Author Topic: No tracers option - discussion  (Read 1375 times)

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
No tracers option - discussion
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2005, 09:21:46 AM »
I stopped using them because all of the new smoke effects made it so that I couldn't see if I was getting hits. It hasn't improved my gunnery...but, at least I can see when I get a hit. :)
NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline DamnedRen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2005, 09:37:25 AM »
I only have tracers on when I forget I had em on in the TA and didn't reset em to "off".

As far as noob's are concerned....most vets shoot at ranges from 200-300 yds. Tracers on or off won't make much difference. If they fire beyond those ranges its to get a noob to turn so they can close and shoot him down at 200-300 yds. Again tracers on or off at those distances matter little because the vets plans a ping or two to get him to turn. If the guy sees the tracers and breaks he did what the vet wanted him to do. If the guy takes a ping without tracers the vet gets the same effect.

IMHO, they're fine as is.

Offline DipStick

• Gold Member
      • http://www.theblueknights.com
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2005, 10:22:24 AM »
I'm with NB. Tried to put them on awhile for 'emmersion' but quickly realised I could see squat.

Bottom line, all those of us who don't use them (which is 50% or more) will stay that way until:

(a) they are reduced by about 1/2
(b) HT removes the "no tracers" button. ;)

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2005, 10:29:04 AM »
any rookie who hasnt worked out how to get to the stall limiter and other options deserves to get shot down constantly, eventually being turned away from the game if they don't learn to wise up and improve their game.

i use tracers, they look better in films and dont stop me shooting well. i dont care if someone knows im shooting at them because hopefully they will be dead in a matter of seconds anyhow.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline DamnedRen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2005, 11:05:17 AM »
Mechanic has a point. His "lets get rid of all noob's that are having a hard time" has merit.

Pity that he doesn't realize when enough leave from that type of attitude he'll end up playing with himself.

Offline Silat

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2005, 12:43:11 PM »
Originally posted by DamnedRen
Mechanic has a point. His "lets get rid of all noob's that are having a hard time" has merit.

Pity that he doesn't realize when enough leave from that type of attitude he'll end up playing with himself.

Ren I think he was playing with himself long before AH came into his life:)
+Silat
"The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them." — Maya Angelou
"Conservatism offers no redress for the present, and makes no preparation for the future." B. Disraeli
"All that serves labor serves the nation. All that harms labor is treason."

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2005, 01:08:00 PM »
yeah but i dont let AH get in the way even now, i still make time for it.

Ren, i know we could start a huge thread about some crap but i cant be bothered.

my opinion simply states that this game has got a certain level of common sense as a required trait.

there are plenty of games that require no patience or interest and they will make a certain tye of player happier.

one can't expect everybody to subscribe after their two weeks.

simply, the argument that no tracers is unfair to noobs is not one i agree with. and i am a tracer user.

bat

*refrains from putting wry flame final comment*
:D
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline DamnedRen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2005, 01:20:26 PM »
LOL. Actually you said;

"any rookie who hasnt worked out how to get to the stall limiter and other options deserves to get shot down constantly, eventually being turned away from the game if they don't learn to wise up and improve their game. "

Wouldn't have been so much nicer had you just typed;

"i use tracers, they look better in films and dont stop me shooting well. i dont care if someone knows im shooting at them because hopefully they will be dead in a matter of seconds anyhow."

All by it's lil ole self?

That is why I responded. Most of the other folks responded to thread with an answer to the question that the dude asked. Is it so hard for you to do the same? Or, as Silat says you do play with yourself alot but apparantly not enough to leave your wise remarks at home. :D

Or did I miss something here?
Ren

Offline DipStick

• Gold Member
      • http://www.theblueknights.com
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2005, 01:25:52 PM »
Damn ren you ARE a glutton for punishment aren't you?

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2005, 01:27:13 PM »
who the hell are you to tell me when to say my opinion.

thats not a question.

enough.

enjoy your crusade, its going really well.

edit: and dont put words in my mouth..

ie: "lets get rid of all noob's that are having a hard time"

thats what women do, drives me nuts.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2005, 01:31:38 PM by mechanic »

Offline DamnedRen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2005, 01:36:30 PM »
Me? I'm just another player who answers peoples questions.

