Author Topic: Ditching/Kills Again  (Read 372 times)

Offline Clifra Jones

• Silver Member
Ditching/Kills Again
« on: April 04, 2005, 03:39:25 PM »
Yes I know this has been discussed and HT has explained many times how damage is accounted for in the kills but I'm going to introduce my 2 cents now anyway.

Ditching: I only began flying AH since Sept 04 and it is obvious to me that it is much easier to ditch your plane now then it was a few months ago. I ditched a 190 A5 at 300+ MPH in the water the other night. That just does not seem right. Ditching in water would be hard to do. I have yet to cartwheel a plane in the water.  Lately I have stolen many a kill from my adversary by getting away and ditching. Seems as long as you dont hit a tree or other object you can survive.

Kill Award: Yes I know that kill are awarded by who does the most damage BUT, is this the best system?
Case1: I put several .50's into a 190 from around d500 in my Spit9. He was leaking fluid but was still quite flyable and manuverable. One of my country mates dropped on his six and literally cut him in half, yet I get the kill. Just did not seem right to me?
Case2: Several times I been engaged with an enemy and shot him down only to get an assist with a player who is not even in the general area? The name does not ring a bell as I have not seen him anywhere around during the engagement. He may have put a few rounds into the guy and then got killed, I don't know,  yet he gets the kill?

Seems to me that the pilot who renders the plane unflyable should get the kill. If I pump a whole lot of .303's in to his fuseloge he most likely could fly home, but if another pilots cuts his wing of that other pilot should get the kill.

I'm not b--tching because I'm losing kills. It also seems wrong for me to get kills when I know I didn't do enough real damage to deserve it and vis-versa.

Just my 2 cents...

Offline maxxius

• Nickel Member
Re: Ditching/Kills Again
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2005, 02:24:31 PM »
Originally posted by Clifra Jones

Seems to me that the pilot who renders the plane unflyable should get the kill. If I pump a whole lot of .303's in to his fuseloge he most likely could fly home, but if another pilots cuts his wing of that other pilot should get the kill.

It also seems wrong for me to get kills when I know I didn't do enough real damage to deserve it and vis-versa.

[/QUOTE

i agreee

Offline TrueKill

• Silver Member
Ditching/Kills Again
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2005, 07:39:52 PM »
I would love it if HT would make it so if a plane looses lets say a wing. Theres no way what he can fly it so the damage counting should stop there I'm fed up with fighting with a guy then taking his tail off and watch him fall down 3-4k and see a moron come by and pop a few rounds in him and get the kill. Once certin parts come off that renders the plane unflyable it should not beable to take any more damage from anything manedack, auto ack, anything.

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
Ditching/Kills Again
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2005, 07:50:54 PM »
Originally posted by HiTech
The system now awards the kill to the person who does the most damage, not how many pings. There is damage done even if the plane is still flying. If you got an assist, it meens that some one else did more damage to the plane than you did, you just happen to put in the last bullet.

By the way, Clif, have you checked the spelling of your squad name in your avatard?

Truekill, a while back, HT had discussed  making a change to the damage/kill tracking so that once a plane lost the inner wing or tail that no further damage would be awarded, to defeat killstealing. However, he'd also said it wasn't real high on the list.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2005, 07:59:45 PM by hubsonfire »
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline Howitzer

• Silver Member
Ditching/Kills Again
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2005, 12:46:16 PM »
The whole thing is based on a factor that can be easily determined:  who does the most damage.  If he were to change it, you would have to be able to determine exactly what makes that plane: Unflyable.  Just losing an aileron?  Losing both ailerons?  Losing stabilizers but no ailerons?  Losing 1 elevator, engine oil, both elevators?

Many of these situations, you can still fly depending on how well you trim the plane.  I think it would have to be something that could be easily determined.

Offline Don

• Silver Member
Ditching/Kills Again
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2005, 03:16:10 PM »
>>Many of these situations, you can still fly depending on how well you trim the plane. I think it would have to be something that could be easily determined.<<

...And yet it is not, and many times seems arbitrary.
Kill stealing aside, it isn't always the one who gets there first, or who gets there last that get the kill credit; what it is is still a mystery to me. Three days ago I shot up a spit to clear a countryman's tail, I sawed the spit's wing off and flamed his engine, he kept flying with one wing! I finally got the kill m,essage but, the guy managed to ditch his plane, and was just sitting in the water. As I flew past him, he pinged my a/c. There is something not quite right.

Offline Clifra Jones

• Silver Member
Ditching/Kills Again
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2005, 01:54:36 PM »
Originally posted by hubsonfire
By the way, Clif, have you checked the spelling of your squad name in your avatard?

Squad created the original BMP. Spelled correctly, UNFORGIVEN. You may not be seeing the "I" due to the size of the avatard.

Offline Wolf14

• Silver Member
Ditching/Kills Again
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2005, 02:17:17 PM »
Actualy I see the "I" just fine. I am having problems seeing the "N" between the U and F of U"N"FORGIVEN.