Author Topic: Why I favor the Death Penalty  (Read 4523 times)

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
Why I favor the Death Penalty
« on: April 16, 2005, 08:59:41 AM »

Slain boy's short life a litany of abuse

Mother's boyfriend charged with murder; medical examiner finds evidence of more than 50 injuries

BY SHANNON PRATHER
Pioneer Press

The beating that killed 17-month-old Dakota Ryan Forss on Tuesday wasn't the little boy's first.

The St. Paul child had suffered more than 50 injuries in his short lifetime, including blows and punches to the head that caused a skull fracture, cigarette burns, blackened eyes, internal bleeding and injuries to his groin.

Large patches of hair had been pulled from the boy's head and Dakota had suffered a blow to the back so violent it bruised his lungs, the medical examiner determined.

On Friday, Joseph Rex Bell, 34, was charged with second-degree murder after admitting to police that he repeatedly abused his girlfriend's son, according to the criminal complaint filed by Ramsey County prosecutors. Bell told police he knew he would eventually kill the boy if he kept abusing him, but "just couldn't stop."

"This behavior is sadistic. A child this age is so vulnerable and the brutality that must have taken place in order to inflict these blows is beyond comprehension," said Ramsey County Attorney Susan Gaertner. "You almost have to believe that a day wouldn't go by where this child wasn't being struck or hurt."

Police said they are considering investigating Dakota's mother, Kalani Jean Forss, who told police she had witnessed Bell give her son a "brainbuster" — punching her young son in the head — and yet allowed him to be the boy's primary caregiver. Forss, 32, relied so heavily on Bell to care for Dakota, she told police, she had not fed or changed the boy's diaper in the week preceding his death. Bell is being held in lieu of $1 million bond.

Here's a link to the full story if you really want to start your day in a foul mood:
http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/11407802.htm

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2005, 09:35:28 AM »
Death is too easy for a guy like that.

Permanent solitary confinement.

Offline CavemanJ

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2005, 10:12:50 AM »
life and a day, max security....

child abusers do the hardest time

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2005, 10:33:26 AM »
I couldnt read past the first paragraph.  That's truely horrible.  I can't beleive there are monsters like that in this world.

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2005, 10:35:55 AM »
I just wish incarceration wasn't so expensive.  I don't have access to current statistics, but it seems to me I read a few years ago the average cost per inmate was something like $40,000. People like this should be permanently removed from society, as quickly and efficiently as possible.

I would prefer to have this man beaten to death.   Maybe when boxers retire, they could do this for a living or something.   Doesn't have to be a public spectacle (though I'm sure it's ratings would exceed reality TV), but the public would need open information about the proceedings and results, to guard against corruption in the system.

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2005, 10:57:37 AM »
Sentence him to life, place him in the general population with a special "I'm a child abuser / killer" uniform. Wait patiently, problem will be solved.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline pugg666

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2005, 01:10:58 PM »
Sentence him to life, place him in the general population with a special "I'm a child abuser / killer" uniform. Wait patiently, problem will be solved.

Will still cost the taxpayers money for the hopefully short period of time he's around, but IMO it's money well spent.

And by hopefully I mean 17 months.

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2005, 01:12:20 PM »
The mother is just as culpable as that POS boyfriend.
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Denmark I eat a danish for peace." - Diablo

Offline FUNKED1

• Platinum Member
      • http://soldatensender.blogspot.com/
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2005, 01:14:25 PM »
Sterilize both of them at the very least.

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2005, 01:16:48 PM »
Originally posted by FUNKED1
Sterilize both of them at the very least.

Can't.  It'd piss off the Eurotrolls.
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Denmark I eat a danish for peace." - Diablo

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2005, 01:55:13 PM »
My youngest is 19 months now, I cant imagine anyone beating her to death like that. Or, abusing her repeatedly to cause those kinds of injuries.

The mother is just at fault in this case. She knew the abuse was happening. Help was just a phone call away, yet she did nothing.
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline hyena426

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2005, 02:39:14 PM »
thats pure sick....that poor little guy:(

Offline bunch

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
      • http://hitechcreations.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?&forumid=17
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2005, 12:15:35 AM »
Not uncommon for the new alpha male to kill the children of the previous alpha.  some say it brings female back into heat

Offline texace

• Silver Member
      • http://www.usmc.mil
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2005, 04:05:13 AM »
Give him a two hour trial, sentence him to death then drag his bellybutton out back and shoot him.

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2005, 04:35:01 AM »
Originally posted by bunch
Not uncommon for the new alpha male to kill the children of the previous alpha.  some say it brings female back into heat

wow, you're a cuddlinghunk.