Author Topic: Sudden tree spawns & terrain weirdness  (Read 155 times)

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
Sudden tree spawns & terrain weirdness
« on: May 02, 2005, 05:32:53 PM »
I've lost a few buffs since the new trees were added.  I've been watching from the external view as I come in to land.  I'm all clear, maybe a 1/4 mile out.  Then, voila, a tree appears.  Not always directly in front, sometimes off center, so my wing nails it (maybe not a big deal for a fighter).

Its happened over and over for me.  I had 1024 res, I brought it down to 512.  I thought...maybe Ive got my settings up too high.  Same.

I'm noticing the same with airfields in the distance.  If I zoom in, I see the field.  Un-zoomed I do not.  Im at work but later I can post a screen shot.

Asides going from 1024 res to 512, I havent mixed up anything on my settings for months.

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.vf-17.org
Sudden tree spawns & terrain weirdness
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2005, 05:51:26 PM »
2 things you can do to fix that.  Number one is to move that bottom slider to the left.  That one controls the distance at which you can see the trees and ground objects drawn.  It goes from .5 to 3 miles.  Second (if your system cant handle you turning up the slider), right before landing in the manner you describe, hit the Shift F4 and go into ground vis mode.  The trees will pop into view and make it easier for you to land.  Just dont forget to go back to a different view mode once you takeoff again, or your frame rates will be in the toilet.