Author Topic: 50 miles between early war bases? Why?  (Read 381 times)

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
50 miles between early war bases? Why?
« on: May 02, 2005, 07:54:10 PM »
I just logged into AH and the CT for the first time in weeks (or months?) and the two closest enemy bases are about 50 miles apart.  With slow early-war planes this will kill any interest.  I know that I’d rather dork around in the MA.  I was kind of excited to fly Zekes and Warhawks, but not if it takes forever to get to the fight.

I think I saw that A-11 and A-14 were right next to each other.  Make them enemy bases and action will happen.

eskimo

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2005, 07:59:06 PM »
The maps not the best but there is a IJN CV right off Rangoon. Seems to work out ok from the feedback Ive got. If not we can go with your idea.

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2005, 08:10:29 PM »
Originally posted by Slash27
The maps not the best but there is a IJN CV right off Rangoon. Seems to work out ok from the feedback Ive got. If not we can go with your idea.

CVs are cool.

I'll go check it out.

eskimo

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2005, 08:16:28 PM »
CT empty,

The CV looks like it can get about 17 - 20 miles from the Rangoon base.  11 and 14 are about 8 miles apart.  I'd still make one of em Allied.

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2005, 08:16:41 PM »
I moved her right off shore. Let me know how it works out and Ill make changes if we need to.

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2005, 06:44:46 PM »
Last night finally saw some numbers in the CT late EDT time and headed in.  The fight was between the IJN CV and Rangoon.  I had a blast I really like the P40b vs A6m2 matchup.

So I'd have to say your moving the CV worked out great Slash, since for the first half of the night it was empty.

Thank you
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2005, 09:41:55 PM »
Thanks man. Fork wisely added it for us. Im going to try to find out who made the map and see if we can get a CT friendly version with a few more bases or just move a few closer together.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2005, 11:59:50 PM »
I loved that island on fin/rus. It wasn't too far but not too close. You had to fly to it and because it was an island (there's just something about islands!) it was always the center of the fight... But then this is an old old memory. Might not apply in today's CT.