Author Topic: Killers lurking everwhere  (Read 520 times)

Offline FUNKED1

• Platinum Member
      • http://soldatensender.blogspot.com/
Killers lurking everwhere
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2005, 11:13:53 PM »
I knew you were loafing at work but isn't going outside taking bird pictures a bit much?  Or did you move to Boeing?

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2005, 11:17:48 PM »
It can be light as much as 16 hours a day here funky. I only work 8 of them. Though, that owl shot was taken at 10:30 this morning as I informed the engineers I was going for a long walk and they could page me if they ****ed anything up bad enough to need my services. After the last 3 weeks of hell, they owed me.

Offline Sparks

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2005, 02:36:29 AM »
MiniD you'll love the 100-400.  Got one myself and it's the dogs whatsits.   Just got a 10-22 EF-S as well - can reccomend that too.

Offline bunch

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
      • http://hitechcreations.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?&forumid=17
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2005, 03:16:54 AM »
Great birds of prey for your photographing pleasure at Pearson Field (Vancouver, WA  - just east of I-5 after crossing the Columbia).  i see eagles, hawks, kestrels & herons there just about every time i go.  The kestrels will pose for you.  Nice inorganic aircraft there also

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2005, 03:30:23 AM »
Aaargh Bird picshures here too now!!! MiniWee is STALKING US!!!1111
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2005, 03:30:40 AM »

FLUFFY! NO!!! IT KILLED FLUFFY!

Offline Stone

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2005, 04:37:35 AM »
I think Fluffy is ok.

He just like to hang around the big birds.

Offline Torque

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2005, 12:28:28 PM »
The L glass is worth the bucks. Still kinda soft on the far and short end but hey with a 100-400 mm range can't complain.

it's time we saw some birds that don't have feathers...

Btw, can you id these?

Offline ChickenHawk

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2005, 01:14:55 PM »
Great pics Mini D.  Where abouts in Portland?  My dad's an avid birdwatcher and if it's a good place I'll recommed it next time he's in town.

Originally posted by bunch
Great birds of prey for your photographing pleasure at Pearson Field (Vancouver, WA  - just east of I-5 after crossing the Columbia).  i see eagles, hawks, kestrels & herons there just about every time i go.  The kestrels will pose for you.  Nice inorganic aircraft there also

An interesting side note:  While chatting with one of the old guys at Pearson, he told me the DC3 sitting out there was purchaced by Eddie Rickenbacker for Eastern Airlines.  He also said there is only one other plane in the world that has more flying time, a 747 somewhere.  Can't verify any of this, was just what one of the museum guys told me.
Do not attribute to malice what can be easily explained by incompetence, fear, ignorance or stupidity, because there are millions more garden variety idiots walking around in the world than there are blackhearted Machiavellis.

Offline Seeker

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2005, 01:46:36 PM »
Bueatifull pix; MiniD.

Offline bunch

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
      • http://hitechcreations.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?&forumid=17
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2005, 11:43:01 PM »
Originally posted by ChickenHawk
Great pics Mini D.  Where abouts in Portland?  My dad's an avid birdwatcher and if it's a good place I'll recommed it next time he's in town.

An interesting side note:  While chatting with one of the old guys at Pearson, he told me the DC3 sitting out there was purchaced by Eddie Rickenbacker for Eastern Airlines.  He also said there is only one other plane in the world that has more flying time, a 747 somewhere.  Can't verify any of this, was just what one of the museum guys told me.

Yeah, i was surprised at the amount of significant at Person Field, considering i'd never heard of it & i've read hundreds of aviation history books.  Am reading Rickenbacker's autobiography presently so maybe i'll learn some more  about that DC-3 soon (he is not even a race car driver yet, i'm only just started & on page 14)...& excellent birdlife there as well

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2005, 11:58:18 PM »
Originally posted by ChickenHawk
Hehehe... all those pictures were taken from the wetlands at work (Intel plant in Hillsboro). Visitors are not allowed as the hawk demonstrates.

Offline Heretic

• Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2005, 03:00:29 AM »
Torque,

Your pic is of a drake and hen Redbreasted Merganser.

Offline FUNKED1

• Platinum Member
      • http://soldatensender.blogspot.com/
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2005, 04:49:21 AM »
MiniDrip