Author Topic: The CT and how people view it.....  (Read 4034 times)

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
The CT and how people view it.....
« Reply #120 on: April 26, 2005, 10:15:33 AM »
Originally posted by storch
well except (and this may be my particular problem with my equipment) what happens to me is that as I dive onto a spit and the spit driver executes a chandelle (a climb and turn typically to the left) no matter what my E state (which should be good) as I start to pull the necessary lead on the spit the right wing unexplainably drops at about 225 tas, basically an accellerated stall.  no matter how carefully I imput control it occurs.  now here's the killer not every day and never in the MA.  I don't have the stall limiter enabled but I do use combat trim.

Combat trim might be the problem, back when I was a trainer one of the fundementals we worked on was in fight trimming...primarily just the elevator. I dont use combat trim so Icould be off here....but I think it trims the other two as well. Since it "lags" its never really correct. It's probably inducing that stall as it catchs up.

I want the bird reasonably trimmed for "combat speed level"...then I'll trim the elv as needed...but I dont have screwy inputs to worry about...you've got a "copilot" along adding subtracting inputs.

Tactically it sounds like your prosocuting an initial attack from a pos E position. There are tons of ways to fly...what I "taught" was the tightening E fight....basically on the 1st pass I want to top him out...as he goes up I go up...I dont ever want to get under or sacrifice E or angles for a difficult shot....as he "tops out" on the chandelle I want to be above behind and inverted so I can "rudder" the 109 down on the elbow...normally I wont press that shot either unless its a really good look....but I will force him to break hard...but again I'll stay in the over spot.

To me the biggest strength of the 109 is the rudder in vertical obliques...biggest weakness is the "ragged edge" under deceleration in moderate G "flat" turns....so you cant ever be in plane with the spitty for long since he gains angles and E everysecond. Basically you got to get on top of him and stomp him to death. Thats why I hate the 109....in A ki-61...I'll just tighten the bird up and the spit will pop if it was a good solution (same with F6)...the 109 denies me that option...so in effect Ineed to fly it like a jug and "pop up" over the chandelle invert and pull thru the elbow usingthe 109 rudder instead of the roll of the jug (but same basic move)...but the 109 doesnt have the combat flaps of the jug so I cant convert to angles. So the planes removed two quality options from my bag....so I'm left with the vertical E fight in the oblique...a fight the 109 is designed for and will win virtually every time vs any plane (pilot skill being equal)....

Simply the way it is....

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #121 on: April 26, 2005, 10:29:33 AM »
Originally posted by TexMurphy
So you mean a person who is arrogant arse on forums can be a humble gentleman in game?

Tex
you would not recognize CT the last couple of nights

check it out
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #122 on: April 26, 2005, 10:32:56 AM »
storch

turn combat trim off - learn to manual trim the german planes, all planes if you ask me

I do not have the issue you describe

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #123 on: April 26, 2005, 10:36:54 AM »
Originally posted by TexMurphy
So you mean a person who is arrogant arse on forums can be a humble gentleman in game?

Right ,actually Storch is better ingame than in the forum :)

but I never wrote that :D

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #124 on: April 26, 2005, 11:14:33 AM »
well except (and this may be my particular problem with my equipment) what happens to me is that as I dive onto a spit and the spit driver executes a chandelle (a climb and turn typically to the left) no matter what my E state (which should be good) as I start to pull the necessary lead on the spit the right wing unexplainably drops at about 225 tas, basically an accellerated stall.  no matter how carefully I imput control it occurs.  now here's the killer not every day and never in the MA.  I don't have the stall limiter enabled but I do use combat trim.

I stopped into the DA this morning and checked the 109F4 out...didnt realize I've never flown it in AH2 (had to set all the views:))....Redd and TK were occupied with each other so I went in search of other entertainment. All in all its not a bad bird....but as I said earlier its very restrictive (IMO) in what it lets you do.

I played some cat & mouse with Taki off and on. No question hes a much better stick than I am...but he's primarily a spit/nikki driver and tends to fly the 109 that way (from what I saw)...

Anyway storch I filmed this, basically even against another 109 I never get "in sync"...since I had bb's only I was really just having fun watching Taki...one thing to note is the relatively poor forced shots he's getting...and the guys basically a killing machine.

Finally, got to say the 109 ballistics are really poor...didnt check my convergence before hand but outside of 200 thing is useless IMO...

http://www.azhacker.com/images/109F4.ahf

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

storch

« Reply #125 on: April 26, 2005, 11:46:34 AM »
yup it was the combat trim.  i just called HTC and pyro took the time to help me map them on my x45.  i had them mapped manually in AH1 and never got around to setting them in here.  i took a hop in the ct but since no one was there i had to honk it around by myself in kata fashion. let's see when i apply the bunkai later today.  thanks for the film yourworshipfullness i'll view it later.  the guys in the shop already make enough fun of me because of this game.  imagine what would happen if they saw me taking notes from a cartoon. :D

storch

« Reply #126 on: April 26, 2005, 11:48:52 AM »
Originally posted by straffo
Right ,actually Storch is better ingame than in the forum :)

but I never wrote that :D

shaddap and go add more numbers to your nuclear family, hadji and yasmin are threatening to take over france you know. :D

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #127 on: April 26, 2005, 11:55:21 AM »
yup it was the combat trim.  i just called HTC and pyro took the time to help me map them on my x45.  

Hey Storch , is there a place you can DL the mapping for an X45? Or you just gotta call and hope you get lucky?