You? I know what you are. Just like your opinion I can say whatever I want about your opinion, right? So, that's who I am.

For the noob's, I just want to make sure they understand the game doesn't totally consist of dudes like you and they can actually get help when they ask for it.

They really need to know there is only a small minority of vocal dudes who just gotta mouth off at every question asked or statement made.  :aok

Ren

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2005, 01:42:56 PM »
ME:
any rookie who hasnt worked out how to get to the stall limiter and other options deserves to get shot down constantly, eventually being turned away from the game if they don't learn to wise up and improve their game.
i use tracers, they look better in films and dont stop me shooting well. i dont care if someone knows im shooting at them because hopefully they will be dead in a matter of seconds anyhow.

Ren:

Me:
Ren, i know we could start a huge thread about some crap but i cant be bothered.
my opinion simply states that this game has got a certain level of common sense as a required trait.
there are plenty of games that require no patience or interest and they will make a certain tye of player happier.
simply, the argument that no tracers is unfair to noobs is not one i agree with. and i am a tracer user.

bat

*refrains from putting wry flame final comment*

Ren
LOL. Actually you said;

"any rookie who hasnt worked out how to get to the stall limiter and other options deserves to get shot down constantly, eventually being turned away from the game if they don't learn to wise up and improve their game. "
Wouldn't have been so much nicer had you just typed;
"i use tracers, they look better in films and dont stop me shooting well. i dont care if someone knows im shooting at them because hopefully they will be dead in a matter of seconds anyhow."
All by it's lil ole self?
That is why I responded. Most of the other folks responded to thread with an answer to the question that the dude asked. Is it so hard for you to do the same? Or, as Silat says you do play with yourself alot but apparantly not enough to leave your wise remarks at home.  
Or did I miss something here?
Ren

me:
who the hell are you to tell me when to say my opinion.
thats not a question.
enough. enjoy your crusade, its going really well.
edit: and dont put words in my mouth..
ie: "lets get rid of all noob's that are having a hard time"
thats what women do, drives me nuts.

Ren
Me? I'm just another player who answers peoples questions.

You? I know what you are. Just like your opinion I can say whatever I want about your opinion, right? So, that's who I am.
For the noob's, I just want to make sure they understand the game doesn't totally consist of dudes like you and they can actually get help when they ask for it.
They really need to know there is only a small minority of vocal dudes who just gotta mouth off at every question asked or statement made.  
Ren

------------------------------------------------------------------------

wowwe!  thats some crazy stuff going on there.

ok, so the only thing i misjudged was my energy to argue with you.

sorry about that.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2005, 02:03:53 PM by mechanic »

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2005, 01:47:41 PM »
but look, seriously, before we jump to more concusions.

read it again, you're going mad at me for no reason.

im not even in the BKs squad, leave me alone.

you dont have a clue 'what' i am

Offline culero

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2005, 01:48:35 PM »
Originally posted by mechanic
snip

I agree that we shouldn't dumb the game down to help noobs, so I agree about tracers.

That said, I also know for a fact that new player retention is greatly enhanced by the simple act of experienced players taking time to help noobs get started by being available to and patient enough to answer their questions, so I also agree with what Ren is saying.

culero
“Before we're done with them, the Japanese language will be spoken only in Hell!” - Adm. William F. "Bull" Halsey

Offline DamnedRen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2005, 01:49:18 PM »
Awwwww.

Is the little boy getting all upset at Ren for telling him he's acting like a spoiled baby.

You posted you're not a BK. What does it have to do with them? I'm talking only about your post.

Like you having a opinion....
IMHO if you have nothing to add to a noob's question other than berate him it's better to go pick on other people who don't care what you have to say. Leave your wise at home.
Noob's listen to everything anyone, who's been here longer than they have, says.

Ren
« Last Edit: April 24, 2005, 01:53:48 PM by DamnedRen »