Author Topic: "Chappelle's Show" Shut Down *****  (Read 2352 times)

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
"Chappelle's Show" Shut Down *****
« Reply #75 on: May 15, 2005, 10:56:56 AM »
actually creamo.... my girlfriend is a huge fan of the food network....  she will call me in when little rachel is on with "your little girlfriend is on"

I also wish to bend her over the counter and give her some life perspective.  

I don't know... just something about her... a sally fields/flying nun kinda thing that appeals to me.

lazs

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
« Reply #76 on: May 15, 2005, 11:11:32 AM »
Sounds fair to me, although 'my little girlfriend' may be a stretch, but again, I get your point.

I got the AIM catalog a few days ago; my new girlfriend will pry be a K31, if Big 5 doesn't have a few nice samples. It will only cost $40 more to buy local, but that may be optimistic. Can’t FFL one at AIM's price which sucks, or I would buy 3.

We’ll see how it goes.

Offline Mustaine

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #77 on: August 04, 2005, 11:49:53 AM »
before the MP's get mad.... i am not punting for no reason...

there is new news that this show IS now dead for real:

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1506940/20050804/index.jhtml?headlines=true

there we go :( sounds like the real deal.
Genetically engineered in a lab, and raised by wolverines -- ]V[ E G A D E T ]-[
AoM DFC ZLA BMF and a bunch of other acronyms.

Offline newguy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #78 on: August 04, 2005, 01:16:54 PM »
I rented one of his DVD's the other day. I seriously dont know how people think he is so funny. He has a couple funny skits, but the majority of it is just not funny. I found a lot of it really boring. Why people feel inclined to repeat the Rick James thing is beyond me. That skit was...retarded. Dont waste your time lazs.

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #79 on: August 04, 2005, 01:31:03 PM »
I found a LOT of his stuff so bigoted it was... funny. Brave stuff in a way; sometimes I was left thinking 'that dude's a dead man.. even his own community is gonna be gunning for him..'

Turns out he was most popular with the college age white kid crowd. 'Anti-Comedy'.

No explaining the tastes of kids these days.

(sometimes I sound so much like my parents did.. seems the older i got the smarter they were)
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #80 on: August 04, 2005, 02:14:48 PM »
but... but.. newguy and hang... aren't you afraid that if you don't listen to/watch/admire the prowes of every black who comes down the pike with the same old crap that you will be labled a bbb.... bi... biggot?

as for his show going away... doesn't sound like I will be missing much... give someone else a chance.

lazs

Offline 1K3

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #81 on: August 04, 2005, 02:38:40 PM »
lol Charlie

" 'Chappelle's Show' was like the Tupac of TV shows. ... For some strange reason, it burned out quick." — Charlie Murphy

I think that's true too:(

IMO Chappelle quit because he thinks his show is not going in the right direction. He wants his skits to be a novelty, not MASSED PRODUCED.

Offline Mustaine

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #82 on: August 04, 2005, 02:43:47 PM »
Originally posted by lazs2

as for his show going away... doesn't sound like I will be missing much... give someone else a chance.

lazs
mind of mencena has pretty much taken up the slot, and is just as "offensive" even more possibly to all races and creeds
Genetically engineered in a lab, and raised by wolverines -- ]V[ E G A D E T ]-[
AoM DFC ZLA BMF and a bunch of other acronyms.

Offline Raider179

• Gold Member
« Reply #83 on: August 04, 2005, 03:37:18 PM »
Originally posted by 1K3
lol Charlie

" 'Chappelle's Show' was like the Tupac of TV shows. ... For some strange reason, it burned out quick." — Charlie Murphy

I think that's true too:(

IMO Chappelle quit because he thinks his show is not going in the right direction. He wants his skits to be a novelty, not MASSED PRODUCED.

I heard it was because Dave became a muslim. Whatever he was funny. Where he plays the crackhead are some of my favorite skits. Not to mention "black bush" "Oh whats that U.N., you don't like my policies, well tell you what, why don't you sanction me with your army. Oh what's that, you don't have an army. Thats what I thought *****es." lol

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #84 on: August 05, 2005, 09:15:48 AM »
I guess we will have reached a peak of fairness and openmindedness when a white comedian can make fun of other races on TV....

The pendulum has swung.. in the fifties and before it was white comedians making fun of other races and it was deemed unfair and not PC.

When will it be deemed not PC to make fun of white males?

I guess real openmindedness means.... getting rid of PC.

lazs

Offline Hoarach

• Gold Member
« Reply #85 on: August 05, 2005, 09:47:13 AM »
Well with Chappele's show being waited on, we all might as well watch Mind of Mencea (Carlos Mencea) because he is just as funny.  But I believe he doesnt have enough time for his show because the half hour he has goes by too quick.
Fringe
Nose Art
80th FS "Headhunters"

Secret Association of P38 Pilots

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
« Reply #86 on: August 05, 2005, 11:29:48 AM »
lazs this is the second time in the past few months where you do this "thing" where you continously don't like something about black people.  First it was the way black women look, now black comedy.  

Okay, we (at least me and my mouse do).  What I don't get is why you have to say thing over and over in one thread.  Is it a freaking affirmation or something?

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #87 on: August 05, 2005, 02:01:17 PM »
slavery>stigmata>biased art+culture>bad taste.

when a sizeable quantity of people have learned everything from this hypothetical culture, and nothing from anything else than it, it tends to stick out like a sore thumb.

That doesn't mean the bad taste is excusable.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #88 on: August 05, 2005, 02:08:18 PM »
thrawn.. are you saying that all races look the same and that there is no difference between the routines of black comedians and white?

or... are you just upset when I point out that some of the differences do not appeal to me?

lazs

Offline Torque

• Gold Member
« Reply #89 on: August 05, 2005, 02:33:06 PM »
all this talk is making my noodle soft.