Author Topic: The CT and how people view it.....  (Read 4077 times)

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
The CT and how people view it.....
« on: April 25, 2005, 12:43:14 PM »
Being a history nut, I keep looking at the CT in the hopes it might get to a point where it's a more viable option.

But then I think about what a newbie looking around these boards might see if he decided to try and get an impression of the CT from the CT posts.

And it occurs to me, the impression wouldn't be a good one.

Now I know folks like Oldman are CT regulars, and I know what a class act he is.

Yet if you were to use the CT forum as an indication, you'd come away with the idea that the CT is nothing more then a mini MA with folks wanting it their way, or they're gonna take there ball and go home etc etc.

One of the advantages of the CT should be that it has a core of players in a position of leadership in it's direction.

Yet, some of the more visible folks, and I'll admit it, Storch is one, are coming across in a less then inspiring fashion as of late.  As he represents a squad as well, it doesn't help that some of his squaddies have also come across poorly as of late.

Storch, your heart may be in the right place, but your presentation has been lousy lately.  

Bottom line from my view anyway, is the CT has an image problem that has only been hurt lately with the back biting and sniping.

My suggestion is that the CT development guys come up with a direction soonest, with part of that being a common goal to present themselves as a place where the maturity level has risen to a level above the MA not below it.

I for one, would happily move into a more historically minded arena and get myself clobbered over and over, by more veteran pilots, if I knew it was a place where the caliber of human being was higher.  

But right now, it's no different then the MA and I can sure find more targets, and get clobbered just as well in the MA.

Dan/CorkyJr
Just looking for a reason to move
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline TrueKill

• Silver Member
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2005, 12:50:48 PM »
What would really be nice is if the CT had no scores, no kill messages, and no ch 1 that includes ch200. Some ppl say take out GVs I say thats kinda dumb cuz last time i looked there were GVs in WW2. Another thing that would be cool is no dar. That means no enemy nor friendly. Some thing else would be front line bases have no heavy bombers. Those are just a few things that I think would make the CT alittle more fun.

VWE

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2005, 12:52:25 PM »
Guppy... just shut up and fly. A newbie is going to to get their impressions in the areana not on these boards... you have to  be in game before you ever learn of these boards.

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.vf-17.org
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2005, 12:55:28 PM »
Gee, I wonder where they get their impressions from...........

Offline TrueKill

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2005, 12:57:53 PM »
I kinda have to side with VWE I played this game for like a year and a half before I heard about this BBS.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2005, 12:59:36 PM »
sorry vwe, you're simply wrong in that statement.  you're also forgetting many MA people might read the boards before entering the CT.

as i view it, your squad (in general and a few individuals in particular) has simply become rank-obsessed for whatever reason.

i also understand how defensive and snippity you guys are becoming with the bashing you've been taking, but... step back and look at the overall picture of why this may be occurring.

I still maintain JG54 would be a mediocre MA/events squad at best.  ;)
« Last Edit: April 25, 2005, 01:07:37 PM by Shane »
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

VWE

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2005, 01:01:00 PM »
SA2, every time you get a couple of kills tonight I'll be there to take em away from you... just like any other night you venture into the CT. :D

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2005, 01:01:45 PM »
wow, such a friendly group to boot!

makes one wonder why  some would want  the association
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline TrueKill

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2005, 01:07:18 PM »
ok stfu about that scorepotato crap im tired of it jsut cuz we have good ranks dont mean we are scorewhoring.

Top 10 ppl in the CT I guess thos other 5 non JG54ers are scorepotatos if we are huh.

TrueKill
BigMax
N7
VWE001
jamusta
storch
joedog
Eagler  
KONG  
sehob
« Last Edit: April 25, 2005, 01:10:03 PM by TrueKill »

VWE

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2005, 01:07:48 PM »
Eagler, the boards are the boards and the areana is the areana... do I ever not clear your six or ask before engaging a contact when your flying on our side? Too many people in here can't seem to recognise tongue in cheek when they read it, guess they can't hear my tone of voice in text.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2005, 01:14:41 PM »
with apologies to Jeff Foxworthy...

when you're out there hitting objects with a pt boat... you might be a scorepotato.

when you're out there capturing bases.... you might be a scorepotato.

when you horde, base hug and land only 1-2 kills a sortie... you might be a scorepotato.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2005, 01:17:19 PM »
exactly vwe

to many, it comes across just wrong and I believe hurts the CT

most ppl are happy in MA, flying and dying. They need a reason/excuse to try CT out. Last thing they want is the nasty taste this board is putting in their mouth before they even try it out

tk
it takes nothing to score in the top ten in CT, I am proof of that.

btw, you notice Eskimo's score? He is waiting his time to shoot into #1 b4 month's end and grab it for the tour.  :)
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline TrueKill

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2005, 01:25:25 PM »
Originally posted by Shane
with apologies to Jeff Foxworthy...

when you're out there hitting objects with a pt boat... you might be a scorepotato.

when you're out there capturing bases.... you might be a scorepotato.

when you horde, base hug and land only 1-2 kills a sortie... you might be a scorepotato.

I only drive PTs in the PAC setup to hit fleets.

I take bases so we can have a different place to fight.

Yes I horde another way of puting it is I fly with my squad but you would know anything about that would you. And no when im outa ammo and/or gas landing is faster the taxing to the rearm pad and waiting 30secs. So I land and get back to the fight faster. Does wanting to get back in the air to go fight make me a score potato? Cuz if so thats the only thing that makes me a scorepotato and that would make most the ppl in AH scorepotatos. So why dont you shut up and go find someone else to call something that thier not.

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2005, 01:31:53 PM »
I still maintain JG54 would be a mediocre MA/events squad at best

wow...you sure woke up in a good mood...much higher mark then I'd give em:)...but then again we never do see them in the SA do we....cant bring the training wheels along I guess.

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2005, 01:31:56 PM »
Originally posted by VWE
Guppy... just shut up and fly. A newbie is going to to get their impressions in the areana not on these boards... you have to  be in game before you ever learn of these boards.

I rest my case

Dan/CorkyJr
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters