Author Topic: A Few screenies.  (Read 2498 times)

Offline LTARokit

• Copper Member
A Few screenies.
« Reply #45 on: April 12, 2005, 12:05:18 PM »
When HT went to AH2 my puter took a hit. Wasn't their fault, got plenty of warning, over long period of time. Slowly but surely made puter 100% again.  Didn't whine bout slow frame rate, I started saving those nickles and dimes and changed with the times.  Just like any tool of the trade, generally you start off with cheap chit, but eventually you invest in the proper tool specifically designed for your trade.  And yes those tools are generally more expensive than lets say....Walmart specials.

Offline Paul

• Copper Member
      • http://fatesquad.com
A Few screenies.
« Reply #46 on: April 12, 2005, 03:36:42 PM »
(Those bluish dots are due to HT's crappy video card...)

Nice job HtC! :aok

Offline BlueJ1

• Platinum Member
A Few screenies.
« Reply #47 on: April 12, 2005, 03:44:08 PM »
Originally posted by MOIL

I completly agree.
U.S.N.
Aviation Electrician MH-60S
OEF 08-09'

Offline jpeg

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.steveo.us
A Few screenies.
« Reply #48 on: April 12, 2005, 10:40:58 PM »
Well said Moil (err written)

I'm kind of getting tired of AH being behind the times of other sims as far as graphics go. If someone's framerates are being hit big time then they need to upgrade or lower their detail settings.

I'm a working guy and I save the money to build a new PC every 3 - 3.5 years and they really aren't that expensive.

Also, like you wrote gamming goes together with pushing the limits of pc hardware.

(You don't see people who play other 3d games like quake3, doom3, half life etc complaing)

Originally posted by MOIL
BlueJ1:
"No offense but not everyone can afford it. And the only reason that list is growing is because the lower end people are getting cut off. Im all for eye candy btw"

I fully understand, maybe find a cheaper hobby?

Computer gaming and computer hardware go hand-in-hand. The games become more complex as do the systems. If said person cant afford to run with the big dogs, then he needs to turn his graphics and settings down. Then when he can afford it he upgrades and gets to enjoy the beneifts.  
Why should I not have better options avail to me?  I paid for the high end hardware, I would like to use it.

No different than showing up on grudge night at your local drag strip "the ol' run what ya brung" race night.
You cant show up in your clunker and say "hey fellas, I cant afford the slicks or the 4 barrel carb" so you all have to come down to my speed.
I'll give ya two guess' what the answers would be!

Offline MOIL

• Silver Member
      • http://www.ltar.org
A Few screenies.
« Reply #49 on: April 12, 2005, 11:03:29 PM »
Thank you jpeg,

Wasn't tryin' to bust nobodys chops, I feel for the guy and it suks to have low FPS or lousy graphics.
However, if HTC is to stay in business they will need the lifes blood of any business, new customers!
The next gen of gamers and computer users is approaching very fast, they are young, know what they want & like and if your product doesn't deliver they will move on.
It only takes one or two big companies with deep pockets like EA {don't start, I don't like um either} to invest in some new online super-do-hickie game that has everything everyone's ever wanted in a sim.
I will hope this never happens, I would never like to see HTC suffer from lost revenue or go out of business because their product never moved forward with the times, this is just plain silly business practice.

This is with no disrespect to HTC or it's players.

Offline BlueJ1

• Platinum Member
A Few screenies.
« Reply #50 on: April 13, 2005, 02:17:18 PM »
jpeg, I agreed with him. No need to keep posting it.
U.S.N.
Aviation Electrician MH-60S
OEF 08-09'

Offline SELECTOR

• Gold Member
      • http://www.332viking.com
A Few screenies.
« Reply #51 on: April 13, 2005, 03:28:51 PM »
we need nazi squirels to shoot with our side arms:aok

Offline 68DevilM

• Gold Member
A Few screenies.
« Reply #52 on: April 14, 2005, 10:24:12 AM »
those do look really cool from ground ht, but in a aircraft near deck they look like a shrub:)

Offline DaddyAck

• Silver Member
A Few screenies.
« Reply #53 on: April 14, 2005, 11:26:56 AM »
:D HT, good job! Kudos to you and your team.  I think they are masterfully done.:aok