Author Topic: The CT and how people view it.....  (Read 4004 times)

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
The CT and how people view it.....
« Reply #150 on: April 26, 2005, 08:55:47 PM »
How DO you work the views?

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

storch

« Reply #151 on: April 26, 2005, 09:00:00 PM »
Originally posted by humble
How DO you work the views?

the hats on the throttle for my level views I use the thumb one. for my up views I use the index finger one the only buttons I use on the top of the joystick is the b button for wep which I work with my right index finger.

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #152 on: April 26, 2005, 09:40:19 PM »
I mapped the "pinkie" switch as my "up" view...so I get 2 sets of views from the 1 hat....you could use the "thumb" hat for level...pinkie or such adds up on same hat...and have index hat on throttle for trim....

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

storch

« Reply #153 on: April 26, 2005, 10:31:04 PM »
I fire primaries with pinky and secondaries with D on throttle.  both is the traditional trigger on the joystick.  trim I assigned to the rotaries.  roll is index and pitch is thumb.  rudder trim I left on the keyboard J, L keys.

if it wasn't for the x45 I couldn't play this game.....maybe I should sue saitek! :D

I also have CH rudder peds.  not that any of this helps much.  :D

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
« Reply #154 on: April 27, 2005, 12:26:54 AM »
Thats how I have my CH stuff set up humble, pinky is "up" thumb hat on joystick is level views and hat on throttle is elev and roll trim.

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
« Reply #155 on: April 27, 2005, 12:27:27 AM »
LOL, you guys and your sigs....

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
x45
« Reply #156 on: April 27, 2005, 06:08:36 AM »
thumb rotor  = elevator trim
front rotor = rudder trim
rudder rocker = aileron trim

the hats are for viewing, one is regular views and the other is for zoom control & now TrackIR control

anyone else have issues since a patch or two with centering the ball with rudder trim? it use to be rock solid, able to slide it into the center spot and it would stay, drift out slightly after awhile but could then "trim" it back. Now it seems hyper sensitive, hard to get in the center and does not stay there, swings in and out unless you have a "X" command running the show in an auto mode
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

storch

Re: x45
« Reply #157 on: April 27, 2005, 06:36:53 AM »
Originally posted by Eagler
thumb rotor  = elevator trim
front rotor = rudder trim
rudder rocker = aileron trim

the hats are for viewing, one is regular views and the other is for zoom control & now TrackIR control

anyone else have issues since a patch or two with centering the ball with rudder trim? it use to be rock solid, able to slide it into the center spot and it would stay, drift out slightly after awhile but could then "trim" it back. Now it seems hyper sensitive, hard to get in the center and does not stay there, swings in and out unless you have a "X" command running the show in an auto mode

yup that's why I mapped the rudder back to the keyboard it wouldn't stay put when I had it mapped to the rocker.

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #158 on: April 27, 2005, 08:32:46 AM »
Originally posted by Grits
LOL, you guys and your sigs....
:D