Author Topic: 9-11 Wakeup Call  (Read 776 times)

Offline blur

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
9-11 Wakeup Call
« on: September 13, 2001, 08:06:00 AM »
Okay, I’ve heard enough fascist dogma. It’s time for some political incorrectness.

Anyone with at least a cursory knowledge of this country’s foreign policy since WWII shouldn’t be surprised by the attacks last Tuesday. The US received a dose of  “collective karma”. US citizens, on their home soil, got a taste of the terror and destruction that we’ve been doling out to others for years.

I find that the universe, being a positive force, always attempts to nudge us back onto a truer path when we stray. It starts out as a tap, then a punch and then if we still haven’t listened we’ll get a 2x4 over the head. Remember Three Mile Island and then Chernobyl? Remember the embassy bombings and then the attack on the Cole?

Now this.

When will it stop?

An intelligent being will always reevaluate an experience and then grow from it. Will we learn and grow from this experience? Will we reevaluate our foreign policy or will we stagger around like a punch-drunk prizefighter firing off cruise missiles at tents in the desert?

Offline Gunthr

• Gold Member
      • http://www.dot.squat
9-11 Wakeup Call
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2001, 08:31:00 AM »
I can't believe that you think we should allow monstrous terrorist acts to dictate our foreign policy???????

Because 10-20 thousand Americans are killed, we should adjust our policies more to the liking of the mass murderers????

[ 09-13-2001: Message edited by: Gunthr ]
"When I speak I put on a mask. When I act, I am forced to take it off."  - Helvetius 18th Century

Offline Dawvgrid

• Nickel Member
9-11 Wakeup Call
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2001, 08:56:00 AM »
I know this,that this attack couldtn`t come as a surprise to USA,,,,,the fundamentalist
has been screaming for revenge,retaliation
etc etc for years,its the old story "cry wolf".But they did it so often,so it wasn`t
heard when it really mattered.Furthermore
US has been kicking bud for what?50 years,,
so dont be so naive that you didnt see it coming(by this mean your intelligenceservice)

But dont be mistaken bout this,,i dont approve this action,and I hope they will catch "them folks" and string them up in their,,,,,you know.
Dawvgrid

Offline Tuomio

• Nickel Member
9-11 Wakeup Call
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2001, 08:59:00 AM »
Theres always 2 sides in war.

USA isnt innocent in this terrorist act, even that the civilian victims are.
Killing thousands of civilians is barbaric act, but there is motive behind that. Maybe the motive has something to do with US caused civilian casualties in the middle east? I dont know, just wondering..  :confused:

Offline Gunthr

• Gold Member
9-11 Wakeup Call
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2001, 09:05:00 AM »
Tuomio, you are justifying the murder of tens of thousands of innocent people. Think about what you are saying...
"When I speak I put on a mask. When I act, I am forced to take it off."  - Helvetius 18th Century

Offline Dawvgrid

• Nickel Member
9-11 Wakeup Call
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2001, 09:16:00 AM »
Gunthr what tuomio said,that they didnt get this idea just out of the blue,,"tango takes two".

Offline Tuomio

• Nickel Member
9-11 Wakeup Call
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2001, 09:21:00 AM »
Gunthr i said those people that died were innocent. Their death cant be justified by any means.

Offline Gunthr

• Gold Member
9-11 Wakeup Call
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2001, 10:05:00 AM »
Ok. I understand there is a language difference. When someone says "... it takes two to tango" in this culture it usually means that both are at fault for what occurred. That is a gross mistatement in this situation.

Offline dawvgriid

• Zinc Member
9-11 Wakeup Call
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2001, 01:48:00 PM »
Sorry Gunthr,what I meant that United States
foreign politics is the cause of this attack,i didnt say i approve it.            

,,"tango takes two".  
was the wrong expression to use,im sorry.
Dawvgrid

Offline Gunthr

• Gold Member
9-11 Wakeup Call
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2001, 02:27:00 PM »
No problem, Dawvgriid... thanks for your understanding of our difficult time  :)

Gunthr