Author Topic: The Death Penalty, for it or against it  (Read 3144 times)

Offline BBQ_Bob

• Silver Member
      • http://uknightedstates.net
The Death Penalty, for it or against it
« on: April 18, 2005, 01:44:55 AM »
Allen Lee Davis was convicted of killing a pregnant Jacksonville woman and her two young daughters on May 11, 1982. Davis was convicted of murdering Nancy Weiler, a Westinghouse executive's wife in Jacksonville who was three months pregnant when she was killed in 1982. Mrs. Weiler was "beaten almost beyond recognition," with a .357, hit over 25 times in the face and head. Her 9-year-old daughter Kristina was tied up and shot twice in the face, and her 5-year-old daughter Katherine was shot as she was trying to run away and then her skull was beaten in with the gun. The Davis execution drew attention after he had a nose bleed in the elctric chair, and a Florida Supreme Court justice published as part of his dissent in another case Department of Corrections photos of Davis immediately following the execution with a shirt covered in blood. Davis was on parole for armed robbery at the time of the murders.

I came across these photos of a murderer named Allen Lee Davis http://awful.rotten.com/chair/davis.html  I read what his crime was and I personally think he got what he deserved. What do you think?
(disclaimer, shows an execution)
« Last Edit: April 18, 2005, 02:01:12 AM by BBQ_Bob »
UKNIGHTED Propaganda Minister
"There are no Hells Angels in the MA, never"

"they are nowhere near the airport ..they are lost in the desert...they can not read a compass...they are retarded."

For a good time ~~ www.uknightedstates.net

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2005, 02:35:35 AM »
We need to kill more of these people who hurt kids, and drop the cruel and unusual thing when we do it.
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline Skydancer

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2005, 02:48:27 AM »
The internet is a sick sick place sometimes!

If we'd had the deathpenalty these inoccent men would be dead!

The Birmingham six.
( the middle guy is the brief )

And they are just some!
« Last Edit: April 18, 2005, 02:51:05 AM by Skydancer »

Offline bunch

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
      • http://hitechcreations.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?&forumid=17
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2005, 06:32:16 AM »
On a lighter note, i beat the rap on a speeding ticket basing my defense on the fact that my ground speed indicator was screwed up

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2005, 11:44:44 AM »
I am for the death penalty, especially if it is beyond a shadow of a doubt that someone did it.  Although due process must be followed.

As for how to do it:

I say hangings are the way to go.  Build a galloes right in the center of death row, and make sure the inmates have unrestricted view of it.  

Cheapest way would be for the condemend inmate to go into the backyard cemetary beyond the prison, dig his own grave, then have the executioner have the condemend inmate stand over his grave, then shoot him in the base of the skull with a .22.  Inmate falls into hole, and they bury his butt.  Case closed.
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline Skydancer

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2005, 11:51:25 AM »
Sorry but too many times for comfort has due process been followed convictions "beyond any reasonable doubt" have followed only to have been found unsound by new forensic developments or new evidence to have come to light.

Undoubtably the guy in the origional post is a sick and evil man. Who should be locked away for life in very uncomfortable conditions. But If the death penalty existed over here too many innocent people would have died unneccasarily. ( my spelling stinks! )

Besides death is sometimes the easy way out. For many I would suggest its more of a punishment to have to live with what you have done.

So no death penalty thanks.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2005, 11:53:29 AM by Skydancer »

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2005, 11:57:50 AM »
DEATH.

and more death. I'd like to see quick executions for those convicted of capital crimes where there was significant supporting DNA evidence.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2005, 12:18:59 PM »
On principal I am all for it. Some people are so evil and commit crimes so bad that should never be allowed to interact with other good humans again. They do not deserve to be rehabilitated.  The best way to remove these worthless humans is to kill them. That was they will never harm again.

I include child molesters, rapists and murderers in this group.

Another point of interest is all the new tech that is used to get guys off death row as innocent, can and will be used to put future people on death row with even more weight of evidence.

In reality I am against it. Right now it is a waste of money in most states. The court costs and all the appeals waste huge amounts of money. In Cali Death row just means you die of old age waiting for it. They need to streamline the system and make it work before I can stand behind it again.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2005, 01:34:54 PM »
Yes, only in extreme cases of horrific acts and where either absolute proof (DNA, Camera/Video) or a confession does exist.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Samiam

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2005, 01:53:49 PM »
I have three problems with the death penalty:

- Unequal/inadequate legal representation available to those accused. The number of guys on death row who have been exonerated is too many to ignore - while OJ Simpson skates on a crime as horrible as any. It boils down to who got the rotten draw on a PD.

- What GtoRA2 said. Terrible and costly process.

(This is the one I struggle with)

- I couldn't personally pull the lever/push the plunger, so how can I ask someone to do it my behalf? Don't get me wrong, I'd kill without hessitation to eliminate an immediate threat to myself or someone else. And I don't think I'd have any trouble executing someone after the fact if I knew first hand that the person killed someone I was close to. But in the general sense, I couldn't personally execute a stranger convicted   by someone else for a crime I didn't have first-hand knowledge of. So I have a hard time expecting someone else to do it in my name.

Offline Siaf__csf

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2005, 02:06:38 PM »
You forget that there are many people who would oppositely get pleasure in fulfilling your order samiam.

The current system with death sentences needs a revamp anyway. Didn't they recently discover that at least 10% of the people currently in death row are statistically innocent?

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2005, 02:13:28 PM »
who discovered that 10% of death row guys are innocent?  If that is true then we need to review the evidence...   Once that jhappens we need to put however many are guilty out of their misery with a leathal injection asap.

lazs

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2005, 02:19:58 PM »
I favor the death penalty in cases where there is absolutely no question about the accused's guilt.  

I don't quite follow SkyDancer's logic though - I mean it seems a terrible breach of justice to me whether we kill an innocent man or lock him up for the majority of his life.   Personally, I think I'd rather be killed than spend my life in a prison cell.

I guess I'm in favor of justice that is swift, sure, and reasonably inexpensive (Meaning no government funded study programs for inmates, no cable TV, no workout rooms, etc).

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2005, 02:21:46 PM »
agin it.

Offline Pooh21

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2005, 02:45:41 PM »
Originally posted by midnight Target
Hellya Tweets. It would be much more humane to inject her with whatever. We just lack the scrotalbearings to do it.
Bis endlich der Fiend am Boden liegt.
Bis Bishland bis Bishland bis Bishland wird besiegt!