Author Topic: Serial numbers on bullets?  (Read 3103 times)

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
Serial numbers on bullets?
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2005, 09:08:11 AM »
Swoop, it fully depends upon what the bullet is hitting.  There are chances that the bullet is going to be untouched.  There are also chances that the bullet is gonna be smashed and incredibly deformed.
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline Shamus

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2005, 09:15:14 AM »
Originally posted by Gunslinger

think about it, if this solves ONE crime it's worth it.  

No its not.

shamus
one of the cats

FSO Jagdgeschwader 11

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2005, 09:21:57 AM »
So... I put on my Rambo suit, paint my face in camo, smoke a little crack, etc in preparation for a big day of frolicking through society. I load my 4 weapons, that I traded an ounce of meth for, in the car.
I head out........then boom...it hits me. I haven`t got enough ammo. No problem. Wallly World is just around the corner. I run in and grab a few boxes of the latest laser imprinted ammo and continue merrily on my way.
Ummmm...yea.....right!
.....And Madonna is a virgin.

It's not tracking gun owners.

"Legal" gun owners is the ONLY thing it would track. Criminals intent on breaking the law and the ones who make a living from illegal activities don`t give a crap what rules and regs some group with over active imaginations, and very little knowledge on the subject they are adressing passes or comes up with.
The sad part is that most career criminals are a hundred times smarter than the morons coming up with the law to begin with.

I can just imagine this used in court against some average homeowner who has to shoot a burglar, rapist, etc for protection of his family.
  The only thing I can think of offhand that equals this in pure stupidity would be the law that was passed here that stated that pot dealers had to purchase a tax stamp to do business.
  Think about it...we are actualy paying morons like this to come up with this crap with our tax dollars.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2005, 09:34:35 AM by Jackal1 »
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2005, 09:35:50 AM »
now the smugglers can add ammo to their inventory of drugs and guns.

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2005, 09:38:58 AM »
Originally posted by john9001
now the smugglers can add ammo to their inventory of drugs and guns.

They won`t have to be smuggled.
Too easy to make right in your own kitchen or garage, etc.
  Another example of stupid laws being passed to invent and promote more illegal businesses.
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2005, 09:42:42 AM »
Originally posted by lazs2
yes beetle you are correct... democrats do not think that more guns equal less crime... like you... they are wrong. (you did notice that it was a know nothing about guns democrat that made the bill)
But it's not only democrats who disagree that more guns = less crime. I do believe NYC Mayor Mike Bloomberg is a Republican, and he is very anti gun. The NRA thinks he would like to see a complete ban of guns.

But Bloomberg certainly knows about cutting crime. Check out his website: http://www.mikebloomberg.com/accomplishments.cfm

Crime has declined 15% citywide in three years. 2004 was the third year in a row with fewer than 600 homicides, a feat which had not happened for 40 years. According to the FBI, NYC is the safest out of the country's 25 biggest cities.
- achieved by a mayor who does not believe in guns.

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2005, 09:47:31 AM »
Originally posted by Gunslinger
wow....some bad complaints to a good idea.  it's a 1/2 a cent per round.

It is half a cent per round to maintain the record keeping.

I guarantee it costs more than half a cent per round to stanmp every freaking bullet.
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2005, 09:58:06 AM »
Yeah Guns,
 This is Cali, nothing costs what our ultra melon politicians claim it will.

This is just like Don peratas multible attempts at adding a stupid tax to each bullet.

The have failed to ban guns in the state, so now they are going to try and find a way to ban ammo. Or make it so costly no one will buy it.

Do not fool yourself into thinking these "Represenitives of the people" give a **** about crime. They want guns out of everyones hands.

Guns are bah Mkay?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2005, 12:29:23 PM by GtoRA2 »

Offline Raider179

• Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2005, 11:59:40 AM »
Originally posted by Jackal1

"Legal" gun owners is the ONLY thing it would track.

I can just imagine this used in court against some average homeowner who has to shoot a burglar, rapist, etc for protection of his family.

1)Why would "legal" gun owners have anything to worry about?

2) I think if some homeowner shoots someone they arent gonna need the numbers on the bullet to tell who fired the shot.

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2005, 12:11:08 PM »
If MicroSoft made guns, the serial number would be a five part key like xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx. Later guns would have a slot for a disk, which you would have to insert to make sure your bullets were not registered to someone else. If using an XP gun, you would have to call M$ to get an activation code every time you took your gun apart for cleaning, and put it back together again. If you pulled the trigger, a popup flag would appear which asked "are you sure?".

Offline Heretik

• Nickel Member
« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2005, 12:17:47 PM »
^ you would also have to pull the trigger to engage the safety.  Half the bullets in the magazine would go off for no reason at random.

Apple would make a gun that was lighter, easier to shoot, and more accurate but nobody would make ammunition for it.

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2005, 12:22:45 PM »
Raider, for number one, this looks to be the start of registration.  While it's not direct gun registration, it's a small step towards it.  If you take a look through out history, gun registration is the first step towards gun bans.

Remember, us gun owners might be paranoid, but that doesn't mean that they aren't coming after us.

#2 is a very good point.  If a home owner shoots a burglar, it's not going to be in question that he did it.  Which presses the first point I made.  If the homeowners won't be hiding their shooting, and the criminals are not going to be using the serial numbered bullets, what's the true purpose of this bill?

Paranoia usually comes from something...
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: April 27, 2005, 12:42:17 PM »
Originally posted by Heretik
Apple would make a gun that was lighter, easier to shoot, and more accurate but nobody would make ammunition for it.
Or you could get a Linux gun, in which case the ammo would be free.

Offline Pooh21

• Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: April 27, 2005, 12:42:42 PM »
And what happens when a crackhead shoots someone with a 9mm bullet serial number 456789XX and so on, and impact makes the 4 into a 1, which just happens to be in a 9mm  box some innocent guy shot off half of that weekend?
Bis endlich der Fiend am Boden liegt.
Bis Bishland bis Bishland bis Bishland wird besiegt!

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2005, 12:43:15 PM »
How about 1 cent per bullet to build new jails used ONLY to house anyone that commits a crime using a gun. Sentences to be a minimum of 5 years going up to life for the more serious crimes?

I'd pay that one.

It's this really curious idea.........punish the criminals, leave the law-abiding citizens along.

I kind of like that.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!