Author Topic: ROE Conduct  (Read 1075 times)

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
Re: ROE Conduct
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2005, 07:57:11 AM »
Originally posted by Elyeh
I was in the MA the other night and this plane killed me 3 times in a row as I tried to start my engine and take off. My plane would get on the runway and he'd be waiting and shoot me as I started my engine.

This is your sign. :D
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline doc1kelley

• Silver Member
ROE Conduct
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2005, 08:01:47 AM »
Originally posted by StarOfAfrica2
Elyeh, your first lesson in the "honor" of online combat.  There is none.  None, that is, except what you bring yourself to the arena.

That said, its nice to welcome new players that have a sense of fair play and can help balance the mental giants we have here who get their jollies taking advantage of new people to pad their scores.  We call them (appropriately enough) "score potatos".  

I'm also not saying you should give up your values.  I applaud them.  I try to hold such a view myself.  I limit myself to "vulching" when I am helping to suppress a base for capture and no one else is in position to do the job.  Otherwise I ignore people taking off until they are up enough to have a chance at shooting me down too when I engage.  It often bites me but I'm satisfied with flying within my own set of boundaries.  I just dont want you to get frustrated if things arent going the way you think they should.  

Everyone has their own ideas about what the game should be.  You, like everyone else, are free to fly whatever plane you want (within the limits of the perk point system), and fly it however you want.  For the most part, you set your own ROC, and so does everyone else.  Everyone pays to play, and everyone is fiercely defensive of being able to play the game "my way".  Just understand, if you set rules for yourself, you will often be dissapointed by others and even angered.  You have to decide for yourself if you'd rather give up all pretense at "honor" and play their way, or if you want to put restrictions on yourself, knowing probably no one else you run into will play by the same rules.  I personally prefer that though, to not having any principles.  Your call.  Oh, and welcome!  :)

Ya know, what StarofAfrica said is really a great response and we all would be hard pressed to explain it better!!:)
awDoc1
The Flying Circus Rocks! We're clowns of a different color!

Beer! helping ugly folks get laid!

Offline Frodo

• Platinum Member
ROE Conduct
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2005, 08:45:16 AM »
Originally posted by Shane
vulching is, like, electronic darwinism.

:D

Sig. material here!  :D

Frodo

JG11 

TEAMWORK IS ESSENTIAL....IT GIVES THE ENEMY SOMEONE ELSE TO SHOOT AT.

Offline TalonX

• Silver Member
ROE redux
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2005, 09:13:41 AM »
Oh, how many times we discuss it.

As you now know,  you were "vulched".   If you keep trying to up from a capped field,  you will die often from this.

In the air, if another plane gets a gun solution in your face and shoots you, you died from a "HO"...... Head On.

If you are lower than another plane and he dives to kill you, as all the great pilots did in WWII, you were "cherry picked".

Do me a favor, die  with dignity and don't cry about it.

Watch 200 for the pilots who just can't admit they got beat....even if the odds were unfair.

"Nice HO!"

"VULCHER!"

"Nice CHERRY PICK!"

These are the battle cries of the insecure and weak minded.  If you get beat against even odds, bad odds, or good odds, just die and re-up......   leave the crying to the babies.

-TalonX

Forgotten, but back in the game.  :)

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
Re: ROE redux
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2005, 09:32:37 AM »
Originally posted by TalonX
Oh, how many times we discuss it.

As you now know,  you were "vulched".   If you keep trying to up from a capped field,  you will die often from this.

In the air, if another plane gets a gun solution in your face and shoots you, you died from a "HO"...... Head On.

If you are lower than another plane and he dives to kill you, as all the great pilots did in WWII, you were "cherry picked".

Do me a favor, die  with dignity and don't cry about it.

Watch 200 for the pilots who just can't admit they got beat....even if the odds were unfair.

"Nice HO!"

"VULCHER!"

"Nice CHERRY PICK!"

These are the battle cries of the insecure and weak minded.  If you get beat against even odds, bad odds, or good odds, just die and re-up......   leave the crying to the babies.

Thread vulcher!!!!
It was a HO to boot. :D
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline DamnedRen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: ROE Conduct
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2005, 10:20:43 AM »
Originally posted by Elyeh
Just wondering if its common practice to strafe a plane that has just appeared on the runway. I was in the MA the other night and this plane killed me 3 times in a row as I tried to start my engine and take off. My plane would get on the runway and he'd be waiting and shoot me as I started my engine.

Yes, it is a common practice.

Rule number 1: Never up from a capped field.

Just seems a cheap way to get a kill.

