Author Topic: Local USA fuel prices?  (Read 1986 times)

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Local USA fuel prices?
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2001, 10:22:00 AM »
The govenor of Texas announced this morning that anyone in the gas, rental car, airline reservation business that is found to be gouging will be dealt with very quickly,  He announced an emergency number for people of the state to Texas to call if they are subjected to this.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
Local USA fuel prices?
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2001, 12:00:00 PM »
45 minutes after the first attack gas was $1.39 a gallon at a stretch of stations.  Less than 20 minutes after the first tower collapsed I went by those same stations and gas had jumped to $1.49, $1.79 and $1.89.  However this morning all those stations were back down to $1.49.  Still a $0.10 a gallon increase over the same time yesterday.  To me that is still gouging the price when two exits down the interstate have not increased their cost per gallon even one penny.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline Nifty

• Platinum Member
Local USA fuel prices?
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2001, 12:52:00 PM »
still $1.36/gal when I went to lunch.

True, the price to the retailers will probably go up soon.  But that's on the gas that they will be buying, not what they've already paid for in their tanks right now.  What Reschke is reporting is gouging for sure.
proud member of the 332nd Flying Mongrels, noses in the wind since 1997.

Offline Fatty

• Gold Member
      • http://www.fatdrunkbastards.com
Local USA fuel prices?
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2001, 01:20:00 PM »
Just filled, no line, $1.36 in austin.

Offline Paxil

• Copper Member
      • http://marathontoathens.blogspot.com
Local USA fuel prices?
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2001, 01:30:00 PM »
Last night the line at the gas stations in my local (small town) were all packed with about 20-30 cars. I just laughed! WHAT were those people thinking? It was panic. My own car... having about 1/4 a tank and quite a commute to work, needed some fuel but I knew the lines would gone by morning... heck... everyone in town was already in line! I knew every car in town could be fueled in a few hours... By morning there no one there. Prices went up about 20 cents though.

Offline mrfish

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Local USA fuel prices?
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2001, 01:37:00 PM »
people often toss their money into commodoties (gold, oil, farm products etc) when events may devalue other investments that depend on unstable economic variables.

in otherwords, if this crash makes a company go broke, their shares are worth nothing whereas oil, gold etc will always be worth some value regardless.

this may play with the oil price a bit but most of it is panic exploiting gouging at the owner-operator level. someone with a better knowledge of economics may be able to explain it better.

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
Local USA fuel prices?
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2001, 03:31:00 PM »
Went out today and prices are still the same around Salem.

SOB
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline majic

• Silver Member
Local USA fuel prices?
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2001, 04:00:00 PM »
Even if supply price increases were announced yesterday, they did not have to pay more for the gas already in their tanks.  Our local gas stations are notorious for this kind of thing.  It sickens me.