Author Topic: Weird Variance in delay pattern  (Read 1864 times)

Offline 38ruk

• Gold Member
      • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
Weird Variance in delay pattern
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2005, 07:20:30 PM »
Originally posted by StarOfAfrica2
Did you install the catalyst control panel?

No way heheh that thing is a p.o.s .... ive never tried it , and wont unless it becomes manditory .    38

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2005, 08:40:49 PM »
Whenever I see something about looking up processes, I throw this out. Very helpful IMHO.

http://www.answersthatwork.com/Tasklist_pages/tasklist.htm
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline 38ruk

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2005, 08:26:51 AM »
hey wolf, are you still seeing this , it seems to be allitle better lately, but im still seeing it often.

HT , any  ideas?   38

Offline Wolf14

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2005, 12:17:05 PM »
It has settled down alot for me. I  still see it pop up on occasion but not everyday for the first 20-30min I log on like it was doing.

Offline Redd

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2005, 06:35:33 PM »
38RUK

I get this a lot exactly as you have posted.
It has been driving me nuts for the past month.

I have 2 computers connected through ICS , mine is the remote. What I have found so far is that if I reboot the host , or usually even just log out my sons session on the host , it will stop.

I have been thinking it's either spyware or MSN related ( he runs MSN )

MY screenshots would look identical to yours.
I come from a land downunder

Offline Redd

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2005, 10:41:01 PM »
btw  if you use something like  Ping Plotter and look at every hop along the way , you will notice that the middle hops are taking longer than the final hop , which is pretty strange.

So can anyone from HTC tell us whether this is a net issue or an issue with our machines/config/software , or something that has been introduced with one of the new versions ?

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2005, 12:05:02 AM »
Redd, if those hops are the savvis network, that's a whole nother issue. Read the post "Need some help from the community."
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2005, 02:39:57 AM »
I had this SAW TOOTH Variance  for awhile tonight. I had 2 routers dropping packets in the route and SAVVIS internally was rerouting packets from 1 VLAN to another at the  L.A. CA hop. It doubled my ping time and I couldnt hit watermelon until they rerouted back to my default with a 63 ping round trip and no droped packets.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Redd

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2005, 03:34:58 AM »
Originally posted by bustr
I had this SAW TOOTH Variance  for awhile tonight. I had 2 routers dropping packets in the route and SAVVIS internally was rerouting packets from 1 VLAN to another at the  L.A. CA hop. It doubled my ping time and I couldnt hit watermelon until they rerouted back to my default with a 63 ping round trip and no droped packets.

yup same here bustr, terrible connect tonight

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2005, 06:04:36 AM »
what is the difference btwn CT and MA when it comes to the variance picture?

It seems my variance is always flat in CT and varies in  MA

You guys check CT variance when ur MA var is in the crapper?
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Redd

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2005, 07:49:34 AM »
Originally posted by Eagler
what is the difference btwn CT and MA when it comes to the variance picture?

It seems my variance is always flat in CT and varies in  MA

You guys check CT variance when ur MA var is in the crapper?

I believe MA is on one server , and all the other arenas are on another , so there can be slight dfferences

Offline Redd

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2005, 09:43:42 AM »
Any progress or understanding of this problem yet ?

Offline MANDO

• Nickel Member
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2005, 11:38:01 AM »
Well, I have the same problem with a GForce card, so, probably it is not related to ATI or Nvidia.

Some times It got cured suddenly after ALT - TAB and ALT - TAB into the game again. The problem started the last month. W98SE here, with minimum processes running, same processes as always.

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2005, 03:16:21 PM »
I've known for a long time that it's connection related. Could be firewalls, routers, savvis...who knows.

Offline 38ruk

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2005, 04:27:41 PM »
i think its too steady to be a routing issue , but who knows. unless its an alternating router . Im no network guru , but the way it can just clear up and come back, makes me wonder . Do any of you guys see the cpu bounce of the system idle proccess when AH2 is running ? you have to go to the view option in the task manager and turn the update speed to high , after i do that i see the cpu do the bounce .... hope they find this 38