Yes, it is.

Comments??

Did you learn from the experience? If not, see Rule number 1. :)

Offline 68DevilM

• Gold Member
Re: Re: ROE Conduct
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2005, 10:55:39 AM »
Originally posted by Dinky2003
Would you rather they let you get up to speed and get off the ground a few feet before they blast you?

XD

go to dueling arena and theyll let ya up;)

Offline Grizzly

• Nickel Member
ROE Conduct
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2005, 02:18:03 PM »
Welcome Elyeh. Some players are going to do what they wish regardless of what others think of it. Your only choice is to take it as it comes and move on, or join the whining, complaining masses on channel 200. It's your nickle, I only suggest one rule to set for yourself. When the going gets rough and your blood pressure begins to peak (and it will), grab an Ostie, tank or gun until you settle down. Cursing and kicking the cat may feel good at the moment, but it pisses off the cat and your wife.

Peace be with you.

Offline AmRaaM

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
ROE Conduct
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2005, 02:29:21 PM »
Fine art of vulching shall always remain my main source of fun....and my only way i can get a kill with my gun accuracy skills or lack of.

And I would appreciate all the help anyone can give me..to provide ez targets...preferable not even moving but will take a barely wheels up target if thats all that anyone can provide me.

the only ez kills i will pass on are c47s that agree to return to their base or ditch.  I have a heart after all.

Offline Dinky2003

• Zinc Member
ROE Conduct
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2005, 02:39:16 PM »
Originally posted by AmRaaM
Fine art of vulching shall always remain my main source of fun....and my only way i can get a kill with my gun accuracy skills or lack of.

And I would appreciate all the help anyone can give me..to provide ez targets...preferable not even moving but will take a barely wheels up target if thats all that anyone can provide me.

the only ez kills i will pass on are c47s that agree to return to their base or ditch.  I have a heart after all.

Well, at least you don't make up excuses like most dedicated vulchers. :P

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
ROE Conduct
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2005, 05:33:09 PM »
keep spawning , they will run out of ammo soon.

actualy , play their game, spawn and when they make a pass jump back to tower, it takes good timing and will drive the vulchers crazy.

Offline Pei

• Silver Member
ROE Conduct
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2005, 09:34:31 PM »
Originally posted by Shane
vulching is, like, electronic darwinism.

:D

Don't you mean electronic intelligent design?

Offline Schutt

• Silver Member
ROE Conduct
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2005, 02:44:11 AM »
Check from tower if any enemy planes are taking passes on the runway. If they are, or are close to the runway you probably getting vulched.
Best is to take off in their direction and shoot em down while they try to vulch you from front. Then watch the channel 200 for them to cry you HOed them.

Seriously, it would be nicer without the vulching. But i usually cant resist myself and most others cant resist as well. The point is when you take off on a field with enemys up in the air you will die shortly after take off eaven if no one vulches you, since the slow speed and alt give you big disadvantage.

Either dont care or come from another field, mostly i give it 5 or so tries to up so the others can have fun vulching.

When a base is about to be conquerd and a goon is close you have to vulch, so none ups and shoots your goon. But on the other occasions you are right, it is more fun to let em up and then battle it out once they are in the air and have gears up.

So corresponding to your question your could say its gentelmen like to let em up and raise their gear before shooting, not shoot from front, descent to equal alt and speed before engaging and letting the other guy rtb once hes shot up.

But in the main arena is war and i there are few gentelmen. However in the dueling arena you usually ask before engaging, dont vulch and dont interfere other duels.

Offline BBQ_Bob

• Silver Member
      • http://uknightedstates.net
ROE Conduct
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2005, 02:58:33 AM »
Did Elyeh ever say who it was that was doing the vulching ? Cause I would have remembered vulching him if I had done it.
         BTW welcome Elyeh.
UKNIGHTED Propaganda Minister
"There are no Hells Angels in the MA, never"

"they are nowhere near the airport ..they are lost in the desert...they can not read a compass...they are retarded."

For a good time ~~ www.uknightedstates.net

Offline TexMurphy

• Silver Member
ROE Conduct
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2005, 03:28:45 AM »
Elyeh

To avoid getting vulched.

1. Take off from hanger instead of runway when ever there are enemies near a field.

2. Take off from nearest field, get alt and own the vulchers. Nothing more fun then dropping down on vulchers. They are so focused on the runway that they have no E what so ever and arnt looking up. Do this and THEY are the easy, cheap kills. ;)

Dont move to another field inorder to fight elsewhere. Move to another field and go to the first field to help defend it.

Tex