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #128 on: April 26, 2005, 12:13:36 PM »
Originally posted by Shifty
Hey Storch , is there a place you can DL the mapping for an X45? Or you just gotta call and hope you get lucky?

X45 AH profile and stuff

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #129 on: April 26, 2005, 12:21:41 PM »
yup it was the combat trim.  i just called HTC and pyro took the time to help me map them on my x45.  i had them mapped manually in AH1 and never got around to setting them in here.  i took a hop in the ct but since no one was there i had to honk it around by myself in kata fashion. let's see when i apply the bunkai later today.  thanks for the film yourworshipfullness i'll view it later.  the guys in the shop already make enough fun of me because of this game.  imagine what would happen if they saw me taking notes from a cartoon. :D

You asked a question and I'm trying to give youa straight up answer on the 109(F) "issues"....wife is sick so I'm "working" from home. Took a 109F up in MA out of curiousity...actually have 2 clips but 1st is long...shows some stuff vs pony/190D/la-7...pony and 190 die...lala survives to fight elsewhere....2nd clip (below) is same hop. Fly toward enemy DAR (and find em)...109 seems fine...is just a bit squirrelly for me. End up with 4 (I think) cons on me...no problem forcing nikki off and thru me...but the 205 driver is in good form...totally forces me out of my game...again he cant hang in the vertical oblique with me and in a 1 on 1 he'd of been gone (least I hope:))....but again he converts to defense very nicely...my SA is shot and he's the "A" threat so I stay on him but somebody pops me before I can reorient.

Simply shows its the pilot that counts...205 doesnt get the kill but he's the guy who really killed me there...anyway its here if you want to look at it.

http://www.azhacker.com/images/109F4inMA.ahf
« Last Edit: April 26, 2005, 12:23:52 PM by humble »

Offline soda72

• Platinum Member
« Reply #130 on: April 26, 2005, 12:25:31 PM »
Originally posted by Eagler
X45 AH profile and stuff

Any mappings for the x52?  

Has anyone been able to use the second hat switch with the x52?

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #131 on: April 26, 2005, 12:27:25 PM »
Thanks Eagler:aok

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #132 on: April 26, 2005, 12:37:34 PM »
guppy, I made a comment to one specific cartoon P38 driver who had happily shot his mouth off about a cartoon squaddy of mine repeatedly in another thread.  it was a response to his own assertations that the P38 was an uber plane.  perhaps he's right. in any event I cartoon nailed him as he was trying to cartoon run away from a cartoon fight after his two cartoon P38yuberfriends got smoked.  apparently he knew who I meant because he whined as was reported by a squaddy.  it was reported that he cried foul and gangyness.  I had remained high and out of the cartoon fight until he attempted to make his cartoon escape.  'twas a nice cherrypick too.  if the cartoon pilot in question recorded it I would like to see the film.  I love animated features.

the second comment was that this was supposed to be dday and not bobII or words to that effect as the ackllieds were typically hanging over the nasty port ack on the cartoon english side.

only two comments.  just so you know I don't read 200 or ch1.  sadly I can't report on who said what to whom regarding this or that.

some of you fellows must have binoculars and are completely aware of all the comings and goings in your neighborhoods.  we need that here.  a sort of CT JG54 crime watch.  good idea you civic minded wonder players.  keep a log too you never can tell when you may need the evidence.

You are missing the point Storch.  You ae a visible representative of both the CT and the CT development group. The latter role giving you in my opinion even greater responsibility in how you present yourself as you clearly have an investment in making the CT work.  

Roughly 3500 posts on these boards, meaning there is some name recognition for folks who pay attention.

Some of us had been flying for a while last night before you appeared.  No one, and I mean no one, had been complaining about anything.  The fights had ebbed and flowed back over the channel.  The conversation on the open channels was respectful and folks were  having fun.

You show up and the first whines show up too.  Somehow people weren't playing it your way is how it came across.  So what if you caught someone in the Ack.  No one was hiding in it.   No complaints about what folks were flying prior to that as well.

Again Storch, for me it comes down to the responsibilty you have with your more visible role in the CT.  You need to help set the tone.

Using BatfinkV as an example.  Last night when I popped in, he was setting the tone.  Respectful, welcoming, talking to both sides of the Channel and working his tail off to find guys from the MA to the TA to come fly the CT.  He never grumbled about a thing and it was great fun flying with him.

And if you look at the posts recently, people noticed something different last night.  That, in my opinion is very much a result of BatfinkV and his efforts.

People seemed to have responded well to it too.  Isn't that what we should want the CT to be like?

Dan/CorkyJr
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

VWE

« Reply #133 on: April 26, 2005, 12:45:21 PM »
Hey Corky... shhhhhhh.... before long you'll be typing a book on every post.

Oops, too late... :D

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #134 on: April 26, 2005, 12:46:48 PM »
Storch I have my elv and airleon (sp?:)) mapped to the "hat" on back of throttle...my X-45 hats are going so I got an X-52...rudder toggle much better then "twisty" IMO. If you you do watch the MA clip you'll see once I get em all on my 6 (which is where I want em SA wise) I auto trim....never touch anything but elv trim after that...I think there are 3 or 4 places where I might have lost the bird on "combat" trim...especially when I'm in the climbing right hander hanging the prop on the 205 and rudder over the other way on him....earlier clip shows 109F in all kinds of "free fall" basically the bird is stalled...but under control....now if I had trim being input to "recover" the bird it would spin for sure....you'll be amazed how much better the birds fly (zeke also) without Combat Trim....