Author Topic: poetics dot  (Read 6885 times)

Offline Adjuster

• Copper Member
poetics dot
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2001, 08:17:00 AM »
I am concerned that Orel put up that post and would like to add that it in no way represents the views of any other members of the squad and I hope that we will not be all tarred with the same brush as Orel

Adjuster
"Firebirds" 56 (Fighter) Squadron - RAF
Adjuster

56 Squadron (Firebirds)

Offline CavemanJ

• Silver Member
poetics dot
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2001, 08:45:00 AM »
Originally posted by EagleC:
Its incredible how silly americans are after 500 Years. We have been attacked .. KILL THEM ALL... is it way out of comflict ? May be in US films, but not in long time reality. Check who is your opponent. Check their history, check your history... check history of rest of world .. and then THINK about SOLUTION.

those silly NUKE them or KILL them is realy SHOW of you poor origin.

calm down and think about your self because somebody else had reason to do that HORRIBLE thing

wish You all SAFE and long LIFE

"calm down and think about your self because somebody else had a reason to do that HORRIBLE thing"

And what reason is that?  He's jealous because America is so prosperous?  Someone in the WTC emailed him a nekkid picture of his mother?

Or are you suggesting that we should just tank our Constitution and Bill of Rights and change our country?

No matter what there's always going to be someone somewhere that will not like us.  I don't care if they like us or not.  I don't care if you like us or not.  You just lumped yourself into the same boat as Bin Laden in my book bud.

Two words:  DWEEB HUNT!

Offline stegor

• Nickel Member
poetics dot
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2001, 08:52:00 AM »
EagleC
Even if im not an USA citizien, i feel offended by the tone of your post.
We have been witness of a crime against democracy and every free man has to feel hit by this bestiality; its not the moment to give judgement, and anyway the use of terms like "fat america" "lesson" and the phrase about "poor origin" makes me shudder, this is racism!!
I hope your words are not what u real think
Nibbio
4° Stormo C.T. "F. Baracca"

Offline Keez

• Copper Member
poetics dot
« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2001, 08:54:00 AM »
EagleC, you really did it this time.

I dont give toejam about what your sick and disturbed ideas are, you are not worthy being noticed for that. But to write things like these less than 24 hours after the disaster!

By doing this you have shown a complete lack of social skills. A complete abscence of human dignity. Like you do not care about others, as if you are socially so disturbed that you think people do not have feelings. EagleC: You just seriously made my ignore list. And I dont care if you care.

Offline Naso

• Silver Member
      • http://www.4stormo.it
poetics dot
« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2001, 09:44:00 AM »
Originally posted by Adjuster:
I am concerned that Orel put up that post and would like to add that it in no way represents the views of any other members of the squad and I hope that we will not be all tarred with the same brush as Orel

Adjuster

Only if you promise to not organize other tiffie raids on knight's fields.  ;)

EagleC... no comment.

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
poetics dot
« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2001, 10:28:00 AM »

Adjuster

Tar and feather the bastard, and if you give him sanctuary, I'll head on you guys every chance I can   :)

Sounds like good reason to be ejected from a squad....

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
poetics dot
« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2001, 11:35:00 AM »
Exactly the same thing could happen to anyone on Russian forums, after explosions in Moscow...

I just imagine any alien foreigner saying that it's because evil Russians bombed proud Chechens. BTW, I still remember some people here blaming Russians for explosions in Moscow last summer, and saying that Chechens simply have nothing else to do.  :(

The title isn't very smart.

The post isn't in a good English, and it makes it sound offencive. I bet he didn't mean it.

One of the Russian politicians said yesterday that the problem is that things like this happen as the result of a double-standards in dealing with terrorists.

What sadly surprised me was that every hour on Euronews they showed Reagan announcing the bobming of Lybia in 1986, and Clingon in 1998 declaring bombings of Afghanistan. Why didn't they show us Lindon Johnson starting the Hanoi air raids?...

