Author Topic: x52 Configuration Help  (Read 293 times)

Offline Karash

• Copper Member
x52 Configuration Help
« on: April 21, 2005, 09:42:57 PM »
Hey all,

I am a total dweeb first of all, so go easy :p

Second, I have acquired a x52 Saitek setup (stick plus throttle), and I was wondering if there was any configuration help I could get.  Haven't played around with Saitek's software just yet, but AH only sees one hat switch (for instance).  Anyone know how to set this puppy up past the basic settings?  Like I am wanting to set up my auto trims, voice chat, manual trims, POV changes, etc etc

Thanks! (hopefully!)

Karash

P.S. - Yes I know everyone says get CH products, but my budget isnt that big, so I got this :)

Offline Cyan

• Zinc Member
      • http://NA
x52 Configuration Help
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2005, 07:52:58 AM »
Hey mate,

Do a search for my name Cyan and you will see a post where I asked that question and someone posted their setup files.

I modded them slightly but they worked GREAT!

Cheers and good luck.

Offline Ohio43

• Copper Member
x52 Configuration Help
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2005, 10:28:48 AM »
You have to go into the joystick set-up in game to map the hats to the function you want to do with them.  Only the primary hat is pre-mapped for basic side views.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
x52 Configuration Help
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2005, 12:21:01 PM »
here are my x45 and x52 files

they are setup to use rotors for trim and ch pro peds for rudders

somewhere to start from anyways.. gl

AH Saitek Profiles
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Karash

• Copper Member
x52 Configuration Help
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2005, 12:25:02 PM »
Thanks guys!

Last night another dweeb and I worked pretty hard setting up a good config.  I will try to share it if I ever finish it :)

I dont have pedals, so my twist is my rudder.

Offline TexMurphy

• Silver Member
x52 Configuration Help
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2005, 03:57:52 PM »
Karash.

AH stick setup is bit "special" as you first map each "logical function" (buttons, axis, hats, rotatory swiches, ect ect) to a device (joystick, pedals, mouse, what ever) and THEN you map the "logical functions" to "ingame functions" (fire, roll, pitch, swich weapon, ect ect).

Each "logical" function can be mapped to a different device. So in theory you could have like 3 joysticks.

When I was using my old stick and it was worn out I use its throttle (Thrustmaster AB2) and the stick of my "travell joystick" Logitech Freedom. So you can map in tons of ways.

Tex.

Offline Karash

• Copper Member
x52 Configuration Help
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2005, 04:05:16 PM »
Sounds good tex, maybe you can stay up late one night and help me out :aok

...On more than just the config...lol