Author Topic: Cant use ctrl or alt keys in keyboard map  (Read 381 times)

Offline Demman

• Zinc Member
Cant use ctrl or alt keys in keyboard map
« on: April 17, 2005, 12:03:44 AM »
I'm trying to map some ctrl and alt key combos in keyboard map, but the dialog box won't let me select the ctrl or alt keys to set key with.

How do I set something that's currently mapped to "none" to a ctrl- or alt- key combo?

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2005, 10:31:48 AM »
OK, here you go.
1- You first select the command you want to change in the list of all keystrokes.
2- Then click on the modifier key Ctrl, Alt or Shift.
3- Click on the keystroke itself.
4- Hit the 'set input' button and it should work.

If the command is in use you'll get a prompt asking if you want to overwrite it. I try to stick to default keys because you never know when HTC will add a feature and use the keystroke your using for something else. Then again I use a hotas setup and use the kbd for yapping and whinning.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Demman

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2005, 01:54:48 PM »
Therein lies the sticky part -- when I highlight the command I want to map, "Stick Set 1", there *is* no Ctrl or Alt key to click on.

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2005, 02:57:08 PM »
Ahhh, the stick map and not the keyboard map. Let me check.

EDIT- OK, using joystick buttons you can't or don't need the modifiers, Ctrl, Alt, Shft, when using the stickmap. The button you use would do the command.
If you want to use modifiers on joystick buttons you would have to use a macro for the joystick button and use the keymap to set the key or the joystick software to set the button up.
I use Speedkeys and only have my joystick buttons 1,2 and 3 set in keymap to enable CM eye so I have little actual experience stickmapping. I could be wrong.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2005, 03:05:48 PM by fuzeman »
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Demman

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2005, 08:10:04 PM »
No, not in "stick map", in "keyboard map".

Under Global, there's "Stick Set 1" "Stick Set 2" "Stick Set 3" etc.

They are currently mapped to "none".  I want to map them to Alt+1, Alt+2, Alt+3 etc.

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2005, 08:36:41 PM »
Some actions have modifiers available, others do not. We live with it. :rolleyes:
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline Clifra Jones

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2005, 03:42:15 PM »
Yup, from what I've been able to gather there are some commands that cannot be used with a Key modifier. Views in particular. I've been looking for an answer to this for a while and this is the only one I've ever got. As OZZ said, we live with it.

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2005, 04:30:52 PM »
Originally posted by Demman
No, not in "stick map", in "keyboard map".

Under Global, there's "Stick Set 1" "Stick Set 2" "Stick Set 3" etc.

They are currently mapped to "none".  I want to map them to Alt+1, Alt+2, Alt+3 etc.
Those combinations are hard coded in the game.  I'd suggest you use /*-+ on the keypad instead and move the rpm settings to [] unless you have zoom set there.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001