The best answer on such a terrible act should be to find EVERY bastard that took part in preparing it and then execute him, so that the whole world will know that noone can escape justice. And the hardest, but the most impotant part of it is not to act in anger.

Do your best to find them, and believe me, you can rely on Czechs, Russians or Serbs, on every sane person. I hope we all will be able to help you.

I sound pathetic again, but I really wish we'll find them, and find them fast.

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.raf303.org/
poetics dot
« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2001, 11:37:00 AM »
Well put.

Offline Replicant

• Gold Member
poetics dot
« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2001, 12:33:00 PM »

Adjuster

May I apologise on behalf of the Firebirds for 'Orels' provocative BBS post.  I have messaged him privately asking for an edit or re-title on this said post.  We are all upset with his post as you are.  This of course will not take away the bitter taste in your mouths and whatever happens to Orel will not make this terrible terrorist strike disappear.

Being British I have grown up in a culture of terrorism and therefore can truly sympathise with everyone who has suffered in this terrible and cowardly act.

One of the Firebirds pilots, Spider, is an American Firefighter and he could have easily been involved, so please do not persecute the Firebirds.  

God bless all of you.

Regards

Nexx

[ 09-12-2001: Message edited by: Replicant ]
NEXX

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
poetics dot
« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2001, 12:36:00 PM »
Nexx,

As much as I dislike saying it. This twit does carry your squad colors and as a result reflects on your squad. I know you much better than to think he is speaking for you.

Mav
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
poetics dot
« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2001, 12:45:00 PM »
This is not the place for a badly worded post on such a sensitive subject, whatever the intention. That title is really harsh.
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline Voss

• Silver Member
      • http://www.bombardieraerospace.com
poetics dot
« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2001, 01:09:00 PM »
Guys, as much as I disagree with Orel he has a right to state his opinion and views just as much as we do. He used extremely poor judgment here, particularly in the timing of his post, but consider first that he does not have a complete understanding of English and things start to fall into place.

"Two wrongs don't make a right," could well replace that first portion. The second part was just completely ill-advised this soon after such a cowardly attack. Five words like that can really sting, but I don't think he intended to take a stab at us. No, I think ignorance is at the forefront here.

We don't need to run off any fliers, or gamers, because some religious fanatic acted in a cowardly way (even having cost us so dearly).

Orel, I strongly suggest you say your apologies before it is too late.

Offline CJ

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.geocities.com/typhoonc77
poetics dot
« Reply #42 on: September 12, 2001, 01:54:00 PM »
I've talked to dozens of muslims, and regardless of where they are from, almost all try to justify this act, and categorize it as a great victory against the US.  One even asked me if I trust in my government anymore since they demonstrated that they are "unable to protect me".  This one who said that was once a good friend of mine, and I don't expect to ever talk to her again.  They also cite the attack on Iraq, and conveniently forget Hussein's attack on Kuwait first.  They also mention the people dancing in the streets in Indonesia, and Jordan, not to mention other countries mentioned on the media.  

Some questions.
   How can these people be intelligent?  One minute they're trying desperately to get out of their countries because they are such toejam holes, and the next, when a horrible, cowardly, sneak attack happens to succeed against a country like the US they suddenly become PATROITS!  What the hell??  Are they civilized humans or animals?  Will anyone here forget how uncivilized these people are, after it's all over, and rip into the US goverment, condemning the US's actions in attempting to cure this disease?  (no, I know all muslims aren't bad, just the ones who justify this attack in any way, shape or form)

Offline CJ

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.geocities.com/typhoonc77
poetics dot
« Reply #43 on: September 12, 2001, 01:56:00 PM »
By the way,
   Our soldiers aren't "fat", but they are well equipt, trained, and motivated.

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
poetics dot
« Reply #44 on: September 12, 2001, 02:45:00 PM »
I've read through this thread 10 times now... and I just can't figure out what this tragedy has taught the FDBs anybody that it didn't teach the rest of us.

AKDejaVu