Author Topic: here you go nuke.  (Read 1249 times)

Offline Rolex

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
here you go nuke.
« Reply #45 on: March 30, 2005, 06:47:09 AM »
JB88:

I'm not trying to sell you an idea or anything. It is not my place to do so. If you're doing your work for sake of the work only, more power to you.  If you decide to do more with it, it will only come from your own initiative and action.

You'll never find all the answers by pondering forever. There are billions of ideas born in the minds of mankind, but action funnels the billions to a trickle.

If you wanted a better website, you would have made one already. You would have followed the 3 wisdoms of the internet to make a great site:

1. People hate to wait.

2. People hate to read.

3. People hate waiting to read something they already knew, or don't care about.

White space, some illustrations and words about what you do and how to get a hold of you are more than enough. I'm always amazed at websites with someone's address. How many letters have you, or anyone you know, ever written and mailed to a company or person you found on the internet? Website designers are not immune to the 'stupid virus' going around.

You don't have to work yourself up into sleepless nights. Doing little to market yourself, or your work, is not a sin. If you do decide to market yourself or your work though, I would advise not waiting for your next life to get started. It will all be over in the blink of an eye.

Offline mosgood

• Silver Member
here you go nuke.
« Reply #46 on: March 30, 2005, 09:16:59 AM »
Originally posted by JB88

i avoid grants because i equate them to begging and welfare...

But but....  if you appear to suffer while doing it, doesn't that just make the art even better????  :confused:

LOL

I liked this stuff btw.

And since you have LAz's post on ignore... I'll tell ya that he loved it!

Offline JB88

• Plutonium Member
here you go nuke.
« Reply #47 on: March 30, 2005, 10:09:34 AM »
Originally posted by mosgood
But but....  if you appear to suffer while doing it, doesn't that just make the art even better????  :confused:

I liked this stuff btw.  

thanks mosgood,

it probably makes a dead artists work better lol... but so far, the only real suffering that i have known has boobs, reappears in a different body and a different name from time to time and tortures me relentlessly with her wicked ways.

i am hardly unique in that department.

:D
this thread is doomed.
www.augustbach.com  

To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield. -Ulysses.

word.

Offline JB88

• Plutonium Member
here you go nuke.
« Reply #48 on: March 30, 2005, 03:14:13 PM »
Originally posted by Rolex
JB88:

I'm not trying to sell you an idea or anything. It is not my place to do so. If you're doing your work for sake of the work only, more power to you.  If you decide to do more with it, it will only come from your own initiative and action.

You'll never find all the answers by pondering forever. There are billions of ideas born in the minds of mankind, but action funnels the billions to a trickle.

If you wanted a better website, you would have made one already. You would have followed the 3 wisdoms of the internet to make a great site:

1. People hate to wait.

2. People hate to read.

3. People hate waiting to read something they already knew, or don't care about.

White space, some illustrations and words about what you do and how to get a hold of you are more than enough. I'm always amazed at websites with someone's address. How many letters have you, or anyone you know, ever written and mailed to a company or person you found on the internet? Website designers are not immune to the 'stupid virus' going around.

You don't have to work yourself up into sleepless nights. Doing little to market yourself, or your work, is not a sin. If you do decide to market yourself or your work though, I would advise not waiting for your next life to get started. It will all be over in the blink of an eye.

all good points rolex.  thank you.

i am wondering if i might email you some ideas related to your feedback and continue to talk on marketing issues as they progress.

also, grunherz, i seem to recall you once mentioning that you were involved in marketing...what is your take on the situation?  (if you dont mind my asking)

i could really use some heads on this.

much obliged.

this thread is doomed.
www.augustbach.com  

To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield. -Ulysses.

word.