Author Topic: My only Bike  (Read 539 times)

Offline GreenCloud

• Silver Member
My only Bike
« on: April 05, 2005, 02:06:23 PM »
This is my baby..its been a long tuff road for her..NEVER!! Have I seen another like..

has some small dings but..almost perfect......I love 2 stokes

It hasnt run on street for about 2-3 years now..I been having an air leak problem we think..but it I now beleive my left carb has a bad float in it..i think the float is leaking; (..talk about finding HARD PARTS,,...waaaaa

oh...its a 1975 RD 125  Twin   last year they brought them to the USA...
Got it form my good Filipino friends..they had 3 RDS..2-400s and a 350..frikn insane rokts

it can pop wheelies in 2nd gear even with soem of you lard azzzes on it; )

Offline ASTAC

• Silver Member
My only Bike
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2005, 03:10:00 PM »
I have a 76 RD200...love it..though it is out of commission right now.....here are some old pics of the original paint job I did..I've since dropped that theme and painted it red and white..chopped the seat to a single so it looks more classic....replacing the clutch and some electrical...hope to have it back on the road soon. This wa called the T.I.E. Cycle
Can bee seen at.
http://www.geocities.com/sfs_tie_pilot/WEEKSDESIGN.html

and at...

http://www.roadsquadron.com

I weight anywhere between 210-230 (depending if it's close to Navy PRT time) and it would do 90 (not bad for a weed-eater on steriods...and would pop a wheelie in the 1st 3 gears...Love this bike..everyone laugs because it's like an overgrown moped..but man is it fun!
An even better 2-stokr..well the best really is a Kawasaki Triple...I had a 74 s3 400cc that would blow some modern bikes doors off(or should i say cowlings?)...They came mainly in 400cc,500cc, and even a 750cc that was the fastest stock production bike made well after they stopped making it.

« Last Edit: April 05, 2005, 06:57:43 PM by ASTAC »
That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety

Offline ASTAC

• Silver Member
My only Bike
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2005, 06:08:57 PM »
You can find Keyster Carb kits on ebay all the time for RD's..if they don't have one specified for a 125...they have a website somewhere and they will probrably have one....maybe 125 is the same as the 200? I see alot of parts advertised for both.
That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.vf-17.org
My only Bike
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2005, 06:18:45 PM »
I have a 1970 200 Twin I left in MO when I moved.  Last I heard it was sitting in a barn in pieces.  I was working on rebuilding it when I moved, the gas tank had been rusted through and I had to weld it (looked like utter crap but it held).

Offline ASTAC

• Silver Member
My only Bike
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2005, 06:20:25 PM »
Oh and I ditched the oil injection system...and premix my gas....safer that way...lost my Kawa S3 to oil injection failure while on a road trip.

Offline wombatt

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
My only Bike
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2005, 01:34:57 AM »
Check the intake boots around the carbs.
in old bikes the rubber gets hard and cracks.

Offline TBolt A-10

• Silver Member
      • http://www.picturehangar.com
My only Bike
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2005, 02:04:50 AM »
Nice bike!  :)

I sold my Honda sportbike & have only my yellow 1978 Yamaha DT125 Enduro, now.      I'm sure - just like you - I keep the thing for sentimental reasons.  LOVE the old 2 strokes!  :D

Offline GreenCloud

• Silver Member
My only Bike
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2005, 03:03:00 AM »
astac..i will look around for this carb kit u say..

and defnlty removed auto lube firts ride..pre mix always

its not my intake manifolds...which are a hard runner..or my rubber boots to air box..both are  BRAND NEW..and the guy told me..theses are the last stock intakes!...BRAND NEW!!!

i also got BRand new float bowl sseals..reeds..brakes..O ring seals for main rod....

I have a ..umm ..err small rust problem ..but you cant see any of the rust...under fenders..adn my inside gas tank..AGHHH what a pain..i think its unrepairable..I have tried to chemically clean it ...doesnt get it all...my petcock gets clogged by rust...so i installed fuel filters in line also..

you knwo..i dotn think its worth it..

fuqn rust

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
My only Bike
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2005, 03:14:53 AM »
BGB!  I have a late 80s model Kawasaki KH-125 2 stroke and it looks identical to yours.

im a skinny guy, 6' and 11.5 stone and it goes like poo off a shovel i tell thee.....

its off the road now though because of (lmao ASTAC) oil injection failiure.

you know when you are on a long clear road and you lie forward on the tank and put your legs up on the pillion and go 95MPH on a 125.........no?.......maybe its just me....anyhow, was doing that and oil broke engine seized and back wheel locked. would you belive i didnt even fall off :)   at around 80mph!

skidded for a few hundred meters then hit the gravel trap at the side.

never been so scared.

on top of that the head gasget blew at the same time so now the engine is in need of a re-bore.

i love bikes.

PS: ASTAC: is that a 20mm cannon on the front of yours? :p
« Last Edit: April 06, 2005, 03:17:00 AM by mechanic »
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
My only Bike
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2005, 04:11:45 AM »
I don't have a bike. I don't have a car either.

Offline ASTAC

• Silver Member
My only Bike
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2005, 04:11:49 AM »
Originally posted by mechanic

PS: ASTAC: is that a 20mm cannon on the front of yours? :p

It was a "Blaster" around 20mm I guess.

GreenCloud: It's always worth it for a rare classic..I can't remember what it's called..but there is a coating you can buy for the inside of the gas tank that basically seals in the rust...I have it in mine and it's like having a brand new gas tank....Also I'm willing to bet you can find a tank for it if you looked around...one from a RD125 or RD200 will fit.

And your other problem may not be an air leak..you may have a problem with the reed valves.

Offline DamnedRen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
My only Bike
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2005, 04:16:47 AM »
Cool bike. What make?

:)
Ren

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
My only Bike
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2005, 08:16:42 AM »
I have an R 75 but it doesn't look anything like those.

lazs

Offline ASTAC

• Silver Member
My only Bike
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2005, 08:33:58 AM »
Greencloud's and mine are Yamaha..his RD125..mine RD200

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
My only Bike
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2005, 12:42:50 PM »
OMG! My first street bike was a 1975 RD 250. I was in 8th grade and bought it used from a friend. It ran great when I first got it. Then it started smoking really bad and fouling plugs constantly. Come to find out, 30 weight will not work as 2 cycle oil... go figure.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.