2005, 02:52:34 PM »
auntbee

If indeed she is genuinely a member of our comunity, do as was done unto me and welcome her in open armed.  I am pleased to say that my reception as a newb was not one of ridicule but one of acceptance, and it to that end that I extend to you my most sincere welcome and salutations.  On the piont of the history channel comercial, it is quite a fore tase, as it is what perked my interest as I watched it at the office waiting to close the shop.
Any way my best reguards to you auntbee and I welcome the chance to fly with you.

Respectfully yours,
DaddyAck