Author Topic: So there I was in the CT with....  (Read 508 times)

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
So there I was in the CT with....
« on: April 21, 2005, 01:47:23 AM »
nothing but a 38G and full fuel.  No one in there, but I thought I'd check out the map and just go flying.

As I'm driving I notice there is someone in there.  Some guy is in a 109E.  OK fair enough.  I'm way heavy on fuel but what the heck.  In he comes, and he promptly starts trying to face shoot me.  I duck under and we go round and round a few and he dies.  

Back he comes again and we do the same act again, he misses the face shot and I end up knocking his engine out.  I see his prop stop, so I leave him be so he can ditch it.  Just having fun after all.

Out he comes again and we go round and I get him again.

He comes back a fourth time and after missing the face shot he runs back to his own field ack.  At this point it's getting silly so in I go after him and as we turn in the ack, it knocks out one of my engines.

Out I go to at least get out of the ack.  He follows me out and we go round and round and it ends up lined up for another face shot.  This time I figure what the heck, I'm single engine and down to just my 50s so I let fly as he does and he blows up and I blow up.

Never did really get to check out Oldman's handywork, which was why I went in to the CT in the first place.

Interesting place ya got there Oldman :)

Dan/CorkyJr
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2005, 03:56:11 AM »
name! we need a name!
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
Re: So there I was in the CT with....
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2005, 06:47:54 AM »
Originally posted by Guppy35
Interesting place ya got there Oldman :)

I figure you probably ran into someone who, in Monopoly parlance, was "just visiting."  Anyone who flies the Emil at all knows that the head-on attack is not a likely road to success.  MA tactics in this setup really only work for the Hurri II and the 110.

Sorry that there wasn't anyone in there.  It's killing me this week that my controller isn't working and I'm missing this setup.

- oldman (well....not that it isn't working, you understand, it's just that I can't figure out how to make it work for me)

Offline plank

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2005, 07:44:23 AM »
Yep, sounds like a CT tourist. Whenever there is only one person in the arena I find that typically it's either Oldman or someone I've never heard of or seen before.

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2005, 11:40:12 AM »
I checked his stats later.  Looks like it was a relative AH newbie.  Definately hadn't been in CT before.

Dan/CorkyJr
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Sabre

• Gold Member
      • Rich Owen
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2005, 01:57:24 PM »
I managed to get time to fly for the first time in a week, and went in for an hour last night.  I had a great time, and thank everyone for some great fights.  I flew the P-40 for most of my sorties, and actually landed 3 out of four (dead-stick once, but hey...any landing you can walk away from, right?).   Eagler, Sehob, DaddyAck, and all the rest!
Sabre
"The urge to save humanity almost always masks a desire to rule it."

Offline bcee

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2005, 02:59:45 PM »
least someone was there at that time....by the way thanks for the good fights the last couple a nites guys....

Offline BBQ_Bob

• Silver Member
      • http://uknightedstates.net
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2005, 03:26:28 PM »
Combat Theater, I  have never been there but fly in FSO, whats the difference other than FSO being more popular?
UKNIGHTED Propaganda Minister
"There are no Hells Angels in the MA, never"

"they are nowhere near the airport ..they are lost in the desert...they can not read a compass...they are retarded."

For a good time ~~ www.uknightedstates.net

Offline bcee

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2005, 05:19:59 PM »
OK i`m ingnorant, whats FSO...Fabryka Samochodow Osobowych..friends of sea otters......gawd i`m like ned in the 3rd grade reader...........

Offline kevykev56

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2005, 09:08:09 PM »
Originally posted by bcee
OK i`m ingnorant, whats FSO...Fabryka Samochodow Osobowych..friends of sea otters......gawd i`m like ned in the 3rd grade reader...........

Next Setup

Friday Squad Ops (FSO)
RHIN0 Retired C.O. Sick Puppies Squadron