Author Topic: X45 Joystick  (Read 855 times)

Offline pounder1

• Zinc Member
X45 Joystick
« on: April 15, 2005, 08:18:12 AM »
I need some help setting up a good profile(s) for my new x45 stick. I am a lefty to begin with and recently turned off my stall limiter. Need to relearn with right hand, and remember all the buttons. Want to set it up right the first time. Can anyone help?
Thanks,
Pounder1

Offline TexMurphy

• Silver Member
X45 Joystick
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2005, 08:43:12 AM »
Im using a X45 but I usually have wiered setups. But here it is from top of my head.

I run with two key sets, I swich between set 1 and set 2 using the pinkle swich. Basicly only to get the up views, which are on set 2 rest of set 2 is a direct copy of set 1.

Main Stick.
----------------------------------------
Top left POV
UP - Zoom ("z" key)
Right - change weapons (backspace).
Left - lower gear
Down - unmapped due to beeing almost imposible to reach over that POV inorder to pull back on it.
Center POV

Views
Set 1
Up - Front UP
rest, right left back and the logic variations.

Set 2
Up - Up
rest, up-right up-left up-bkac and the logic variations.
Trigger - 1st gun
Button on the front side of the stick - check six call
Button left of Center POV - 2nd gun
Button right of Center POV - Custom VoX (used to it but potentially a bad map as using views and custom vox is a pain)
Missile button - not mapped as its very far up and we dont use missiles.
Throttle
Rotatories I use for trim
"mini mouse joystick by the tumb" UP - flaps up
"mini mouse joystick by the tumb" Down - flaps down
"button left of mini mouse joystick " - Range vox
"Big thumb button" - WEP
"Front side 4directional POV" right - combat trim on and off
"Front side 4directional POV" left - dive flaps
"Front side 4directional POV" up - unmapped as it is far to reach in under it to pull it up.

Tex

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
X45 Joystick
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2005, 09:02:32 AM »
I use the "pinkie" button as my"up" view...gives me a second set of views with the 1 hat...use a &B for flaps. 2nd hat has gear, damage, toggle 2nd weapon & chk 6. Trim (elv &aerlion)  is on throttle hat. Use little mini stick as 4 way hat. Has squad vox map etc...the little button next to it is range vox....

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
X45 Joystick
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2005, 09:59:31 PM »
Humble, you know you can set the trim to the rotaries, right?
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
X45 Joystick
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2005, 12:10:06 AM »
here's my AH setup:

http://www.jabostaffelhq.netprism.net/images/AHII.dat

save the file, and put it in your C:\Program Files\Saitek\Software

folder
I don't know what to put here yet.

Offline DamnedRen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
X45 Joystick
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2005, 01:45:38 AM »
Originally posted by humble
I use the "pinkie" button as my"up" view...gives me a second set of views with the 1 hat...use a &B for flaps. 2nd hat has gear, damage, toggle 2nd weapon & chk 6. Trim (elv &aerlion)  is on throttle hat. Use little mini stick as 4 way hat. Has squad vox map etc...the little button next to it is range vox....

Humble is correct. Your keypad 5 key is more than a "look up button" it modifies all your your normal level views to about 30 degrees up at the press of a button. There are folks that use 2 hats for the views that only require one hat and a button. I guess if you don't need the extra buttons then thats fine. Let me give you a n idea of just how many buttons you could be dealing with.

My thottle alone has 4 ea 4-way hats, and 4 buttons. That's 20 buttons total. My stick has 1 ea. 8-way, 3 ea. 4-way, a trigger plus 3 more buttons. Not counting the 8-way as that is my primary view hat, that gives me another 16 programmable buttons. The total is 36 buttons and an 8-way hat. You may not believe this but I could probably use a few more. :) Remember, when you first set up the buttons it might be hard to remember what eveything does but a week of flying and you will hit the right buttons without even thinking about it.

As I originally stated you want to get the most use of whatever buttons you have. The keypad 5 key "look up modifier" is one way to make the best use of whacha got to work with.

Also, when you pick the button you want to use for keypad 5 spend an extra minute and think about its placement. You need your thumb to look around so make sure your pick a button that does not interfere with you hat movement. Alot of folks fly the logitech sticks. They may have 12 buttons but really need to use a button on the base for keypad 5 and the one they choose must allow them to use the throttle while pressing one of those base buttons.

When I first thought about flying, a long time ago, I wanted to assign gear and other stuff to my buttons. I found out when yer learning having the gear come out at the wrong time is not a good thing. :). Tthe more thought you put into what you assign the better off you will be. You will also find out that you stick setup is fine but it's like no on elses. There's nothing wrong with that. It's what works for you.

Offline Elyeh

• Nickel Member
X45 Joystick
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2005, 04:11:57 PM »
Tex,

How did u get the rotaries to work?

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
X45 Joystick
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2005, 05:03:06 PM »
In Select Joystick, pick one of the rotaries (Rotary 1 or Rotary 2), pick a trim, and hit Set Input.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
X45 Joystick
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2005, 11:07:30 PM »
profiles

setup for ped rudders and rotor manual trim
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Online Elfie

• Platinum Member
X45 Joystick
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2005, 03:09:20 AM »
Originally posted by OOZ662
In Select Joystick, pick one of the rotaries (Rotary 1 or Rotary 2), pick a trim, and hit Set Input.

I dont get full use of my trim tabs when using the rotaries. With elevator trim mapped to a rotary I get about the top half of the gauge, I get about the right half for aileron trim. SO I just use a hat switch for my trim.
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
X45 Joystick
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2005, 01:29:58 PM »
Elfie, remember that when calibrating the stick, the rotaries count as an axis. When calibrating, move your stick, then the throttle, then rudder slider, then both rotaries to their full extent or the joystick will fall short on controls.

Offline Big G

• Copper Member
X45 Joystick
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2005, 12:15:42 AM »
Just bought a 45, I'm useless at trying to set stick maps, I just selected the x45,set all buttons and loaded the stick map, now I can't find the fire all weapons (n on keyboard) button, grrrrrrrrrr
Help anyone(please lol)

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
X45 Joystick
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2005, 04:45:54 PM »
Go back into Controls, Stick Mapping and set the buttons to what you want.  Remember, you have three different settings to make to set "fire all" to the trigger, one for flight, one for gun position and one for vehicles.  They're all different settings.

If you've installed a .dat file or used the Saitek software to remap the stick, it will override the settings in AH.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Online Elfie

• Platinum Member
X45 Joystick
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2005, 06:14:54 PM »
Originally posted by OOZ662
Elfie, remember that when calibrating the stick, the rotaries count as an axis. When calibrating, move your stick, then the throttle, then rudder slider, then both rotaries to their full extent or the joystick will fall short on controls.

Did that, same exact results. Dont get full trim tab movement, still about half.
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
X45 Joystick
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2005, 06:29:14 PM »
Elfie, check for driver updates.

I had similar problems until I upgraded to XP and used the latest (old now) Saitek driver.

Saitek came out with new drivers that are supposed to work with 98se, if you can't find them, there is a guy who has a site up last year with a dirver he made for the x45 and 98se.  It's said to work fine but I didn't need it by the time I found his site.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001